In your opinion what is the most overrated thing in WDW?

Boardwalk touched my heart the first time I walked in the door. Never been disappointed with any of my stays there. Though in order to visit often I've traded stays there for stays at POR here of late.

I do love me some Zebra Domes ;)

Agree 100% about Boardwalk. Was a little iffy before the visit but fell in love within 2 minutes. I still love Beach Club too but Boardwalk is my new go to for the Epcot area.

And yes Zebra Domes are heavenly. :thumbsup2

Agree 100% about Boardwalk. Was a little iffy before the visit but fell in love within 2 minutes. I still love Beach Club too but Boardwalk is my new go to for the Epcot area.

And yes Zebra Domes are heavenly. :thumbsup2

I honestly never considered the Boardwalk until I visited there during the 20th anniversary. Now I want to see what the the rooms look like and the short walk to Epcot (assuming it's not 100 degrees out) seems like it would be a great thing. So yeah... It's now on my to-do list.

Victoria & Alberts. It was good, that's it. The wine pairings were outstanding, half of the courses we didn't finish and would never choose to order again--not because it was exotic, just mediocre preparations. We thought the food and service were better at Narcoossee's. There are no 5 star restaurants where we live, but we have enjoyed many more impressive meals at a fraction of the cost. The overall dining experience was no where near the caliber of the Chef's Table we have enjoyed on a couple 'lower' cruise lines which are available for under $100pp.

Overrated? I might get some heat, but two very popular restaurants:
O'hana and Chef Mickey's.
The profit margin for these restaurants is huge for Disney. Charge higher end prices for mediocre food... in fact, often lower quality food. Buffets and "family style" are, in the restaurant industry, a great way to maximize profits while keeping costs down. Yet people rave about these places. I just don't get it!

Fantasmic.

You'd have to pay me a lot of money to get me to waste my time watching that boring show again.

That's what I was thinking!

I don't understand the people who love that enough to sit through it again. I tried to watch the first half and gave up. Went back for the second half the next night thinking I'd missed something awesome. Nope.

Am I allowed to say one I've never actually experienced myself? The MK dessert party. I cannot imagine paying $80 for desserts and a view of Wishes. That's $320 for my family of 4! For desserts! and a view!

I know that many of you love it and see the value. I'm glad Disney has something for everyone. I'd rather get an ice cream cone and stand by the flag pole. Never been disappointed. Except by those people who insist on buying balloons and standing in my line of vision. Sorry...a rant for another day.

Am I allowed to say one I've never actually experienced myself? The MK dessert party. I cannot imagine paying $80 for desserts and a view of Wishes. That's $320 for my family of 4! For desserts! and a view!

I know that many of you love it and see the value. I'm glad Disney has something for everyone. I'd rather get an ice cream cone and stand by the flag pole. Never been disappointed. Except by those people who insist on buying balloons and standing in my line of vision. Sorry...a rant for another day.

Those dessert parties seem like the absolute dumbest things and such a cash grab.

I would also never pay 80 bucks for a Halloween or Christmas party.

Akershus :crazy2:

I wouldn't bother sitting through the daytime parade at MK again. My kids and I all agreed once was enough.

Poly
It reminds me of the Brady Bunch goes to Hawaii episode.
OMG I laughed so hard when I read this because this is PRECISELY why I'm staying at the Poly this August. We used to go to WDW a lot when I was little, but since we had close family in the area we never stayed at any of the resorts. Oh how I longed to stay at Poly because to my eyes it was the embodiment of the Hawaiian Brady Bunch episode which I was obsessed with. Never got to stay there until now. Funny how we both made the same association but for me it's a plus!

Last edited:
I didn't realize until reading through how much I didn't like :eek:

Contemporary
Polynesian
Monorail
Dole Whip (unless rum in it)
Small World
Speedway
Jungle Cruise
Stitch Encounter
BOG Dinner
Ohana
Chef Mickey
Now gone (yeah!) Main Street Electrical

and that is only around the MK .....

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter