I'm doing it, I'm converting him!!!

Jakesmom504

DIS Veteran
So today is my birthday and I ordered MVMCP tix :santa:...not bday related but what better day to order them! :yay: :yay: :yay: So before ordering them I texted DH and wrote...Should I order the MVMCP tix now? Figuring he would be like WTH is that?? He writes back...WTH is MVMCP, like I should know you mean Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party?! Ok so he added a few choice words and I cleaned that up a bit but I told him I was converting him and he was like Yeah, Yeah! DH was the type that had a ball while we were in Disney but could care less any other time! He hates his job and last week says maybe we should just move to Florida and I can go be a Cast Member! He actually said Cast Member! What?? CM?? Who are you? I think I might just love him even more now! :love: :lmao:

I just dropped the bomb on DH that I wanted to start training for the Princess Half Marathon and go to WDW alone to do it. :rotfl2: We'll see..

And then yesterday I told him about the Christmas party and how it's a separate ticket and how we'll need to save up for that. He looks at me like, "What the heck?" I said, "We may only get to DW ONCE in our lives. ONCE!" I'm so dramatic. But, I'm ordering them when I get the chance for 2012.

That's awesome ... this gives me hope:rotfl2:

Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

My DH is not the biggest fan of Disney ( I just think it's because he's never been there) so everytime I get excited or mention our trip he just nods or barely pays attention. He is excited for the children's sake but that is about it. I promise though, by the end of our trip I'm going to have him wanting to live at WDW!!!:lmao:

Yay! Congrats for you!
I'm still working on mine. It's definitely slow progress, but I know it's working as he doesn't put up near the fight when I want to take *another* trip to Disney. He even starts to suggest hotels he wants to try out...or restaurants at the park...or rides he hasn't done yet. I'm always saying a little "YES!!" inside my head with a perfectly composed face on the outside ;).

My dh was not the biggest fan-he likes rides but he had been there done that.We had gone 3 years in a row starting the year before our wedding and then took a 5 year break till dd was 3.Now we have gone every year since and she just turned 10 and ds is 18 months and about to go on his 2nd trip.I just kept saying it was the only place with dd that was good.He used to feel like he needed a vacation after the vacation but then I told him I didn't mind going to the parks alone with dd(and now ds).He was able to stay back at the resort and relax,go on his laptop(he is an IT guy and designs web sites on the side but never gets a chance to work on his own)He likes to do that for fun:confused3We go together to each park usually 1 time and then I go with dd whenever it works for us.He either hangs with ds or I take him too.We go to meals together and still spend lots of other time at pool and such but he gets some down time too.He commutes 84 miles a day(about 3 hours total)We now stay at the Poly because the tropical feel is like being on an island.We go for 10-12 days and go at a slower pace and you know what-he now loves going to Disney:cool1:So I think that you need to find what would make it good for him to-does he want a slower pace,more downtime,maybe some alone time to golf or something.Or do like me and don't give a choice and eventually they get brainwashed into thinking they like it too and thats why we go there everyyear:rotfl2:

:goodvibes Congratulations!!! I'm working on mine still!:rotfl:

Thanks! :thumbsup2

I just dropped the bomb on DH that I wanted to start training for the Princess Half Marathon and go to WDW alone to do it. :rotfl2: We'll see..

And then yesterday I told him about the Christmas party and how it's a separate ticket and how we'll need to save up for that. He looks at me like, "What the heck?" I said, "We may only get to DW ONCE in our lives. ONCE!" I'm so dramatic. But, I'm ordering them when I get the chance for 2012.

OMG I can't even tell you how many times I played the drama card! :rolleyes:

That's awesome ... this gives me hope:rotfl2:

Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

Thank you so much...and good luck! :thumbsup2

My DH is not the biggest fan of Disney ( I just think it's because he's never been there) so everytime I get excited or mention our trip he just nods or barely pays attention. He is excited for the children's sake but that is about it. I promise though, by the end of our trip I'm going to have him wanting to live at WDW!!!:lmao:

Maybe he will feel differently after he sees the excitement on your kids faces! That was the highlight of our last trip! Good luck! :)

Yay! Congrats for you!
I'm still working on mine. It's definitely slow progress, but I know it's working as he doesn't put up near the fight when I want to take *another* trip to Disney. He even starts to suggest hotels he wants to try out...or restaurants at the park...or rides he hasn't done yet. I'm always saying a little "YES!!" inside my head with a perfectly composed face on the outside ;).

YES it's working!! :teeth: That's how DH was after our last trip too!

My dh was not the biggest fan-he likes rides but he had been there done that.We had gone 3 years in a row starting the year before our wedding and then took a 5 year break till dd was 3.Now we have gone every year since and she just turned 10 and ds is 18 months and about to go on his 2nd trip.I just kept saying it was the only place with dd that was good.He used to feel like he needed a vacation after the vacation but then I told him I didn't mind going to the parks alone with dd(and now ds).He was able to stay back at the resort and relax,go on his laptop(he is an IT guy and designs web sites on the side but never gets a chance to work on his own)He likes to do that for fun:confused3We go together to each park usually 1 time and then I go with dd whenever it works for us.He either hangs with ds or I take him too.We go to meals together and still spend lots of other time at pool and such but he gets some down time too.He commutes 84 miles a day(about 3 hours total)We now stay at the Poly because the tropical feel is like being on an island.We go for 10-12 days and go at a slower pace and you know what-he now loves going to Disney:cool1:So I think that you need to find what would make it good for him to-does he want a slower pace,more downtime,maybe some alone time to golf or something.Or do like me and don't give a choice and eventually they get brainwashed into thinking they like it too and thats why we go there everyyear:rotfl2:

How ironic...we just had this conversation last night about going down there and him being able to go golfing or fishing etc. but I like the brainwashing idea though! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter