Important Announcement - 2006 Member Cruise

TnRobin said:
Wow - you beat me to it Mary. You are fast. :)

You wouldn't think I'm excited or anything would you. :)

This sounds so exciting! I wonder what the point values will look like!

We're going to be in WDW on the 3rd.. I guess I will be calling from AK on my cell phone :)

Mark those calendars.

I had a cabin on this cruise, but had to cancel... I am going next time and the date is much better for me!!!

I don't want to use points, but does anyone know how much it costs??

Does anyone know where to find either the point or dollar cost for the 2005 sailing?

DisneyBill said:
Does anyone know where to find either the point or dollar cost for the 2005 sailing?

From the DVC Member Site

S.S. Member Cruise

2005 Reservation Points* Per Person (based on double occupancy) The Disney Collection

4-Night S.S. Member Cruise 2005 Sep 4 - 8

STATEROOM CATEGORY - RESERVATION POINTS - CASH**

Disney Wonder®

12 Standard Inside Stateroom - 90 - $688

11 Standard Inside Stateroom - 90 - $688

10 Deluxe Inside Stateroom - 115 - $782

9 Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom - 123 - $834

8 Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom - 139 - $938

7 Deluxe Stateroom with Navigator's Verandah - 150 - $1,000

6 Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah - 158 - $1,058

5 Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah - 166 - $1,110

4 Deluxe Family Stateroom with Verandah - 200 - $1,318

3 One Bedroom Suite with Verandah - 341 - $2,217

Additional Passengers***

3rd/4th Adult (ages 13 and over) - 68 - $458

3rd/4th Child (ages 3-12) - 57 - $406

3rd/4th Child (ages 2 and under) - 20 - $196

*One Reservation Point is equivalent to one allotted Vacation Point. Reservation Points have no other relationship with, or comparison to, Vacation Points and are established for convenience of reference only. Reservation Points per person are based on double occupancy and apply to 1st/2nd Passenger.

** Cash rates are per person, based on double occupancy, and apply to 1st/2nd Passenger. For the S.S. Member Cruise only, all travelers can be confirmed with cash. Total cash amount due must be paid at time of confirmation.

***Category 4 Staterooms can accommodate up to five passengers. Please call Member Services for details.

All travel options are subject to availability. Routes: Disney Cruise Line 2005 S.S. Member Cruise sails from/to Port Canaveral, Florida. Right to change itinerary/detention: Disney Cruise Line may in its sole discretion and without prior notice change, substitute, postpone, cancel, or deviate from any scheduled sailing, itinerary or call at any port, and may substitute another vessel for the ship, and shall not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by Guest as a result of any such change, substitution, postponement, cancellation, or deviation. The Guest shall pay any and all expenses incurred if a Guest is detained on board ship or elsewhere at any stage of a voyage because of quarantine, port regulations, prevailing applicable law, illness, or other cause. The full terms and conditions of The Disney Collection program are located in The Disney Collection program section of the Member Benefits Guidebook. They are an integral part of the program and govern the information found in this Reservation Points chart. Please review them carefully before booking this travel option. All reservations are subject to availability and the 60-day rule (see your Vacation Planner for details).

Newbie questions:

1) Can you split the cost of the cruise (1 person on points & the rest of party on cash?).

2) In the case of cash payment does the normal DCL payment plan occur (down payment, w/balance due before cruise) or do you pay the full amount upfront?

TIA

keishashadow said:
Newbie questions:

1) Can you split the cost of the cruise (1 person on points & the rest of party on cash?).

2) In the case of cash payment does the normal DCL payment plan occur (down payment, w/balance due before cruise) or do you pay the full amount upfront?

TIA

Yes you can split it up but all payments must be made on the day of booking.

This is so funny. We can't go on the member cruise anyway (something about work and school), but Dec 3 is our departure date for our WDW trip this year! At 9:00AM we will be on an Airtran flight. I could just see us trying to get through to MS while at baggage claim! I'm sure there are more than a few other DVC people in the same position.

I wish I could go to the Member Service office to book, since I'll be in Orlando at that time ;)

Karen

I may be calling from a cell phone too. We have reservations for Disneyland that weekend. At least I will not be wasting my park time. 9AM in Orlando is 5AM in Anahiem. The parks will not be open yet. Also I guess that mean I will be flying down on Friday night too.

Hey Robin, 9:00 a.m. in Orlando is 6:00 a.m. in California. Don't want you waking up earlier than you have to ;)

I am going to move this to the planning board as we are starting to use it to plan our assault on the phones. :) :)

Yes after all we only have 80 days to plan! :)

I am so there!!

I dont know how Im going to swing it (already have cruise booked in Sept) but even if it's a solo trip, Im going!!

DH and I have been talking about another Disney cruise for a while (last one June 1998 one of the innaugural cruises for the Magic). It would be great to add this on to our annual F&WF trip!!

TnRobin,
We'll be spending Dec. 2-4 at Disneyland too!

I informed DM that she would be going with me next October. I can't wait! :Pinkbounc I have it on my calendar the day before to remind me (like I would forget) and the day of. I will be working out my redial finger to make sure it is ready for the event. Does anyone know the order of the numbers to push? I think for member services it will be 3, right? Then what?

Can anyone list what is included/not included in the price - say taxes, tips, food, transfers etc?

I will be at WDW on 12/3 and was in the process of planning a meet for 9am that day - guess I may shelve those plans for now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter