Impromptu Solo Trip

gardengirl2790

Mouseketeer
Hello, I will be taking an impromptu solo trip in a few weeks. I used to always stay onsite, but with Disney raising hotel prices so drastically, I’ve given that luxury up. It will be just me, adult woman, no kids, etc. I’m trying to decide between the following hotels. All will be fairly similarly priced, with the Westin being the most expensive. I’m not bothered by walking. I’d appreciate any first-hand experience opinions. TIA!

Westin Anaheim Resort
Candy Cane Inn
Hojo
Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim (across from the parks)

Candy Cane is a pleasant walk, safe, and offers shuttle which is handy at night. Beds are super comfy and it was completely remodeled during COVID so it is like a brand new hotel. Great free breakfast if you are into that sort of thing. Have stayed there for years.

I vote Candy Cane Inn or Westin. Candy Cane is EASY. You get a cute, updated, clean, basic room. You park near your room. No long walks, elevators, etc. Great free breakfast, free parking, easy 10 minute walk or free shuttle. EASY.

The Westin is going to be more of a luxury stay. Probably a 20 minute walk to the parks (or you can Uber). I have not stayed here, but I have friends that love it, and the reviews are very good.

Pick the Westin if you’re wanting upscale luxury vibes. Pick Candy Cane if you’re wanting simple and easy.

Thank you! We had a friend who stayed at CCI and they recommend trying to get a room on the second floor, as their first floor room was noisy from their upstairs neighbors. I’m hoping to book a standard queen, and am wondering if standard rooms are available upstairs….i will just call the hotel if I need to.

Thank you! We had a friend who stayed at CCI and they recommend trying to get a room on the second floor, as their first floor room was noisy from their upstairs neighbors. I’m hoping to book a standard queen, and am wondering if standard rooms are available upstairs….i will just call the hotel if I need to.
One nice thing about the second floor of the CCI, if you're on the south wing you can walk outside your room and see the fireworks from Disneyland. :-) (I suspect that some people come up from the ground floor to watch, too...)

I'd go with Candy Cane. I liked even before it was refurbished so I bet it's even nicer now. The walk is easy and the shuttle is very convenient if you want to save your feet sometimes. You could splurge and get the premium room, which is slightly larger, breakfast is delivered to your room and you get a later checkout at 2:00.

As someone who has stayed at both the Westin and the Candy Cane Inn, I would have to give Candy Cane Inn my vote, as it's closer to the parks. I know you say you don't mind walking, but after a day at the parks, that walk back to the Westin can seem very long. The Westin is more of a luxury hotel, but the Candy Cane Inn is quite sufficient, and the breakfast offerings are great. No matter which you end up choosing, though, I hope you have a great time!

Last edited:

Hello, I will be taking an impromptu solo trip in a few weeks. I used to always stay onsite, but with Disney raising hotel prices so drastically, I’ve given that luxury up. It will be just me, adult woman, no kids, etc. I’m trying to decide between the following hotels. All will be fairly similarly priced, with the Westin being the most expensive. I’m not bothered by walking. I’d appreciate any first-hand experience opinions. TIA!

Westin Anaheim Resort
Candy Cane Inn
Hojo
Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim (across from the parks)
We have only stayed at the candy cane inn and we really liked it. It was the most clean hotel I have ever stayed at I think. The beds are also brand new and super comfortable. Also the breakfast is really good. I think it might be the only one with an included breakfast compared to the other 3. They have waffle irons you can make your own waffles, fruit, breads and pastries, yogurt, I think they have cereal and oatmeal, as well as croissant breakfast sandwiches that you can heat up. The Westin will definitely be the nicest out of all of the hotels but its a little farther of a walk. Hojo and Courtyard shortest walk and great for families but as a solo person you might not enjoy all the kids and the noise from the two water parks all day long and neither of them offer a free breakfast and charge for parking.

Personally we didn't really hear any noise from the upstairs rooms when we stayed there. Maybe a little bit in the morning around 7 am when people were leaving for the parks but otherwise it was a pretty quiet hotel.

I do solo trips for the majority of my trips (5-6 times a year) and I always stay at HoJo. The walk is super easy and the beds are exceptionally comfy. I honestly hate staying anyplace else.

If you'd like to use my discount code to save 15% it's 1000022077 at this link

I do solo trips for the majority of my trips (5-6 times a year) and I always stay at HoJo. The walk is super easy and the beds are exceptionally comfy. I honestly hate staying anyplace else.

If you'd like to use my discount code to save 15% it's 1000022077 at this link
Wow, thank you all so much!

Personally we didn't really hear any noise from the upstairs rooms when we stayed there. Maybe a little bit in the morning around 7 am when people were leaving for the parks but otherwise it was a pretty quiet hotel.
I’m very glad to know the hotel is nice and quiet! Thank you.

I have stayed at Candy Cane many times but did HoJo in 2022 while CCI was closed for renovation. It was fine, but I would pick CCI over it every time. The walk seemed a bit farther, with no shuttle option, and no free breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter