iMessage on recent Dream sailings

MouseinMelbourne

DIS Veteran
In 2019, DCL rolled out what they said was a test run of free IMessage on the Fantasy. Based on reports, it was actually on all 4 ships. Do we know if iMessages back home is available on the Dream currently?

I think I read it says you can't send pictures, but can you receive them?

That is AWESOME! My pet sitter has an iPhone so I’ll be able to get updates. Thank you!

Pro tip everyone in our household and extended family has Android (switched from Apple a number of years ago). What we do is take an iPad with us and leave an iPad at the house for the grandparents watching the kids.

That way if people don't have an Apple phone you can still get the important messages.

Yes, however for some reason it stopped working on my phone Thursday morning. We aren't sure why, could have been my phone as DH's worked fine. :rolleyes:

Awesome! I was about to ask this same question. We leave tomorrow for a 3 day cruise, usually don't worry about phones much. But we're going solo this time and want to check in with the kids.

I was just on and I don’t think it worked. Is this supposed to be possible in airplane mode?

iMessage on iPhones worked on our cruise this week. No pictures in or out though. Word of caution - make sure you do not turn iMessage off once you have left port canaveral, as you will not be able to get it to work again until you are back at PC.

So iMessage did not work on the Dream last week and when I messaged Guest Services, they said when it does work, that it's an 'error on their part' - so not sure what to believe. I was super annoyed though, since I expected to be able to use it, based on prior discussions here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter