I'm finally in My Happy Place!

Ms. WDW

A DIS Veteran who just won't grow up!
Day 1 Sunday - After a long anticipated wait I'm finally in my happy place! I arrived in Orlando early Sunday morning and checked into BWV. I normally do not make any room requests, but did this time due to the hip replacement I had in April. I asked for a room close to the elevator, but instead I have a room almost to the end of the building! :rotfl2: If I wanted, they could have moved me Tuesday, but once I am settled I don't want to move. It's not bad, I take my time and so far so good. I have to laugh though, because when I made that request to MS I was told it "will be honored due to a medical reason".

OK...all checked in, and Amy from WeGo has delivered my groceries. Time for something to eat! Made my way to the Bakery and had a sandwich. Love the new look!

Lunch is over.....time for The Mandara Spa! I wanted a manicure and pedicure and didn't feel like going to SSR. Remember that the Dolphin had a spa. Well, let me just say Mary, at the Mandara, gave me a great Mani, and I highly recommend the Fire and Ice pedi! Almost fell asleep in the chair. Going back to see Mary for a facial Fri. If you are on their mailing lists you occasionally get coupons for"specials" and I have one for my facial!

Early dinner at Big River Grill which was good. Very crowded.... 2 conferences going on now and I swear they were all there for dinner!:rotfl: I had an early night. I didn't sleep at all the night before so I was beat. Slept great. Tomorrow.... The Magic Kingdom!:yay:

Up early and after a light breakfast I headed to the Magic Kingdom! It wasn't an Early morning but was quit crowded. Made my way to Buzz, then walked over to the new Fantasy Land. I will admit that I was a little bit tired so I will be back there later.

Sat and had some coffee then went to the Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain and Pirates. Very surprised to see many "tours". Don't remember seeing this many last year. Oppss..battery's dying on tablet! To be continued after I charge up! :thumbsup2

I asked for a room close to the elevator, but instead I have a room almost to the end of the building! :rotfl2:
:

Of course it is! ;)

I had one request for my renters BW view suite once. No second floor (balconies are often solid) -and voila - they had it, second floor! :lmao:

It's like magic. popcorn::

So happy you're there. Great on the manicure (I've never had one. :rotfl2:) I still can't believe that it's here already.

Of course it is! ;)

I had one request for my renters BW view suite once. No second floor (balconies are often solid) -and voila - they had it, second floor! :lmao:

It's like magic. popcorn::

So happy you're there. Great on the manicure (I've never had one. :rotfl2:) I still can't believe that it's here already.
I actually like the location. I just take my time. It's the 5th floor, and I can actually see the fireworks from the MK! Illumination's to my right and Wishes to the left. I had WDW whiplash last night! LOL

OK..all charged up. Got a few hours of the pool in and off to EPCOT for dinner at the Rose and Crown. Strolled around the WS and got a few ideas for when I do F&W. Grabbed a Margarita and headed back. Slept great!

Up early and grabbed an egg biscuit and coffee from the bakery. Then off to EPCOT for Early opening.

Walked into Test Track then over to Character Greeting. Have to get my pictures! No wait for Soarin, walked right on, then rode the boat for Living with the Land.

It's really humid and I just about had it with the heat. Whatever I missed I'll do later in the week.

Back to the pool and spent a good while there. Lots of water today and of course one itty bitty margarita!

Tonight.... Downtown! Dinner at Raglan Road:thumbsup2

Unfortunately my tablet died while in WDW so I was unable to continue my trip report. So here is the condensed version!! :rotfl:

Dinner at Raglan Road Tuesday evening was amazing. I do believe this has become one of my "must do" restaurants.

Wednesday: Went over to the Studios easrly and went directly over to Toy Story and I got on!!! Finally...I had never been on this ride. But since the park just opened I gave it a try and "voila" I got on! :thumbsup2 Loved it! Strolled over to the Movie Ride to cool off and after than walked to Tower of Terror. Still a favorite. Hit the gift shops then visited with a friend who works there then headed back to the resort. My afternoon was spent at the pool and the thought of "packing" did enter my head a little. My vacation is half over. :sad: Dinner was at La Hacienda and the tilapia never fails. Walked the WS and sampled some "desserts". Tried the Dessert Trio and the pistachio mousse was my favorite out of all three. A little further down I just had to have the Apple Strudel with Werther's Original Karamel and Vanilla Sauce. Heaven!

Thursday - went back into the MK for a last time and went on all my favorites again including Splash Mountain. Well we got stuck....the ride shut down. Fortunately for me, we were on "level" ground and if we had to be removed it wouldn't have been that bad. But after about 20 minutes the ride began, but I heard that it was closed down shortly after that. my one concern was getting out of the log. We where there so long I was afraid I'd "stiffen" up and get stuck!! Remember...I had a hip replaced in June and I was really "testing" it on this trip! :rotfl::rotfl: We all received Fast Passes good for 1 week within the MK for 1 ride. I took advantage of that pass on my way out and rode Space Mountain. I do believe my days of riding that ride are over. I was very dizzy afterwards and had to sit down for awhile. Oh well...I've been on that ride many times and have no regrets should I "retire" from it! ;)

Dinner was munching around the World that evening. Many wonderful dishes were sampled but these stood out as my favorites; Cheddar Cheese Soup from Canada, Kerrygold Cheese Selection: Reserve Cheddar, Dubliner with Irish Stout, Skellig from Ireland, Beef Empanadas from Argentina, Lettuce Wrap with Roast Pork and Kimchi Slaw from South Korea, and Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll from Germany. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire evening. Passing Belgium and had to have an ice coffee with Godiva....heavenly.

Friday - My last day...since I packed the night before I had the entire day to totally absorb all of the Boardwalk. Had breakfast at Cat Cora's...it was ok. Not a fan of the menu. Had the French Toast made with Fig and Anise bread. It would have been ok minus the compote of apples and figs. Oh well...can't love all the restaurants. Hit the pool then in the afternoon went to DTD for some last minute "things".

Then dinner....The Flying Fish . Now this was a first for me. In all the years of my staying at the BW I've never eaten there. My husband is not a fish/seafood lover. But I am. I had no reservation and this being a Friday meant no tables. But...the Chef's Counter was opened. It was amazing!!! I will always request the counter! I was seated directly in front of the "sauté station" and Andrew (Chef) was so friendly and he made this a very special dining experience. Watching him and the rest of the "crew" was an experience I'll not forget. I had Craig my server in hysterics. I said "any minute I expect to see Gordon Ramsey walk out, except there is NO yelling and NO cursing coming from that kitchen. And... the kitchen is running so smoothly!!" I had the Epcot Land Pavillion Sweet Bibb and Red Oak salad - Feta cheese, tiny tomatoes, watermelon relish, taggiasca olives, Epcot cucumber, red onions, artichoke and elephant garlic crisps, and a Meyer Lemon-dijon vinaigrette. To die for!! Then Oak-grilled Faroe Islands Salmon - Vero Beach red watercress, and a Zellwood Corn, snap pea, applewood smoked bacon, potato and cultivated mushroom hash with a rustic grain mustard-verjus vinaigrette. I was in love. Coffee was the perfect ending to this amazing meal. I'll drag my back with me next time now that I know there are "meat" options for him!! :goodvibes Strolled the BW and had an early night since I had to get up very early the next day to go home. :sad::sad:

Today - well here I am finishing up my report and reliving the wonderful time I had in WDW. Getting back to reality is never easy, but I'll be reading all of the other wonderful reports as I prepare for next year's trip!

So that's about it for now; thanks for joining me and may you all have a Magical Day!! pixiedust:

Wonderful! Flying Fish has always been a favorite of mine. I simply must plan a solo trip. They are the best. So glad you had an amazing time, my friend! On to planning the next one! :thumbsup2

Wonderful! Flying Fish has always been a favorite of mine. I simply must plan a solo trip. They are the best. So glad you had an amazing time, my friend! On to planning the next one! :thumbsup2

Well between you too I will have to save up for it. :thumbsup2

I've never been.

Thanks Linda. I never long for WDW, my trips are always enough. But I really am right now. So thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter