• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In-park ceremony questions...

Mary626

DIS Veteran
Hello! I am currently planning my WDW wedding, but I'm right in that "void" - signed the contract but haven't gotten my planning package or an EM yet... so I am starved for info and have a million questions!!

My ceremony will be held on the Italy Isola in EPCOT. I know we have to get private transportation to get into the parks in the morning, I was just wondering if anyone has done this and what it was like? Was there a place in the park for the bride to freshen up? What kind of decorations did you have? Any details you have about your in-park ceremony i would love to hear!!!

In fact, has anyone been married on the Isola? I would especially love to hear about that or maybe see some pics!!!

I know many of you have had the Illuminations Dessert Party on the Isola - what did you think of the location?

Any answers or responses are greatly appreciated, thank you!!!

Thank you for your response! The English rose garden's look beautiful, I was strongly considering there as well. You must be so excited!!

Thank you for the link - but the video that for the isola doesn't appear to be working :(. Most of the other videos worked - just not the one I wanted, how typical lol. Is there a way to get it to work? Or is there someone I Can PM about their isola wedding? I hate to be a bother I am just so curious what my wedding might look like!!

Thank you again!

Write Stan and see what he can do to fix it or send you the example. He is great with the video. I can't wait to use him. In fact, it looks like you are getting married less than a month from me. When are you going for you planning session. Contact me via PM if you want. Have you contacted Disney yet?

Doesn't Disney have any sample photos they can send you? Have you looked at the Disney site?

Hi there... it looks like we will be having our ceremony in Italy or perhaps France... :love: I'd be interested in seeing any pics or video samples that any brides have from their weddings there... Stan's links to the Italy Isola and also for the Boardwalk Attic do not work... thanks for your help. :flower:

Jonette: Thank you for the suggestion, i will try emailing him! What is the date of your wedding? that's cool that our wedding dates are so close, maybe it will help us both to compare our planning progress! i have signed my contract but haven't heard from Disney yet about anything else. The save-the-dates were just sent out and some people I know have received them. I don't know if I will be able to visit for a planning session as I live in california and want to save my money for the actual wedding!

Fireflygirl: the photos on the website of the isola are far away and not at all helpful! There were a few lovely photos on the yourfairytale website that made me think the isola was the place for me. I asked my disney sales manager Pam Pearce if she had any photos of the isola, especially any photos of how it looks during a wedding.. she said it would be difficult to find because they can't use people's photos without their permission, but she said she would try. Though she never did get back to me on it.

happylalagirl: i am happy to hear that you are considering the italy or france pavilions!! I love all the pavilions in the world showcase, it was definitely a hard decision for me! I chose the isola island because i thought that way we would have a view of all the countries out around the lagoon. Not sure if it will work the way I am envisioning or not, of course. Goodluck deciding!

thank you so much for those links! Especially the pictures of ariel's - it gives me a great idea for what to expect (it looks beautiful!!).

Disney's website should have a sampling of pictures like that, I think it would really help brides-to-be out! There website has so many glitches though. I almost didn't sign up for the Fantasmic dessert party because it was listed as $7,500 instead of 750 minimum!!!! i told the sales rep about it, she said she would change it, but of course it is still there lol. But I guess I am on a real tangent here!!

anyway thank you again!! :flower:

We had our cocktail hour and desert party at the Isola. Our reception was inside the American Adventure Rotunda, because of that we had a private area/bathroom to use, I don't know where you would go for the Isola. We loved loved loved the Isola, both our cocktail hour and desert party's were great, and because of Illuminations it was a huge hit. Because the two events we had there were not "dinner" we chose to do both high boys and sit down tables with white table cloths. We had them tie huge white tulle ribbons onto all the lamposts with long tails that trailed in the wind, looked so romantic. For the cocktail hour they had rose petals on the tables and for the desert party they added candles. They also added candles all around the edges, also very romantic! And we had them bring exta flower pots that they placed all around, they matched our colors perfectly, but that was pure coincidence!

The transportation worked out great, no complaints, made it easy for the guests and they felt special that they got to come into the back of epcot and just "appear" in the park.

We had our pre-reception on the Italy Isola. It’s really got a lot of character, and it has a wonderful view. I think you’ll be very pleased. I don’t have any good pictures of the Isola when it was set up for our pre-reception since it was dark, but I do have some I took on my planning trips that will give you an idea of what the space looks like. Just send me a PM with your email address, and I’ll be happy to send them to you. :)

Thanks for your responses! That makes me feel much better about my choice! I can't wait till next april!!

Ead79; thank you for the offer!! I PM'ed you my email address. Hopefully the PM went through, I'm not sure. Looking forward to seeing the pictures! :flower:

Hmmm, I didn't get the PM. Do you mind re-sending it? Or you can just post your email here if that's easier. :)

Sorry about that, I'm new to this type of messageboard. My email is adamsmary200 @ gmail . com (i had to space it because it wouldn't let me send an url in my message) thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter