Illuminations Fireworks Cruise

happilyeverafterdw

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

Was hoping to get some input for any people that have done the Illuminations fireworks cruise. Is it worth it overall for 6 people? Planning on being there in July and one of our party members really enjoys the show and is a must do for her and it'll be our last time seeing it before it ends and is replaced with another show.

I did it last year. It was nice and relaxing.
Although I also did the FEA dessert party and the view of Illuminations was AMAZING.
If I were to pick one or the other I'd definitely pick the dessert party over the cruise.

My family loves the illuminations cruises. We have done it before and have another planned in two weeks. However, we don’t necessarily do them for the view of the fireworks. During the show you are under the bridge from the England to France. There are other places around the world showcase where you will find a view that is just as good or better. You may need to devote some time if there is a specific place you want to watch from but some places are available when the show starts. We do the cruises to see the fireworks but also because we love the boat ride before the show and relaxing while eating and drinking on the cruise. We have never had more than 6 people on the cruise and the value if there for us when we are celebrating something. Snacks and sodas are included in the price and additional food and drink is available for purchase.

I had an amazing time doing one in 2015 which I surprised my hubby with. Basically due to cost had found a post on here looking to split the cost. It worked out perfectly and turned out everyone going was celebrating an anniversary like us so it was extra special.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it again if you think its worth it especially with Illuminations going away soon. It was a great experience for all.

My family loves the illuminations cruises. We have done it before and have another planned in two weeks. However, we don’t necessarily do them for the view of the fireworks. During the show you are under the bridge from the England to France. There are other places around the world showcase where you will find a view that is just as good or better. You may need to devote some time if there is a specific place you want to watch from but some places are available when the show starts. We do the cruises to see the fireworks but also because we love the boat ride before the show and relaxing while eating and drinking on the cruise. We have never had more than 6 people on the cruise and the value if there for us when we are celebrating something. Snacks and sodas are included in the price and additional food and drink is available for purchase.

What kind of snacks were included? I am considering suprising DD19 with this for her bday coming up. We have a group of 9 so there will be good value as far as filling the boat.

What kind of snacks were included? I am considering suprising DD19 with this for her bday coming up. We have a group of 9 so there will be good value as far as filling the boat.
Just general things like crackers, pretzels and Oreos. Drinks are coke, Diet Coke and water, maybe sprite too.

It's become our big splurge each year with our adult kids (5 of us total). Besides snacks mentioned above, we've also had (prepackaged) chocolate chip cookies and rice krispie treats; also single serve bags of chips and popcorn. I think there were also a couple of other canned drink choices like Dr. Pepper and root beer. Boat driver invited us to take leftover items with us at the end of the evening.

I was going to ask what the etiquette was regarding leftover snacks. We have done one cruise before and it was just the two of us, I didn't think to take any with us! We are doing another one in September and bringing our little girl this time so we will have a big bag to hoard away some goodies if this is the done thing! or is it only if the Captain says so?

We did it. I don't think we'd do it again, mostly because of the cost. As stated earlier, the tour of the canal and the history prior to the fireworks is enjoyable. The wind was blowing in our direction and by the end of the fireworks, we were finding the soot was settling on the boat.

We did it this past summer with our family of 5. Had a fantastic boat captain, great view, and kids ( 14, 11 & 11 at the time ) loved the snacks and still talk about it. Made for a great evening and would definitely do it again. We stayed at BC so was really convenient at the end of the night as well. If you can swing the price I'd say go for it.

If it’s in your budget and you love IllumiNations, I’d say definitely go for it!
We’ve done it several times with family or other guests. It’s private (except for few other boats) and relaxing on the water with no worries about fighting the crowds for viewing the show. We, too, ate the snacks but were permitted to take all of the “leftovers.” Maybe have a tote or something with you to carry them. One time we did the birthday cruise which came with a banner and balloons, and I had ordered/paid for a cake from Yacht or Beach Club. We have definitely enjoyed it over the years.
Especially in light of the fact it’s your last time seeing IllumiNations, I’d say what a memorable send off!!

We did tip him for sure, but it’s been awhile and I don’t remember how much. Others who have gone recently may have a better recollection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter