Impact of HHN on IOA Crowds

disneyguy07

Mouseketeer
I'm a relatively new Disney to Universal convert and will be visiting September 4-11. I was wondering how HHN impacts crowd levels at IOA -- both during the day and after 5pm when HHN begins. I wasn't sure if IOA might be less-crowded with guests taking advantage of Stay and Scream or perhaps more crowded with guests who aren't attending HHN.

I'd imagine families with kids would head over to IOA for the reasons you mention. That's the first week of HHN and it will likely be mobbed in City Walk and at the end of the park day as people line up for S&S or to be first in line for HHN entry.

If you're inside IOA by early/late afternoon it should be somewhat pleasant crowd-wise.

In my experience (and we go almost every year during HHN), it's never felt incredibly crowded in IOA. That being said, do not - I repeat DO NOT - try to take the Hogwarts Express from US to IOA near park close. It becomes a huge mess and can take upwards of an hour (or more) to get on the train. You are much better off walking through City Walk to IOA or go early (probably before 3 p.m.)

In my experience (and we go almost every year during HHN), it's never felt incredibly crowded in IOA. That being said, do not - I repeat DO NOT - try to take the Hogwarts Express from US to IOA near park close. It becomes a huge mess and can take upwards of an hour (or more) to get on the train. You are much better off walking through City Walk to IOA or go early (probably before 3 p.m.)
Thanks for the tip! We are going during HHN too and will definitely be visiting IOA on the HHN nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter