• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I'm freaking out about February crowds!!

mcmac4

Earning My Ears
I have done my research for 2 months in order to plan the perfect DL trip for my family. This is our Do Over trip. We took our kids for the 1st time in Dec. 2004 the week of Christmas, and they had to shut the park down because it was too crowded. I don't have one picture of my kids with one character, because we had to choose between rides or characters - it was that crowded. My dilema is - February is supposed to be one of the better times to go with the exception of President's Weekend, so I booked a trip for Feb. 26-March 2 (even though it's going into March, I think I'm pretty safe from Spring Break crowds). Last month, I couldn't figure out why the hotels were pretty much booked for the week of our trip - I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get my Entertainment card discount at HOJO (because it's over 80 % capacity) - I discovered why............ there is a Religious Education Conference at the Anaheim Convention Center, and they are expecting 40,000 people!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the largest annual gathering of Roman Catholics! There is also a Youth Day planned! Do you think teenagers are going to go to their religious classes, or do you think they are going to skip and play at Disneyland!! Help!! I've ordered Ridemax, does that program know about this conference?

I felt guilty pulling my kids out for 3 days in order to avoid the crowds. Now I'm thinking, "What did I do?"

I never thought of checking the event calender of the Convention Center.

I looked at the website of the conference - they have a full itinerary, but I know people don't go to every meeting. And what about the spouses that are bringing their families to play at DL?

Has anyone ever experienced how this conference affects DL attendance and the lines?

Do AP's know about this conference, and avoid going to DL? Or do they brave the crowds and play at DL before Spring Break starts?

Thanks,

mcmac4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter