i'm back - the traditional highs and lows

susannah365

Mouseketeer
got back late last night from our weekend (sat-mon) trip. will do full tr later but now for the highs and lows:

highs
eurostar out - had premier seats which had lots of space, were comfy and came with a great breakfast/lunch. and a lovely quiet carriage full of families like ours!
VIP premium fastpass - there were part of our prize. the price on them was E60 per person per day! but they were amazing! the park was really busy because of french and english school holidays so we did peter pan, buzz, star tours and flying carpets about 5 times a day each! they don't have a name on them, just a date so i would consider buying 2 for a day to share between 4 people? but still a lot of money!
mickey mouse in cafe mickey - again best character interaction of the visit.
breakfast at newport bay - so much more civilised than at cheyenne or santa fe (although i was glad i wasn't trying to make up sandwiches to take as i didn't see anyone doing this here, whereas most people were doing it in the cheyenne!)
new shows in the park - loved mickey's halloween treat in the street and the disney dance express - my dd loved being able to take part in the show.

lows
eurostar home - the scrum at check in was rediculous! what a horrible stressful way to end a holiday and for this reason i will never do eurostar again. also, had to put up with other families who had no control over themselves or their children. my kids are not angels but they were able to sit quietly playing i spy, jigsaws, card games or looking out the window all while whispering. the family in front had noisy computer games going and both adults and children shouting and making so much noise.
sunday bruch at the steakhouse - only saw 3 characters in 1.5 hours and they made no effort to interact with my kids at all. the food was also poor - ok if you liked seafood and very rare beef. kids choices limited to chips and chicken nuggets! puddings looked good but didn't taste great - my kids had strawberries!
halloween decorations - or should i say lack of them! i did like the mickey shaped pumpkins (and i really wish you could buy smaller versions in the shop - halloween merchandise was also rubbish!) but apart from around the bandstand area the park was not made up for halloween at all. we really missed the pumpin head men statues and there were not cobwebs etc at frontierland

i also think that we're now used to going for at least 5 days, which means you're not in such a rush all the time and it's more of a holiday - this was a bit manic!

it sounds like you had a busy but lovely trip :goodvibes.

Its such a shame so many visitors are coming back from DLP this October with such a poor impression of the Halloween decorations, I loved the pumpkin tree and the explosion of orange in Halloweenland in past years personally.

Welcome back, pleased you enjoyed most of your trip. Its funny you should mention that you like the Premier section on Eurostar, my friend's husband is a manager for them & many have been complaining since they changed it from a hot meal to what they serve now & now its not unlimited wine (small bottles) like it used to be.

Welcome back.

Sounds like a fab trip but on the topic of halloween decorations, the lack of them seems to be felt by alot of recently visitors. Its such a pity they scaled them back so much.

The Fastpasses sound like a great addition but like you I agree the price is a bit steep - good idea for crazy, busy days though.

Looking forward to reading all the details popcorn::

Welcome back, pleased you enjoyed most of your trip. Its funny you should mention that you like the Premier section on Eurostar, my friend's husband is a manager for them & many have been complaining since they changed it from a hot meal to what they serve now & now its not unlimited wine (small bottles) like it used to be.

we were on the 1030 from ashford so our food was rolls, croissants and pain au chocolat with hot chocolate. all great. were in standard seats on the way back so don't know what the evening food was like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter