Impediments to Entrance Procedures Lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScrapYap

DIS Veteran
I don't want to use MagicMobile because I don't want to set up Big Brother's Apple Pay with a photo of my face and my credit card info. According to the receipt page when purchasing tickets, if you are not compliant and don't set up MagicMobile, you are not going to be able to breeze right into the park with a tap of your MagicBand. They are going to ask to see the emailed receipt of the ticket purchase and your driver's license. Some of my one-day tickets are so old that I don't have receipts. They are obviously trying to force everyone to bow to MagicMobile. But are they enforcing it?

Do the vast majority of guests use MagicMobile at park entrance?

Paging 2017, please come home.

That's right - that's how it's always been - and hopefully how it always will be.

But the receipt that came with the one-day ticket I bought yesterday warns that if you don't set up and use MagicMobile, you have to show the receipt and ID.

Maybe this is new - or just starting down the pike.

Maybe it's possible that only recently-purchased tickets will trigger the proof-of-purchase requirements. I'll find out soon!

I've only used my MB or every so often my paper ticket or AP to get into the parks and never had a problem. I don't see them ever forcing you to just use one method, especially something as specific as Magic Mobile since not everyone has Apple products or smart phones. We are not Apple users in our home, all our cell phones are android.

I am not 100% sure when MagicMobile came out. But my experience recently has been:

September 2022 - Disneyland - within the park used my phone and the App. First entry I used the App to enter for the first time and were given physical paper tickets
November 2023 - Disney World - I used magic band for everything. My mom got a card key for the resort and room charging and we had to go to the ticketing center at Disney Springs and they put her ticket on a physical card key. She was phoneless completely. Was not an issue.

I am pretty sure the App is still the easiest thing to use/ Especially when you have Genie+ and have to be on your darn phone all the time.

There seems to be some confusion in this thread about terms. Magic Mobile is a way for you to put your ticket into either your apple wallet or your google wallet or some other digital wallet on your phone. It’s separate from the magic band and can be used instead of a magic band or aper ticket if you chose to add it to your phone’s digital wallet. There is no requirement to use that particular feature just like there is no requirement from your bank to use it for your credit or debit card.

There seems to be some confusion in this thread about terms. Magic Mobile is a way for you to put your ticket into either your apple wallet or your google wallet or some other digital wallet on your phone. It’s separate from the magic band and can be used instead of a magic band or aper ticket if you chose to add it to your phone’s digital wallet. There is no requirement to use that particular feature just like there is no requirement from your bank to use it for your credit or debit card.

Thanks for the clarification. I was a bit confused and wondering if things had changed since last year.

Thanks for the clarification. I was a bit confused and wondering if things had changed since last year.
The wording of this stuff is indeed confusing. On our last trip for a few minutes I thought I was required to use Magic Mobile for something-or-other (I forget what) but, no, I did not. Our MagicBands worked for everything.

The wording of this stuff is indeed confusing. On our last trip for a few minutes I thought I was required to use Magic Mobile for something-or-other (I forget what) but, no, I did not. Our MagicBands worked for everything.

I wish things were a bit less complicated and phone intensive. I am sure people could save so much time if they could do a bit of preplanning. I know I am gonna get a lot of flake for this but I would love some kind of GeniePlus+ at around the price point of Universal's Express Pass that would allow you to go onto MDE, enter your objectives for the day and have the system populate an plan for you. So instead of constantly updating your phone and looking for stuff. This is my 7 hour exclusive plan for Magic Kingdom today.

I wish things were a bit less complicated and phone intensive. I am sure people could save so much time if they could do a bit of preplanning. I know I am gonna get a lot of flake for this but I would love some kind of GeniePlus+ at around the price point of Universal's Express Pass that would allow you to go onto MDE, enter your objectives for the day and have the system populate an plan for you. So instead of constantly updating your phone and looking for stuff. This is my 7 hour exclusive plan for Magic Kingdom today.
You could just hire a Plaid, like other parkgoers with a higher cap on their spending limits than I have, do. Then you wouldn't have to plan anything.

You could just hire a Plaid, like other parkgoers with a higher cap on their spending limits than I have, do. Then you wouldn't have to plan anything.

Looking for something under that price point. I honestly just miss the preplanned 3 fast passes. I hate being on my phone constantly. Also I'm usually a solo. 450-900 an hour for 7 hours is outside any reasonable budget.

Looking for something under that price point. I honestly just miss the preplanned 3 fast passes. I hate being on my phone constantly. Also I'm usually a solo. 450-900 an hour for 7 hours is outside any reasonable budget.
Well, an extra $200 or $300+/day is outside my budget as well. So I'm having a hard time agreeing with your suggestion, which, btw, is a suggestion that other DISboarders like. So perhaps WDW will become a destination for people with deeper pockets than I have, which would really disappoint me, since I love it there. But I travel with someone who's not eligible for DAS but who also cannot stand in a line for 60 or 90 minutes. So we rely on G+, which is also, for us, not exactly a bargain.

Well, an extra $200 or $300+/day is outside my budget as well. So I'm having a hard time agreeing with your suggestion, which, btw, is a suggestion that other DISboarders like. So perhaps WDW will become a destination for people with deeper pockets than I have, which would really disappoint me, since I love it there. But I travel with someone who's not eligible for DAS but who also cannot stand in a line for 60 or 90 minutes. So we rely on G+, which is also, for us, not exactly a bargain.
Unless you go in the off season, to me, planning for Disney is the way to go. Yes, the pre-selection of lightning lane items would be great but that is coming back in 2024. If you're an old school Disney fan, I think you will agree that the current system is better than grabbing everyone's tickets, running to the attraction and getting the fast passes before they all were gone. Also, even on its most expensive day at $35, a family of 4 would spend $140 for Genie+ in all 4 parks where it would cost you $400 at Universal for their Express Pass and only 2 parks.

If you can afford it, at Disney World, I would also suggest staying at a Disney Good Neighbor hotel in Disney Springs where you can still get the Early Morning Hours. The rooms are usually less expensive than Disney hotels and I think they all offer free transportation to the parks. Those extra 30 minutes during in the morning coupled with Genie+ can allow you to knock out a few of the big rides early and save some waiting in line.

Unless you go in the off season, to me, planning for Disney is the way to go. Yes, the pre-selection of lightning lane items would be great but that is coming back in 2024. If you're an old school Disney fan, I think you will agree that the current system is better than grabbing everyone's tickets, running to the attraction and getting the fast passes before they all were gone. Also, even on its most expensive day at $35, a family of 4 would spend $140 for Genie+ in all 4 parks where it would cost you $400 at Universal for their Express Pass and only 2 parks.

If you can afford it, at Disney World, I would also suggest staying at a Disney Good Neighbor hotel in Disney Springs where you can still get the Early Morning Hours. The rooms are usually less expensive than Disney hotels and I think they all offer free transportation to the parks. Those extra 30 minutes during in the morning coupled with Genie+ can allow you to knock out a few of the big rides early and save some waiting in line.
I'm not really sure how this addressed what I was saying. I was replying to another poster who suggested that WDW implement a system like Universal's front-of-line access, which is very expensive.

I use G+ all the time. So far, I can afford it. But if it were to be Universal-priced, it would become a huge financial burden for me, although I realize many other people could still afford it.

We’ve used G+ for 2 trips and don’t find we need to spend a lot of time on our phones. We book and move on with our day until either our return window arrives or, the 2 hours is up.

The option to refresh and refresh is there but not all choose to use G+ that way. I’d rather spend my time as a family enjoying the time together at WDW rather than refreshing.

We’ve used G+ for 2 trips and don’t find we need to spend a lot of time on our phones. We book and move on with our day until either our return window arrives or, the 2 hours is up.

The option to refresh and refresh is there but not all choose to use G+ that way. I’d rather spend my time as a family enjoying the time together at WDW rather than refreshing.
Agreed. And a person could spend a lot of time refreshing on their phone back in ye olde FP+ days. I can attest to this, having done it myself. But the payoff was huge, since one could get multiple FP+s for the same attraction. Yes, I miss it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter