In Room baby sitter

BuzzandWoody

Driving with my Doom Buggy
Going this coming weekend for a week.

Would like to take advantage of an e-ticket night or just any night for that matter. Come to think of it I'm sure on such short notice they would be full anyway.

Okay on to my question. I feel guilty thinking about getting a sitter.

It would be nice to ride some rides together, get a quiet meal. We don't have anyone going with us. 2 dd's 4 1/2 and 2. too young for any other options.

I know about the child swap but it's not the same.

Idea's thoughts??

Des

I have read many posts on this discussion board about the in room sitters. Everyone I have read seems to love it. I believe they use Fairy Godmother's or Kinder Care.
Maybe someone else can give some help here that has actually used these services. Also, try doing a search using child care as your key words.
Staci

Well, if you feel guilty, then there is probably nothing I can tell you to change your mind. I will tell you that I have used Kindercare for our kids and was completely trusting in their abilities and services. My kids were 4 and 7 months, we stayed on Disney property - went to dinner and Pleasure Island, and we came home to sleeping kids. The next day before I had a chance to ask my oldest how he liked the sitter, he was bombarding me with the pictures she helped him draw, the projects they worked on. He felt very comfortable with her, and so did I. The sitters at Kindercare are all licensed and bonded, and they have all had a background check done.

I think our sitter's name is June, she probably still works there. May want to give her a try.

I think we are going to at least try to do it.

I'll give a call tomorrow and ask if June is with them.
Thanks!

It seems a shame to go somewhere, spend so much money and then come home and say I wish this and I wish that.

It might be a few years until we make it back!

Des

Please help me understand - you're away from home, at a hotel, leaving your kids with a perfect stranger? I know the're bonded and all, but I don't think I could get past the fact that they're perfect strangers...

But good news!!

My mom is coming with us and staying for 3 nights.

I don't think we'll leave her with the kids in the room, but at least now if we want to do something during the day, i.e. go on a ride together, i.e. RNR coaster, TOT
etc.

I know people use the sitters all the time and have good experiences. Look at the one above. I Think you're being harsh for those who would use one though.

I would always say find an alternative but that's not always possible!

On this trip everyone will be happy. We're going to Disney World who wouldn't be happy??!!

So you don't like the in-room sitters, Tink Tink? Well, don't use one! I was merely stating that the sitters at Kindercare are licensed and bonded. If you aren't comfortable, so be it! The good news is that we all have a choice as to who we leave our children with (or don't leave them with).

And to reiterate, I felt completely comfortable with Kindercare. I will use them again if need be.

Happy day!

Hi! Boy, I didn't mean to come off like a prissy you-know-what, but it looks like I did... Sorry if I poked anyone in the wrong spot. The point I was trying to make is that I would be uncomfy leaving my kids with a stranger. I don't even have a regular baby sitter at home. If the grandmas aren't available, Hubby and I stay with the girls. I get a little over done on this subject - sorry...

I have read nothing but good things about the Fairygodmothers and Kindercare. Maybe someone can help me work up my nerve to leave the kids for a few hours on our next vacation. DH will have to recover from falling on the floor, but I'm sure he'd enjoy an adults night out! ;)

We recently went to WDW and used Kindercare sitters. E night was the best use for the sitters. We ate at a restaurant at the hotel, took the sitter with us at about 630, talked with her, let her chase our very active 2 yo. We left for enight feeling like we new enough about the sitter to leave them with her. We have a 5yo also who can use a phone, answer her questions, etc. We had a 1-800 pager and a cell phone so she could contact us. When we returned, the kids were sleeping. We crawled into bed. We used a sitter for going out to eat at Citricos and I thought the food could be better, so it wasn't worth it for me. I wish that I'd had one for their nap one afternoon so that I could have gone back to AK.
I would say try it and see. I liked the 1-2 hours getting to know the sitter before leaving. It makes the kids more comfortable, too. If I had had a bad feeling or intuition about her, I would have feigned illness or fatique, Paid her and sent her away.

TinkTink, don't apologize, I feel exactly the same way, would not leave my kids in the room with a stranger! Just how I feel!!:D

Just got back last night and although we did not plan on using a sitter after all.......

My 2 yr dd couldn't handle it all towards the end of the week. Way too much for her even with daily naps.

One night she threw a fit ALL THE WAY back on the bus. The people on the bus cheered when we got to the hotel. It was bad. it wasn't her fault though.

Friday we did the breakfast with Donald at AK and again back to the hotel on the bus was awful. IT just wasn't any fun for any of us. I called Kindercare to see if they had any openings. They put me on standby and they did call back at 3 we had a sitter for
Fri night e ticket night. Our sitter was Karen and she was great! We had her for 5 hours, returned to our room at 12:30 to find a peaceful sleeeping little angel.

She would never has been able to wait for the parade or handle a late night like that. My 4 1/2 yr enjoyed the night with mom & dad.

I was totally at ease with her and would do it again.

Next year she will be able to do it a little better and we probably won't stay as long.

3 cheers for KinderCare!!!!!

Can anyone use Kindercare? We are visiting in July and not staying on Disney property. Just found this whole website and very new to posting here! This is the 4th trip for my husband and me and my kids' 2nd. We love Disney!

TinkTink,

I know exactly where you are coming from, we have 3 boys under the a ge of 2 and nobody but my mother in law watches them. I'm sure the Fairy Godmother's and Kindercare are great, they would have to be with so many people using them. I feel guilty leaving my kids with MIL. I don't think there is anything wrong with that feeling. I would love a night out with hubby on next trip, maybe we can get the inlaws to go.

I think it is great that they provide a service so that parents are able to get some quality time together.

Last year my sister got married at Disney World! She did not want children in the wedding except for my daughter who was the flower girl. My twin boys were not in or invited to the wedding. They were 2 years old. Of course my mother who usually babysits for us was going to be busy that day. We used Kindercare to watch the boys along with other children whose parents were at the wedding. A disney wedding is expensive and they decided not to include children. It is their wedding and their choice, so we used a sitter.

I just wanted people to understand that there are many reasons to use a sitter. We were very pleased with our experience and would have no problem using them again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter