I'm on of the few who still appreciates the classics

Disneygirl3715

Mouseketeer
Has anyone noticed this new generation rarely talks about the animated Disney classics anymore? I'm one of the few teens who still loves them. I don't care if everyone else is talking about modern films. And NO one mention about my avatar, I find Selena to be a very sweet and amazing person.

It is pretty sad that the classics aren't as known. When I was little I knew all of them by heart. My mom works at a pre-school and said half of them didn't know classics like, snow white, sleeping beauty, and Pinocchio! :sad2:

Hopefully Disney will show all the generations how great their work is with their new re-releases like the lion king and whinnie the pooh! :)

Has anyone noticed this new generation rarely talks about the animated Disney classics anymore? I'm one of the few teens who still loves them. I don't care if everyone else is talking about modern films. And NO one mention about my avatar, I find Selena to be a very sweet and amazing person.

Don't worry, I love Selena. I don't know why so many people dislike her. As for the movie thing, I can say the same. I don't know many people who still appreciate them.

I think Disney Channel is partly to blame for never showing them. Outside of Disney Jr., the only time Mickey is shown is in the channel's logo and the Have a Laugh interstitials

Actually...its funny this topic came up. Today, I created a club at school called the National Board of Disney Princesses. To get in...people would have to answer questions about the princesses. What color is Aurora's dress?? No body got this!!!!!! I think it confused them because it changes from pink to blue, but everyone was saying RED!!! RED!!!! Oh...the nerve. So...in order to promote the princesses, I started a new holiday. Disney Princess Week!!! You dress like a dif Princess everyday. It started today.
September 7- Jasmine: Wore a blue dress code shirt and Jasmines hair thingy with blue flats
8- Rapunzel...even though shes not official until Oct. 6th. Sooooo excited...:eek:
9- Belle
Weekend break, because of 9/11...ANDDDDD I wanna show my stuff off at school!! DUH!!
12- Ariel- plan to wear my Ariel wig until I get detention for distracting hair
13- Cinderella
14- Aurora
15- Tiana...ugh. even though I dont like her...she IS still a princess

Also, today we watched a video in science, and there was this twinkly sound so I screamed out "TINKER BELL'S HERE!!!!!!" Then a boy shot up and said "WHo the **** is that??" I will not lie. I broke down. I wanted to cry, but I didnt. Instead...this conversation followed:

Me: Oh. My. Gosh. Did you just say that??
Kid: Ummm..yeah. Whats wrong with that-
Me: Do NOT go on...
Kid: Gosh...what is she like your sister or something??
Me: For one thing...it's GWARSH...not gosh. And second...NO! Its even better!! Shes a.....drum roll...DISNEY CHARACTER!!!!
Kid: How did I know that ABBI would somehow fit Disney into a science video.
Me: I will now sit down for risk of saying things that will get me suspended.

It's nice that DC shows those Have a Laugh! segments sometimes but those aren't the same voices.

If only they had a Classic Disney cartoons channel.

It's so sad to see less people appreciating the classics. All my friends like alot of the classics and know basic info about some of them. And thu aren't obsessed with Disney. I feel like I've rubbed off on them lol:). I really wish Disney Channel would play more of the cartoons and classic movies though. Because lets face it, some of the DCOMs aren't that great. But I did just see an add that they are gonna play Snow White Monday night :)

(btw, I love the princess week idea :) )

Actually...its funny this topic came up. Today, I created a club at school called the National Board of Disney Princesses. To get in...people would have to answer questions about the princesses. What color is Aurora's dress?? No body got this!!!!!! I think it confused them because it changes from pink to blue, but everyone was saying RED!!! RED!!!! Oh...the nerve. So...in order to promote the princesses, I started a new holiday. Disney Princess Week!!! You dress like a dif Princess everyday. It started today.
September 7- Jasmine: Wore a blue dress code shirt and Jasmines hair thingy with blue flats
8- Rapunzel...even though shes not official until Oct. 6th. Sooooo excited...:eek:
9- Belle
Weekend break, because of 9/11...ANDDDDD I wanna show my stuff off at school!! DUH!!
13- Cinderella
14- Aurora

Also, today we watched a video in science, and there was this twinkly sound so I screamed out "TINKER BELL'S HERE!!!!!!" Then a boy shot up and said "WHo the **** is that??" I will not lie. I broke down. I wanted to cry, but I didnt. Instead...this conversation followed:

Me: For one thing...it's GWARSH...not gosh. And second...NO! Its even better!! Shes a.....drum roll...DISNEY CHARACTER!!!!

Rapunzel becomes a princess on my birthday...I didn't know that!!! :teeth: I'm soooo excited now!!!!!

It's so sad to see less people appreciating the classics. All my friends like alot of the classics and know basic info about some of them. And thu aren't obsessed with Disney. I feel like I've rubbed off on them lol:). I really wish Disney Channel would play more of the cartoons and classic movies though. Because lets face it, some of the DCOMs aren't that great. But I did just see an add that they are gonna play Snow White Monday night :)

(btw, I love the princess week idea :) )

Awwww! Thanks!! I know that I'm definitely having fun with it...

Rapunzel becomes a princess on my birthday...I didn't know that!!! :teeth: I'm soooo excited now!!!!!

Lucky Ducky!!! Atleast....I THINK thats when she becomes a princess over in London. Not quite sure though. You might wanna look it up just in case...:goodvibes

It's nice that DC shows those Have a Laugh! segments sometimes but those aren't the same voices.

If only they had a Classic Disney cartoons channel.

This.

Whenever I'm in WDW, I always see the classic Disney cartoons playing in the resort lobbies. I love that. :)

I like the classics the best.

and i don't like Selena Gomez :p some of her songs I adore, but she's not a good singer IMO

I like the classics the best.

and i don't like Selena Gomez :p some of her songs I adore, but she's not a good singer IMO

^^ Thiss

But I do like the classics the best. It's sad how I'll try to watch them with my 5 year old brother, and he's not even interested...

9- Belle
13- Cinderella
14- Aurora

I applaude you totally!!! You are AWESOME Abbi!:goodvibes

The only thing worse than people not knowing the classics is when people dislike the classics :(

makes me depressed. like as if they just insulted my religion haha

♫♥MickeyManda♥♫;42605368 said:
The only thing worse than people not knowing the classics is when people dislike the classics :(

makes me depressed. like as if they just insulted my religion haha

I totally understand. When people say that I'm so taken aback that I don't know what to say, but I know the next thing I DO say is not going to be a good thing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter