In DL on JUNE 20? Backstage Tour & DIS Meet Info on 1st Page

YellowMickeyPonchos

Remember when everyone had one?
:banana::banana::banana::banana: WE HAVE THE REGISTRATION LINK!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

http://www.register123.com/event/profile/form/index.cfm?PKformID=0x773814dbaf

Disneyland Backstage Experience - $129.00
Saturday, June 20, 2009 9 AM - 12 PM

This is the FIRST TIME that the Disney Institute will be opening the Backstage Tour to the public, and it's open to DISers!

MEETING LOCATION: You will meet your Disney Institute facilitator at the Compass Rose which is an inlaid mosaic on the ground in the center of the Main Esplanade. The Main Esplanade is the official name of the courtyard area directly in-between the main entrance turnstiles of Disneyland Park and Disney’s California Adventure Park. Please bring a copy of your email confirmation with you and remember, your experience will begin at 9:00am sharp.

PARKING: Is located in the Mickey and Friends parking structure, which is the central parking hub for the Disneyland Resort. Once parked, please follow signs to the guest tram which will take you directly into Downtown Disney and the Main Esplanade. Please allow enough time to get from parking to your meeting location. Your experience starts at 9:00am sharp.

Participants must be at least 16 years old and carry government issued photo identification (drivers license, etc.). There is walking involved, so comfortable shoes are recommended and attire should be suitable for current weather conditions. Theme park admission is not included or required as part of the program. Please advise Disney Institute if you have any special needs. Actual program locations, or the order in which they are presented, are subject to change.

THERE IS A TYPO ON THE CONFIRMATION THAT STATES JUNE 23 at WALT DISNEY WORLD. THE DATE IS STILL JUNE 20!!!!

The following is a list of folks who signed up:

Kayla's Mom (you go girl!!!)
Merry Mouseketeer and Disney Enabler
California Dreamer
I'mTooExcitedToSleep (and he is, too!)
deann
Mary Jo +2 (Tink33 & Daisuke)
msteddom
robind
SFBayDon
CoMickey
Disneyluvr81
eticket34
Disney Anna
WendyinOC
Pete + 1
Walter
Teresa + 1

Who else made it?

Wish List

mforhan
PrincessYessenia
christine*
kenttz
Tinkerific
DisneySuiteFreak
kronkman
Feistygirl1916
Disneyland Mama
MamaKate
Forevercruising
MonicaD
staceyinaustralia
Rockclimber
Phantasmic
JohnZ46
arilvdc
mattb65
Wendi2000
sternfanla
spencer'smom

PrincessChrysty +1 (dropped due to other important happenings)

If you are going to be in the area and would like to join us for a meal at the DLR, please go to the link below & post on the poll:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2200066

Nancy, you are such a tease!!!
Are you thinking of doing UP at El Capitan. Let me now if you are, I'd love to meet up with you without such a large group (though the large group was fun, don't get me wrong!)

Michelle - I know you'd be all over this, girl...

But this is bigger than UP.... and it's at DL. And exclusively for DIS members.... and in not too big of a group....

(On a side note, we could be talked into doing UP at the El Cap with you guys.....)

Spill the beans please. Do not make me get out the dole whip.

I so want to go on this and that and everything. I am listening to the podcast and like wow.

So excited.

Please sign me up for anything that I can afford.

I was thinking of doing teh free UP at Capitan for D23 members but it is sooo far to drive.

Thank you so much.

I know what it is, because I listened to the podcast. :goodvibes How exciting! I've been trying to think how we can get down there then because DH's school won't be out yet. :sad2: But I won't say anything either. Go listen to the podcast of the cruise. It also has an interesting interview with a retired Disney guy. :)

I heard this on the podcast last week and I am glad you posted this Nancy because I wasn't sure if it was this coming June or June 2010. I have no plans to be in DL on June 15th...but once they give out more info I am hoping I can possibly talk DH into going down for a short trip. I am crossing my fingers!!!:yay:

Thanks for the information. I am very interested and will be sure to sign up.

To add to what Nancy (yellowmickeyponchos) said, this is the first time that Disney has opened this particular event to the public - EVER - in the 54 years that the park has been operating.

And the public, in this instance, is the DIS! :woohoo:

You really should listen to the last podcast. :flower:

oooh man!!!! im going to be there the 7th-the 12th!!!!!

why ooh why the following week lol

listened to the pod cast now.

Thank you! I found something on iTunes by DIS unplugged, is it the one where they have now spent about 4 minutes saying thank you and congratulating random people?

I am pretty sure that's the episode. This last one was recorded live from a recent cruise that they did with their listeners, so it is not in the same format as their regular show. It is a lot of fun to listen to though, you should give it a try! On wednesdays they release their regular show with information about WDW and the DLR, trip planning etc. Then on Thursdays they answer questions that we (DIS listeners) send in through voicemail or email. A lot is about WDW, but they are starting to talk about and do more relating to the DLR (such as this fun event!). Nancy, the one who started this thread, is a new DLR correspondent for them and gives reviews/info to the show. Enjoy!

I liked this latest podcast except when that retired dude made a big mistake about food allergies. Disney owned restaurants are excellent with food allergies but the ones that are not Disney owned on on the 10 most avoided list for persons on special diets. One lady on the internet posted how she went twice to the Marrekesh and was handed a white sheet of paper. Each time all but one dish was crossed off and not the same dish. Disney chefs would have walked her through the menu and would have changed things to fit her diet.

dissapointing is his take on Pleasure Island. There will always be a need for late night venues as us from the West Coast and Australia are wide awake at Florida's midnight.

Overall I liked this last podcast.

What is it? Can't you just tell us?:confused3

I just listened to the first part of the podcast--it is a lot of thanking people and talking about the cruise they are on. Maybe I am missing something.

I just listened again and here is the jist of it:

Okay, so for the first time in 54 years, there will be a backstage tour. This is different tour than the one they do at WDW, where anyone can sign and to go on one. They don't typically do the backstage tour at DL.
This tour will happen the week of June 15th. This tour is not going to be open to the general public, but only to special groups. The DIS group will be amongst the first to take this tour, so stay tuned for the dates and times of the upcoming tours the week of June 15th.

Hope that helps to those who are interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter