• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Immigration queues & car hire ?

You have to have been through using that passport before as far as I know.

The trick is usually being one of the first 50 people off the plane!

And do they unload the plane from the same section each time?

I am usually at the back, or near the back of the plane and seem to be at the back of the queue in the hall. Does that mean they usually unload from the front?

And do they unload the plane from the same section each time?

I am usually at the back, or near the back of the plane and seem to be at the back of the queue in the hall. Does that mean they usually unload from the front?

Virgin seem to unload via left side door 2 of the 747 at MCO IIRC. Thats between Premium and Economy. In theory they should let off Upper and PE Passengers first, then Economy, it doesn't always seem to work depending on the cabin crew.

We are here at the moment and arrived on 1st July. We used the Fast Track machines last year and cleared Immigaration vey quickly but this year they are quite clearly marked as for US Citizens only and there was a TSA staff member there stopping non US citizens entering. I enquired and was told that non US citizens would only be allowed to enter after all the US citizens had been through. We were eventually allowed through to the Fast Track after nearly an hour in Immigration and were very quick after that. Poor folks still in the queue had some considerable wait to go though. The age of your passport is not the determining factor; it's whether or not you have visited in the past 5 years. Last year you could only use them if you had visited within the last 2 years I think.

Mrs TT

We used the self service machines in May with my 2 kids (youngest was 2) :)
Had your youngest been in the U.S. before that trip Laura? My whole travel party will have been in the U.S. within the last 5 years but my youngest DS won't have. I suppose we can just ask when we get there but doesn't hurt to have an idea before we go.

I contacted Expedia and they gave me the details to do OLCI. Looks like we can go straight to the garage. Is there anything I need to do besides the check in process?

So we all went 2 years ago but my 11 year old has a new passport. Does that mean we can still use the fast track or does the passport have to have been used before? :confused3:goodvibes

Went through immigration/customs yesterday (I think- little bit confused on the time right now!!) and was very impressed. Fastest we've ever been through. I read this thread before we left UK so we were preparing ourselves to be pushy and ask for fast track, but it all came to us!

We saw the signs saying U.S. citizens and fast track to go right when arrived at the hall, but like sheep we just blindly followed the crowd into the main long queue. We were cross with ourselves for doing that but we all just walked through without stopping a couple of up and downs until we reached a point where there was a man stopping each family (bit like FastPass!)

He asked 2 questions 1: Do you have Esta's? 2: when was the last time visited. Those who said never/can't remember/ages ago/more than 5 years to question 2 were directed to carry on through the long queue. I was instantly prepared for our family and answered 1: yes 2: 2 years ago, so was instantly directed to the fast track machines. The man was very quick directing people and I got the impression that if there was any doubt he just sent them straight on in the main queue. It also appeared that if there was one member of the family who hadn't been before or a long time ago even though rest of family had been recently the whole family were directed to the main queue.

My suggestion here would be that if that was the case for anyone, to split up when going to this man - perhaps those who go fast track can go on through to get baggage which is in full view directly behind the immigration booths. I would only do this though if you were 2 or more individual families together as one big family. Basically split up into households is what I'm trying to say!

He asked the 1st person from each family group that reached him, so was not concerned how young anyone in the family was or how new the passport was - it was all based on the last visit.

There were more fast track machines than I was expecting - didn't count but they took up a whole rows worth of a queue doubled up (reminded me of self checkout at supermarkets!). They are basically for customs (our immigration chap said we didn't need the custom form per family we filled out anymore). They give you a fast pass to immigration!!

They were easy to use as well: one person in the family slides their open passport picture page into a slot, confirm your details on touch screen when it finds you, say no to everything for customs (providing that is the case!) place four fingers on pad and have photo taken. It asks you then if there are any other members of your family so you just keep repeating until run out of family members! You then take slips of paper the machines give you and join a nice, short, quick moving different immigration queue to everyone else and carry on as normal.

I didn't check how long it all took, but it seemed really quick - I would guess 20mins. When we looked at the main queue once we had got through immigration, that was fairly short, so it obviously speeds that queue up as well.

Moral of my story is to ensure you have your 2 answers prepared when getting to that man - any uncertainty and you'll be sent to the main queue. Incidently there were people who said no to the esta question - unbelievable! We never saw the outcome of that!

Incidently there were people who said no to the esta question - unbelievable! We never saw the outcome of that!

:scared1: My goodness!!!! So does anyone know the answer to the question above - what happens to people who get as far as Immigration without a valid Esta?

Mrs TT

:scared1: My goodness!!!! So does anyone know the answer to the question above - what happens to people who get as far as Immigration without a valid Esta?

Mrs TT

You could travel on a visa instead!

No one will be allowed to board without a valid ESTA or visa as the airline is then liable for your return costs when you are refused entry.

You could travel on a visa instead!

No one will be allowed to board without a valid ESTA or visa as the airline is then liable for your return costs when you are refused entry.

Of course. Silly me for forgetting. That's what DD did the year she worked for WDW.

Mrs TT

Had your youngest been in the U.S. before that trip Laura? My whole travel party will have been in the U.S. within the last 5 years but my youngest DS won't have. I suppose we can just ask when we get there but doesn't hurt to have an idea before we go.

I contacted Expedia and they gave me the details to do OLCI. Looks like we can go straight to the garage. Is there anything I need to do besides the check in process?

Yes he had been before. My inlaws were right behind us in the queue and as they hadnt been recently went through the main queue. They were through atmost 10mins after us so it wasnt so bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter