I'm pregnant...now what?```

Congratulations! WDW is a great place to visit while pregnant. There is so much you can do. I second the recommendations on rides to avoid, the amount of water to drink, and especially to bring comfortable shoes a size bigger. I really had to use that last one!

One other piece of advice we followed when I was pg that worked well - when in doubt, DH rides first. Safari at AK wasn't reco'd for pg women, but DH rode and told me it was ok. Another warning - beware of what the hormones will do to your souvenier budget! There are just way too many things you'll just have to have for the baby! LOL!

Congratulations! My BIL & SIL just told us that they're finally pregnant after almost three years of trying. We are so happy for them, and for you too.

Now for the advise/anecdote:

We went to Discovery Cove, Sea World, Universal, IOA, and Epcot while my DW was five months pregnant. She skipped the Hulk, Dueling Dragons, and Dr. Doom's Terror Fall. She went on just about everything else, including SpiderMan, Popeye's Bilge Rats, Ripsaw Falls, Test Track, and Body Wars. There were no adverse effects to the pregnancy and/or baby. We checked this all out with the doctor several times before going, including a last-minute recap right before we left, just to be sure. I should also add that DW was young (mid 20s) and in very good health, and that we had absolutely no trouble getting pregnant -- all things which affected her riding decisions.

Kiger, now that you've gotten lots of advice on Theme Parks board, I'm going to move this to our Disney for Families board, for you.

DH and I are expecting our first in July. I went to WDW last Nov. when I was about 6 weeks pregnant (I found out the week that we were leaving). I discussed the trip with my doctor with respect to rides and the plane trip from San Francisco. She said to drink plenty of water--which I did. I did not have morning sickness on the trip--it did not hit me till I was about 8 weeks along. At MK, I avoided space and thunder mountain. My doctor said that splash mountain was safe to ride and I did ride it twice. It is not a jerky ride.

At Epcot, I stayed away from test trak and from body wars. At MGM, I did not ride Tower of terror, rock n roller coaster or star tours. At AK, I stayed off the safari ride and kali river. I regret not going on the safari ride (I have been on it in the past). I live in San Francisco and take the bus to work and I honestly think that it is more bumpy than the safari ride. I was just being careful but I did see other pregnant women go on it.

Just take it easy and have fun. Oh yeah, I bought some stuff for my baby and that was really fun too!

Some ladies have mentioned going on Splash Mountain while pregnant. I did the same thing last pregnancy and was taken to task by a cast member who frequents these boards. He explained to me that every once in a while the boats come to a jarring halt or even hit each other (it's been a while but he said something along those lines--I don't remember his exact words). I do remember that he said "I dodged a bullet" by not having something bad happen. Next week I will be avoiding Splash Mountain. I will probably avoid every ride with a warning because those same kinds of rare instances could happen on ANY ride with a warning--and that's why there is a warning. (Even though many wonderful ladies will tell you they rode while pregnant and came away unscathed!) There was a thread similar to this not long ago where someone explained that their doctor told them that even though it might not cause miscarriage that G-forces aren't good for babies brain or something like that.) Just not worth the risk to go against Disney's safety advice, IMHO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter