Imagineer Books

chirurgeon

I am a delicate flower and need my sleep.
I have been going through all of my books, a daunting task. I'm a reader and a pack rat. And I like to own my books, not get them from the library. So, lots of books. Any way, I have the Imagineer books for MK, EP, and AK but not MGM/Hollywood Studios. I tried to find it on Amazon, but couldn't. I would like to get it, if it exists. Must have the complete set. Has anyone else seen it?

TIA,
Kim

I heard that there was going to be one for Hollywood Studios but I haven't been able to find any dates or other info about it. :confused3 I am hoping this year before we head down there.

Thanks. I was afraid I lost it in the mass of books ;) .

Kim

I read books from the library and, if I like them, I'll buy them. However, to keep things 'tidy' I restrict myself to hardback, first printing/edition books only. This adds a bit of a challenge sometimes....which can be fun. ;)

Just wanted to post that Amazon has The Imagineering Field Guide to Disneyland listed and they have a release date of October 7, 2008. :) Hopefully HS will be next.

On the subject of books about Disney, I collect Disney books. Fictional and non-fictional. I loved Kingdom Keepers (fictional) - it's a little weird, but it's about Disney World!

And has anyone ever read "Waking Walt?" It's fictional and out of print I think now, but it was about how Walt really was frozen and his "caretakers" woke him up because Disney was about to be taken over by a hostile company. It was a freaky read, and honestly not all that well written, but if you are Disney fan and have ever wondered what would happen if Walt could come back....

The main reason why they skipped out on making a studios' book is because of licensing rights, Disney couldn't use the MGM part in the park title in products that are going to be advertised or could be bought in other countries. So instead they started writing on the Disneyland series and postpoing the studios' one. If you notice, in the other books it mentions the park but calls it the Disney Studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter