Important to keep expectations reasonable!

ptrbryant

DIS Veteran
Okay, I've noticed a number of posts lately where people have been disappointed with their WDW resort choice. I just wanted to say that, while there are cases for valid complaints at times, in most of the recent situations, the visitors seemed to have such unrealistic expectations of what they'd be getting.
These boards are TERRIFIC for information, but please pay close attention to the details. If someone has a post about their pampered stay at GF, don't expect anything close to that at an All Stars resort.
By using these boards and links to photos of the resorts, we were able to have a fantastic 1st trip to WDW last May. In our family, the reality is that we LOVE coming back to an attractive hotel room at the end of a busy day--not just a sleep and shower stop. After looking at the photos of All Stars resorts at numerous websites, we knew that wasn't for us. We also, for whatever reason, truly dislike exterior corridors to hotel rooms, so the moderates were out. We ended up staying at WL with a mousesavers code which gave us $129 a night for an attractive room at a beautifully themed resort. No complaints! But, I know if we'd stayed at a value or moderate, we would not have been as happy. WDW's fault? No, it would have been our's for not checking out our options.
Basically, all I'm saying is that most people come here to do their homework...just make sure you make you final decision based on the information so readily available here!
Thanks,
Karla B.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter