Impressed my freinds - THANK YOU

Pamela M

DIS Veteran
I did 2 days plus a Halloween Party with my friends. All the tips I've picked up here over the years helped me impress my friends.

I knew to go to any store instead of Town Hall for a button ( I was with someone that had NEVER been to any Disney theme park).

I knew how to use Max pass & mobile ordering so we didn't have wait in long lines.

For the party I knew about the BB dining package and I knew to ask for a waterside table (we only had to wait 10 minutes)

I knew where to stand to get a spot for the fireworks ( party and non party night) with a good view only a 10-20 minutes prior to the show.

And lastly the thing that really impressed them was.... asking to ride in the nose of the monorail. My friends didn't really know what I was asking. When the doors opened they started to get into the first car when I motioned them to the nose of the monorail. Riding in the nose of the monorail to me is a way to feel like a VIP without having to pay for it. As much as we all love Halloween this was their favorite moment out of our days at the park.

One tip for future Disneyland friend tour guides - my friends made me wear the bat ears every night as they found it easy to find and follow me as we moved from place to place.

file.jpeg file1.jpeg

Haha I love this! I think it is totally worth it to spend time on forums and reading books in order to get the BEST Disney trip you can. The difference between knowing my stuff and not knowing my stuff really shows. Glad you had an amazing trip and helped others to have one also. I can't wait for my next trip!

Sounds like a fun trip!! I had no idea you could get first trip buttons anywhere except town hall!

How do you get to ride in the nose of the monorail?

And where is the best place for fireworks? We will be at Disney in 23 days!

Well the best place for fireworks is right in front of the castle but usually requires 1-2 hours of waiting. I like to watch them where the hub meets Main Street. I find I can find a spot about 20 minutes before the fireworks.

My friend and I did get a pretty decent spot in the hub between Frontierland and Adventureland.

The biggest tip is to just look for openings. Crowd control will try to corral you just be on the look out where you can step aside for a spot.

Also CMs will tell you to move forward and fill in all the empty space I’d leave a little room so I still have a view of the castle.

As for riding in the nose or tail on the monorail- just ask!!! It’s first come first serve so if someone is in the nose you’ll have to wait.

That is so awesome!

I remember having a similar experience when I went with my family, my sister, brother in law, niece, nephew and my parents. We were a group of 10. And I had that park memorized, itineraries made, knew all the ins and outs and I got to lead my group of 10 like I was a guide! They all still make comments about what a great trip that was.

I feel bad for people that go to Disneyland totally unprepared. Any time I hear of someone going, I’m like, please let’s go have coffee and I’ll tell you what’s up!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter