I'm just about to lose it (comments welcome)

princess_reject

Mouseketeer
So...I'm mostly doing this for myself. It is something I am using to keep myself accountable. Maybe it will change as time goes on, but for now...this is for me.

It is time for me to take action. I have just been thinking about it and saying I am going to do it for far to long. And now...it's almost too late. But I don't want it to be, so today is as good a day as any. Today is the day I start making myself over...to be a better person, a better boss, a better soul mate. My first step is taking care of me. No more excuses. I am going to eat better and work out harder. I am going to be positive and think happy thoughts. I am going to be the best me I can be. I owe it to myself and I owe it to my love. He picked me when I was better and I want to get back to that person.

I am getting married in a little over 2 months. I am so excited for that day and for what our lives togther have in store for us. I want to start it out right. I know every bride says it..."I am going to lose weight for my wedding." And I'm sure they all mean it. I did...but now, I am a little over 2 months out and I after 15 months of being engaged, I am worse off than I was at the beginning. I know I can do it. I know that it really isn't even that hard if I just try a little. But I have been lazy and complacent. I have made all kinds of excuses and blamed others, even though I know the blame lies solely on my shoulders. So today...I have to carry that burden myself...and use it as a starting workout.

2 months ago I started training. My fiance and I signed up for the Tough Mudder and I was going to do it no matter what. He told me that maybe we shouldn't...we weren't in good enough shape. The event was in May. We signed up in Feb. I started training...the last week in April. Not nearly enough time to do it right, but I made progress. In 3 weeks time, I was running farther and faster than I ever had before. We did the Mudder, despite being slightly terrified and clearly not as ready as we should have been. And it was awesome. Truely one of the coolest things I have ever done. It was hard...really hard. 11.5 miles, 28 obstacles, uneven up and down terrain, 87 degree heat. But I did it. I didn't run the whole thing...not even close. But I ran enough and I never stopped. I tried all obstacles but one, and that was because I watched a guy break his leg right before I was going to try it. My fiance told me he wouldn't have let me try it even if I wanted to after that. The feelings I had when I was done were pure triumph, total exaustion and a good dose of pride. There was a little bit of a let down the next day when I knew I wouldn't be experiencing anything like that again for a while.

After the Mudder, training stopped. I can blame it on all kinds of things...I am out of town 2 days every week. I play Ultimate 2 days a week. My fiance wants to golf whenever we have a few hours free. But the bottom line is, I am paying $60 a month for a gym membership that is going to waste...and I can really only blame myself.

So, here goes. I am going to make use of the gym. I am going to make better choices when it comes to food. I am going to do it for myself. And I am going to start today.

So far, so good.

Yesterday after work, I tried to convince my finace to hit the gym with me. He was too hungry to go right after work, so I got him some food and I went to the gym on my own to ensure that I made it. I got in 3 miles on the treadmill. It wasn't my best run, but it wasn't my worst. I like to mix it up while I am running. Sometimes I just run at a steady pace for 20 min or so. Sometimes I increase speed every minute. Sometimes I do 2 min of running and 2 min of walking, increasing my speed for each of the runs. Yesterday I did the increased speed every minute. After 10 min, I took a walk break, then went back to running, decreasing the speed every two min. I got a little lifting in as well. 3 sets of assisted pull-ups and 3 sets of assisted dips. Plus 2 min of wall sits. I felt pretty good afterwards. And the best part was when I left the gym, our heat wave finally broke 80 degrees never felt so good!

I did pretty well eating yesterday as well, even though I didn't start off very well. I saved it with a nice small (but plenty filling) dinner :)

Today has been a good day. My fiance and I went golfing this morning. Not super hard work, but it counts! Plus I golfed the best I have in weeks. He had plans for the rest of the day, so I got to spend a day on my own. I love my fiance, but I have to say, I also love my alone time. Sometimes it is so nice to spend a whole day on my own. I took a little nap, went to the gym (another 3 miles on the treadmill...steady pace for about 23 min, a 2 min walk and 4 min of faster running, plus a little weight training), stopped at Target and now, just relaxing. I was pretty angry about my lunch though. I stopped at McDonald's to get a salad and they didn't have the dressing I wanted. I made a different choice, but it wasn't the healthiest. I guess a light dinner is in order.

So, I am feeling better already. I love that sore feeling you get when you work out hard. I just want to make sure I keep it going.

Wish me luck to keep it up!

Good job! Good luck in keeping it up! :cool1:

Thanks!

Yesterday was, eh-OK. I didn't get to the gym, but we played 18 holes of golf. We carted it though. It was super hot out, so I probably sweat out some weight :upsidedow

Today I am planning to do a hard lifting work out. My DF wants to lift tonight and he always pushes me, so it should be good. I am on track for eating too. We finally went grocery shopping yesterday, so I can start brining my own meals to work, which saves me lots of calories...and money.

Tonight is book club for me. Usually we have really tasty, not very healthy food. Tonight though, our theme is "summer salads" so hopefully I can find something a little better to eat. I will have to save some calories for wine though.

Better get back to work...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter