I'm paying the regular price of a Disney World ticket but getting so much less? Does that make sense?

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
For us, part of the biggest draw of WDW is the entertainment.
It's what sets Disney apart from every other theme park brand.
I understand that for reasons of social distancing, they're not going to have fireworks or parades, or apparently most entertainment.
This includes our 2 favorite shows on property: Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo, the Musical.

So no Happily Ever After fireworks, no Magic Kingdom Parade, no Move it Shake it mousekedanceit street party, no Fantasmic, no Star Wars fireworks, no Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage, no Voyage of the Little Mermaid, no For the first time in forever frozen singalong, no Festival of the Lion King, no Finding Nemo the Musical, and of course no character meet and greets, including the charming Enchanted Tales with Belle.

And those are just the things we really enjoy, there well could be others that i didn't notice.

so again, i get the social distancing aspect of all this.

But does anyone else feel that paying the regular price for a ticket seems a bit much when there's so much missing?

I agree with you 100%. The great thing though is that Disney has been allowing refunds so if you really feel the price is too high you can elect to get a refund and/or choose not to go until all those things come back. They are not going to lower prices unless they absolutely have to. They have been bleeding money for a while now and want capacity low with as high of a cash influx as possible.

Why isn't this in the Theme Parks section?

It's aimed at the podcasters.
They spoke on their podcast as if people need to do whatever they succeed in doing and have whatever number of days they can obtain and be ok with it.
The podcasters have a local's view of the parks and seem unable to get into the head of those of us who come from far away.
During that live podcast, there seemed to be very little empathy.
In fact, one of them seemed finally to recognize how they were sounding when he wrote in the chat, "we sound like spoiled locals". Indeed.

It's aimed at the podcasters.
They spoke on their podcast as if people need to do whatever they succeed in doing and have whatever number of days they can obtain and be ok with it.
The podcasters have a local's view of the parks and seem unable to get into the head of those of us who come from far away.
During that live podcast, there seemed to be very little empathy.
In fact, one of them seemed finally to recognize how they were sounding when he wrote in the chat, "we sound like spoiled locals". Indeed.

A lot of people are okay, happy no, but okay with the restrictions if it means they can visit this year. Another large group is not happy at all with this and will not attend. If you want to go and you feel your money is well spent, go. If you don't, don't. Im not sure why it cant be left at that?

We are not going this fall as planned. No way am I going because I don't feel safe there but I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a watered down experience.

Just realized I type would instead of wouldn't. I would not pay that kind of money for a watered down experience.

Last edited:

As an annual passholder who has missed just being in the parks I'm ok with not having everything for sometime if it just means the parks can be open. Although, I've also gotten more than my monies worth out of my AP($2,099+tax for premier) this year (originally set to expire 7/22, will now expire 11/24 before any additional extensions that are to come) with logging 29 park days at WDW plus at least 30 DLR visits between July 22, 2019 and the March closures.

I'm OK with the limited experience only because there is so much to do at WDW already to keep us content along with what might be new unique experiences added like character cavalcades or whatever else they come up with to fill some gaps.

I don't have issue with the regular cost. The way ticketed park reservations seem to be working out does bother me.

For us, part of the biggest draw of WDW is the entertainment.
It's what sets Disney apart from every other theme park brand.
I understand that for reasons of social distancing, they're not going to have fireworks or parades, or apparently most entertainment.
This includes our 2 favorite shows on property: Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo, the Musical.

So no Happily Ever After fireworks, no Magic Kingdom Parade, no Move it Shake it mousekedanceit street party, no Fantasmic, no Star Wars fireworks, no Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage, no Voyage of the Little Mermaid, no For the first time in forever frozen singalong, no Festival of the Lion King, no Finding Nemo the Musical, and of course no character meet and greets, including the charming Enchanted Tales with Belle.

And those are just the things we really enjoy, there well could be others that i didn't notice.

so again, i get the social distancing aspect of all this.

But does anyone else feel that paying the regular price for a ticket seems a bit much when there's so much missing?

I agree. We will not be going with so many restrictions in place as much as I love Disney. I understand their reasons for all of it and they really have no other choice, but it's not worth $6000-8000 for us.

I'm OK with the limited experience only because there is so much to do at WDW already to keep us content along with what might be new unique experiences added like character cavalcades or whatever else they come up with to fill some gaps.

I don't have issue with the regular cost. The way ticketed park reservations seem to be working out does bother me.
Sadly the Disney you knew no longer exists. It's a clean slate. "There's is so much to do" - what??? Can't even get into their NEW "Park Reservation" system this morning-the site is locked up!! So can't even get into a park. I hope you still find "so much to do" with all crowd gathering events cancelled, no Fast Passes or Virtual Queues, ADR's extremely limited, limited drink and food kiosks, and no park hopping or resort hopping allowed. Plus socially distanced transportation iffy at best. DW is creating a whole new world experience which I wouldn't call "limited" just "new". I'm ready to embrace the new normal just can't even get a ressie to get in! Please report back if you get a "park reservation".

Sadly the Disney you knew no longer exists. It's a clean slate. "There's is so much to do" - what??? Can't even get into their NEW "Park Reservation" system this morning-the site is locked up!! So can't even get into a park. I hope you still find "so much to do" with all crowd gathering events cancelled, no Fast Passes or Virtual Queues, ADR's extremely limited, limited drink and food kiosks, and no park hopping or resort hopping allowed. Plus socially distanced transportation iffy at best. DW is creating a whole new world experience which I wouldn't call "limited" just "new". I'm ready to embrace the new normal just can't even get a ressie to get in! Please report back if you get a "park reservation".
Well , I’ve been waiting on MDE for over 3 trying to get my “park reservations”, 6/22. I have my resort reservations, my annual pass and tickets. We will see.

There are a lot of things cut and it won't be "the same" type of trip. There may be side benefits (very low capacity might make it easier to get on popular attractions, unique Chara term calvacades) but if you only go infrequently I would definitely cancel and move to next year or even 2022. For those that go very regularly it could be fun to do a "different" trip

It sucks but a lot of things suck right about now.

I hope you realize being mad at how I chose to view the situation does absolutely nothing to change your reality.

Just call me Pollyanna!
I am really looking forward to the crowd levels. It will be like way back in the 80's. Do I feel cheated, no way. I didn't get sick from covid,(so far), and I'm grateful to get the chance to go. I suspect it will be even more magical than before.

I just hope Disney does not realize they can make the same money from no shows (and no entertainers to pay) and start moving more and more toward a rides based "theme park" feel. But yeah, maybe the podcasters can interview the non-locals to get a feel for how the others think.

We drive from TX, if Disney is operating like this in a year, we will cancel our trip because we want the whole experience (especially the stuff we missed last time, which happens to be many of the shows).

I just hope Disney does not realize they can make the same money from no shows (and no entertainers to pay) and start moving more and more toward a rides based "theme park" feel. But yeah, maybe the podcasters can interview the non-locals to get a feel for how the others think.

We drive from TX, if Disney is operating like this in a year, we will cancel our trip because we want the whole experience (especially the stuff we missed last time, which happens to be many of the shows).
If people are willing to go without those things i think its definitely something they will ponder or play around with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter