Impromptu 1-Day Hopper Trip Monday

Christin82

Mouseketeer
Hi, Everyone!

I’m usually pretty good at navigating Disney, but I haven’t been back since the virtual queues started and fastpass stopped. Any tips on making the most of one day with a family of 4, all of whom are at least 40 inches?

Also, my 4-year-old has a medical problem that makes it very difficult for his body to regulate temperature. He overheats very easily and can be outside when it’s in the 90’s, but he has to take lots of rest breaks. How should I go about getting him a pass so that he can wait for rides somewhere where he can sit, drink water, and rest as needed?

Thanks in advance!

I haven’t been since they’ve reopened so I can’t speak to time management. As for your son, assuming things are like before, look for plaid cast members and talk to them and they’ll get you setup. basically be on the lookout for big green umbrellas throughout the day (those are guest services stations to get passes to skip the line.)

As for temperature regulation, someone somewhere on this forum talked up UV umbrellas and convinced me to get one, they are indeed surprisingly effective, so that might help during times when he is exposed to the sun.

Get to the park early. I was in Disneyland on Wednesdsay (at capacity when I checked Park Reservation calendar) and Fantasyland rides had 10 minutes - 20 minutes waits before 9 a.m. By 10:30 a.m. Peter Pan was 90 minutes and even worse in the afternoon. Since there are no FastPasses, all the popular rides have long queues as the day goes on, especially when there are no parades to divert the crowds. Do mobile food ordering early in the morning as popular time slots are gone quickly and some places only accept mobile food orders. Ask for a switch pass to use with a young child and the other child can ride again if they want to.

Ditto about the solar umbrella, but do you have or have you thought about the little handheld fans? I’m not sure if it would help him since I don’t know the severity of the issue, but I recently got a couple of different ones to try for our Sept. trip, that I’m honestly kind of excited to see if they make a difference… they seem to have a decent air flow when I was trying them at home… I also got a neck fan to try…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter