In recent times what days have your SW flights went down?

mckinley

DIS Veteran
I have flights booked with SW in March. Just been watching to see if prices drop lower. So far they have not moved up or down. Just curious what days any of you have saw rates drop? In the past it has always been a Monday or Tuesday.

It must be March. In 4 months, prices have not changed for any day other than Tuesdays and Wednesdays (which we cannot do). The weekend fares have been very expensive and never budge. We were hoping to see some savings on weekends after 1/1 but no luck. The Sunday we are looking for is 314 one way. On Wednesday it's 90.00 Quite a difference even considering supply and demand.

Not just March unfortunately. I booked pretty close to when my dates were released for our first week of December trip and they just never went anything but up.
I have one way booked for a March trip right now. Because we *just* decided on this trip I have to wait to book our return for a few more weeks and it's making me nervous. We are able to fly home on a Tuesday though.. so hopefully that saves me.

I have seen big drops on fares Monday evening, a $200+ savings for us.
I've also seen drops on Sunday afternoon, and the most recent was actually on New Years morning. The prices in the sale launched today are higher than what I saw them yesterday.

...I've also seen drops on Sunday afternoon, ...

This is what I saw too. A month or two back I saw a one day sale on a Sunday where I was able to get MCO->PHL for $60 (fly date is a Wednesday). Usually it's $119/$129 or worse. I wasn't able to get the same for PHL->MCO and wound up booking that at $129 a couple weeks later.

Thanks for the replys, I am just going to keep checking daily hopefully they will drop some. I will post if they do drop.

We are looking to book SW for July. But it's first time flying and I have no idea average flight cost vs high costs from Detroit area. Can anyone offer any insight? :confused3

We are looking to book SW for July. But it's first time flying and I have no idea average flight cost vs high costs from Detroit area. Can anyone offer any insight? :confused3

We always find cheaper rates flying South West out of Flint instead of Detroit. Would that be an option for you?

I just booked our July trip on New Years eve and was able to get tickets for about 180 round trip per person. For us, that's the lowest we've seen in the last few years.

I absolutely love flying out of Flint instead of Detroit. The airport is less hectic and no where near as gigantic. Everyone that I know who has flown out of Flint has stayed clear of Metro when given the chance after.

We always find cheaper rates flying South West out of Flint instead of Detroit. Would that be an option for you?

I just booked our July trip on New Years eve and was able to get tickets for about 180 round trip per person. For us, that's the lowest we've seen in the last few years.

I absolutely love flying out of Flint instead of Detroit. The airport is less hectic and no where near as gigantic. Everyone that I know who has flown out of Flint has stayed clear of Metro when given the chance after.

We are looking at flint and planning to book. We are about 45 minutes from both airports. But for our dates we are getting 260 per person from there. Still cheaper then metro. 180 would be better for 5! I am jealous :thumbsup2

We are looking at flint and planning to book. We are about 45 minutes from both airports. But for our dates we are getting 260 per person from there. Still cheaper then metro. 180 would be better for 5! I am jealous :thumbsup2

Glad to hear that you were able to find a cheaper price flying out of Flint instead of Metro. Fingers crossed that your price goes down even more. :)

Not sure how flexible your dates are, but we found that Sundays were the most expensive day to both fly out of and in to Flint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter