Imgur Linked Photos Not Working?

TheOneWithTheTriplets

DIS Veteran
I suddenly have tons of photos from imgur not showing on my thread.

Instead, they look like this.

Untitled.jpg

For reference, these were all posted using the Insert Image -> Link option, they are all definitely still on the site with no settings changed. If I try to edit any of the posts where this is happening, the image properly loads in the edit field. But, when I save, some (not all) of my photos go back to not loading.

Threads for reference:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...oat-an-aug-sep-2022-tr-updated-04-16.3896018/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...ams-our-2022-23-ptr-updated-04-01-23.3864636/

Any idea what's going on here?

I suddenly have tons of photos from imgur not showing on my thread.

Instead, they look like this.

View attachment 760865

For reference, these were all posted using the Insert Image -> Link option, they are all definitely still on the site with no settings changed. If I try to edit any of the posts where this is happening, the image properly loads in the edit field. But, when I save, some (not all) of my photos go back to not loading.

Threads for reference:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...oat-an-aug-sep-2022-tr-updated-04-16.3896018/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...ams-our-2022-23-ptr-updated-04-01-23.3864636/

Any idea what's going on here?
I've lost all the images in my signature.

@WebmasterMaryJo ?
@WebmasterCorey

I wish when they're going to make changes on the forum they would at least give us a head's up.

Test post, image shows up when I edit comment

c0PfNps.jpg

Check with Imgur to see if they changed their policies? Photo bucket did years ago, that unless you paid for a subscription, you couldn’t link it to other websites.

Check with Imgur to see if they changed their policies? Photo bucket did years ago, that unless you paid for a subscription, you couldn’t link it to other websites.
Nope, still free to host and share.

Last month, they purged a bunch of explicit and anonymous content, but that would mean the images weren't there at all.

They're in my account, the link generator works, the link is visible when I am editing my comment (I can see the full photo from using the link feature) but it's gone when I post.

Yea, Imgur's website says they allow linking in forums:

Are you unable to see your images on a forum?
We allow hotlinking on forums, but these images cannot be used as content for a website, including blog posts, avatars, site elements, and advertising. You can read our terms of service for more info. If you believe your site has been mistakenly blocked, please contact us for assistance.

@PrincessShmoo @Araminta18 I think we may be back up and running. My test comments above now show as photos for me instead of the broken link.

Do you see a Red Queen photo and a Headless Horseman magic shot in the thread above or is it just me?

Also, Princess, your signature is working again for me. Not sure how it looks to you.

@PrincessShmoo @Araminta18 I think we may be back up and running. My test comments above now show as photos for me instead of the broken link.

Do you see a Red Queen photo and a Headless Horseman magic shot in the thread above or is it just me?

Also, Princess, your signature is working again for me. Not sure how it looks to you.
Yay, it looks good!

Now to see if I can fix the little glitch that happened when I tried to switch my old Platinum DCL logo for the new one.

EDIT: Nope, still doesn't allow me to put in a new image.

yep, back for me! huzzah!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter