• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm sorry to ask..but I need your prayers again

The power of prayer is an amazing thing! God bless you, Bob, and your entire family. I am praying that he recovers quickly...

Just got in. It's near 12:00...but wanted to say thank you, and I hope God listens to all of you tonight. the CT scan came back..his stomach has moved back up and it's twisted. Not good. As thought the laproscopic surgery he had last year..didn't hold up. I should have know. He has lost so much weight..and has had no appetite to speak of. He kept thinking it was nothing..stress..but it wasn't. He's in telemetry now..they have a tube down his nose to keep draining out his stomach (lovely..sorry about that). He was in agony when they had to put the contrast in for the CT. I did leave him feeling better a while ago..of course the morphine helped. We'll meet again with his Dr.'s in the morning. It's looking more like the thorasic surgeon will be getting the job this time around..since it didn't work the other way. He goes in through the ribs..(that's got to hurt). We'll know more tomorrow. Insult to injury..his primary care, who he's gone to for 22 years, is away on vacation, so we are really having to trust people we don't know as to the right thing to do. Thank you for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers. Again..I appreciate it very much. I seem to be bringing the board down lately..thanks for putting up with me.

Phyllis- You're under duress, and the man you love is in the hospital under very frightening conditions. When you (or anyone for that matter) needs prayer, you are not bringing us down. To me, it is another sign of love that you feel comfortable turning to us for prayer in your time of need. It's an honor and a priviledge to take your concerns to the Lord on your behalf. 2009 is only 1/4 over, and you've had more in 3 months than anyone should have to bear. So...

Father God, your dear child, Bob, is in need of Your healing hand. We entrust Bob to your care. Guide the surgical team, the nurses, and all who care for him from beginning to end. We ask that You give a full measure of peace to Phyllis and their children and comfort them as well. Strengthen Bob's body as he undergoes this surgery and grant him full and complete healing, if it be Your will. We can look only to You for health and healing, and for our day to day needs, and thank You for the many blessings You do bestow upon us. We ask this in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, and thank and praise You for your unconditional love and care. Amen.

We are always here for you, Phyllis. :hug:

Phyllis, I don't know if my prayers carry much weight anymore, but you have them. I hope everything works out great and Bob flies through this with no problems. I think you may been hanging around me too long and some of my luck has rubbed off on your family. :(

Lorna, hope everything works out perfectly for you too. :)

Phyllis, you and Bob both have our prayers.

I swear,sometimes it seems like the reason men have testicles is for place to be kicked by lousy luck.
Keep the faith Phyllis, prayers are happen'n.:)

John, seems like your kick'n place is take'n a beat'n too,,
still sending prayers for you too.

Wow, Phyllis, I just saw this. I'm so sorry to hear. I'm hoping everything will turn out fine, and Bob will be on the road to recovery in no time. You, Bob, and your family are in our prayers. :hug:
Please keep us posted.

Phyllis, you are really having a tough time right now. Don't forget to take care of yourself. My solution is to have another beer - always works for me.

You and your family remain in our prayers. Everything will work out

Phyllis, NEVER apologize for coming to us in a time of need! That is what friends are for! And don't you worry for a second about bringing the boards down! You are not bringing anyone down! We are just waiting to celebrate your good news.......again! Prayer is the most powerful force ever to be reckoned with! Count me in on the list of those lifting you up right now!

I don't get on as much as I would like and I just saw your thread, Phyllis. Hopes and prayers heading your way...

I was going to drop in and offer up one last God-honoring prayer for Phyllis and Bob, before it gets out-lawed (see the Sticky), but am glad to see that Deb beat me to the punch. Lovely prayer, and may God be glorified in the cries of his children, in the response of his people when faced with adversity, and by the surprise these things create in the unbeliever who witnesses them. May the testimony of His faithfulness be magnified in your time of trial.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I want to make sure everyone knows that this aspect of our community is seemingly about to be robbed from us. I would just ask that you consider how these new "no religion, no politics" policies are going to impact the genuineness of our community, and write to Pete and John expressing your concerns. I think the existing guidelines, where insulting, negative, and argumentative posts result in deletion, points or locks is sufficient and that there is no reason to censor these topics outright. I find this kind of censorship destructive to community, and I will be writing them to make my concerns known. I hope I got this in before the thread gets locked :guilty:

I was going to drop in and offer up one last God-honoring prayer for Phyllis and Bob, before it gets out-lawed (see the Sticky), but am glad to see that Deb beat me to the punch. Lovely prayer, and may God be glorified in the cries of his children, in the response of his people when faced with adversity, and by the surprise these things create in the unbeliever who witnesses them. May the testimony of His faithfulness be magnified in your time of trial.

Amen!

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I want to make sure everyone knows that this aspect of our community is seemingly about to be robbed from us. I would just ask that you consider how these new "no religion, no politics" policies are going to impact the genuineness of our community, and write to Pete and John expressing your concerns. I think the existing guidelines, where insulting, negative, and argumentative posts result in deletion, points or locks is sufficient and that there is no reason to censor these topics outright. I find this kind of censorship destructive to community, and I will be writing them to make my concerns known. I hope I got this in before the thread gets locked :guilty:

I agree 1,000% and look at this as a sign of the times. Nothing better than silencing the dissenters and those who have differing opinions. I may not always agree with what some people say or do, but they have just as much right to say and do as they feel as I do and that is what makes this country so great. Maybe these rights don't hold up on public internet forums?:confused3

I could go on, but don't want to continue to be :offtopic: :blush:

Still praying Phyllis!:hug:

I don't think prayer is prohibited, I think the reason they did this was because the political threads on the CB were getting way out of hand - considering this is primarily a Disney site. I think as long as it doesn't get into a debate it's fine.

Scott??????

I don't think prayer is prohibited, I think the reason they did this was because the political threads on the CB were getting way out of hand - considering this is primarily a Disney site. I think as long as it doesn't get into a debate it's fine.

Scott??????

I was just fixing to say the same thing. I think it's the Obama threads that got this going. America voted him in and we have 4 years of it, period. Vote the way you want next time, everybody else did lol.

Bottom line, the owners of this board can place whatever restrictions they see fit. It's a free service that is provided to advertize their services and promote their business. We benefit from their generosity in creating this forum. So, if they set parameters, that's their business.

After reading some of the stuff that has gone on over on the CB, I don't blame the moderators. They moderate these boards for free (they don't get paid to do so), and I imagine they get sick of baby-sitting. Unfortunately some adults (myself included) need a slap on the wrist every once in awhile.

I appreciate what Scott does, and what Rhonda did when she served as a mod. Although we stay pretty mild on the camping forum, some of the other forums are not so nice.

If you look at the other forums, the same sticky about religion and politics have been posted on them. When they make a rule for one, it has to apply to all or we'd have people from the other forums running amok over here so they could carry on with their "nasty-ness".

I'm not trying to be controversial, just stating the facts as I see them.

ETA: I "assumed" the warning sticky was on all the other boards, but I had only looked on the CB. It is NOT on all the other boards, but just the CB and the camping sub-forum. It's not even on the main camping forum. Wazzup with that?

and what Rhonda did when she served as a mod.

You mean Roz?

DSC01493.jpg

phyllis, My thoughts and prayers are with you as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter