I'm a little concerned about the JIYI update, should I be?

All Aboard

Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas
We heard rumor that it would reopen as "Figment's Journey Into Imagingation." The storyline was that we were trying to catch Figment, who had gotten loose in the Imagination Institute. Now I read that folks are hearing that the ride will remain the same for the most part and that Figment will just be gratuitously inserted here and there.

My first concern is that since it is "scheduled" to reopen in about 6 months, that seems an awfully short time to do a completely new attraction.

My second concern is that if it were a completely new attraction opening in just 6 months, wouldn't Disney be hyping it already?

Does anyone know for sure that anything is even happening in there right now?

Originally posted by gcurling
Now I read that folks are hearing that the ride will remain the same for the most part and that Figment will just be gratuitously inserted here and there

That sounds very similar to what I heard back in the summer, though I don't remember where originally (this board???). If true, it's a far too literal interpretation of the "bring back Figment" movement. I have no idea what's going on now, but I'll certainly be looking closely when I'm there next week.

I'm afraid a lot of people are going to be disappointed in almost any case. What were people really asking for when they requested WDW return Figment to the Imagination Pavilion? For some, it meant an attraction - any attraction, including JIYI - which actively included Figment. For others, they were asking for an all-new ride starring Figment (and by extension, many of them probably meant Dreamfinder too). Finally, another group probably thought they were asking for the original attraction to be restored, in part or completely.

That doesn't mean everyone shouldn't enjoy the new attraction in whatever form it emerges, just that everyone is not going to be satisfied. We all said to bring back Figment, but did we all mean the same thing?

While 6 months or so may not be enough time to completely redo the ride, I do believe that it is far too much time to just throw a littel Figment in here and there. I think that the larger parts of the attraction awhich have more to do with mechanics and less to do with content will stay the same. Some of these items would be the ride track and the...well...that would be about all. As for content, if they had an idea of what they are going to do before they started this project, I do not believe it would take that long given the same ride track, to develop a completely new experience. When I originally heard of trying to catch figment idea, I immediately thought of Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

If some type of interactivity were a part of any new attraction in the Imagination Pavilion, and if it was not done cheaply (while buzz is fun, it is pretty cheap and not very Disney imho), then that would be a great Imagination ride.

Either way, as long as the old ride is no longer there in its present form, all will be better...can it get much worse?

Panthius:confused:

One of the things that I liked seeing last week at WDW was the banner outside of the building - "Journey Into Imagingation" with Figment at the bottom. The "May scare small children" sign was gone too.

No - it won't be the origional, and Dream Finder is probably gone for good. Yes, it will probably use the JIYI track system (the old one has been dismantled, and the cars will remain red. But - "One Little Spark" will be back, Figment will be the star (and should be in every sceen, and hopefully the most horrable parts (the wind and loud noises and other parts) will be reworked into a story line that, once again, is fun and imagnative and doesn't insult one and all.

As for the "is adding Figment going to take longer" thing, you have to remeber that WDW litteraly decorates the whole park in less than 5 days for Christmas. From what I hear, a breafing room like in Test Track will be implimented and some sceans will be redone (up side down room will be the first one on the chooping block). Especialy since none of the current attraction meets the new ride idea.

Plus, Tony Baxter will be conducting it, so it should be OK (if I said it will be stupendious, I would jinks it and the ride will fail just like JIYI)

From what I hear some of the scenes will remain the same while some of the dreafully boring scenes will be torn, including the horrid wall of color.

one of the most talked about rumors on these boards that I can remember. Bottom line taking figment out for whatever reason was a BIG Mistake!!!

Bring back the purple guy we all love :D

Sorry but I actually enjoyed the version of JIYI that is playing right now.

Maybe it is because I am a big Monty Python fan and loved seeing Eric Idle participate in this attraction.

I just felt it was fun and a bit mind-bending at the same time.

Now, before anybody says that it is mind-bending in the same way that crack has that effect on you, I would add that THAT experience is reserved for "Superstar Lame-o" at DCA!!!

:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter