• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Illuminations Cruise

mysunshine

Earning My Ears
This weekend I was finally able to transfer one of these most popular cruises (thank you Lauren!!). But I need some advice from the "experts". Right now we are scheduled to meet at the BoardWalk marina, but I think there is also the option of the Beach Club. Someone PLEASE tell me which would be best for me. We have a 5:40 PS at Whispering Canyon for that night and would leave for the cruise right after dinner. I know that we need to be at the marina at 8:00 - 8:15. Someone please advise! Thanks in advance!

mysunshine said:
This weekend I was finally able to transfer one of these most popular cruises (thank you Lauren!!). But I need some advice from the "experts". Right now we are scheduled to meet at the BoardWalk marina, but I think there is also the option of the Beach Club. Someone PLEASE tell me which would be best for me. We have a 5:40 PS at Whispering Canyon for that night and would leave for the cruise right after dinner. I know that we need to be at the marina at 8:00 - 8:15. Someone please advise! Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure you have an option. There are three boats that leave from the YC marina and one that leaves from the BW. If you reserved the one at the BW, that's where you need to go.

Crazy Hakim will correct me if I am wrong. He's the expert.

Ed

You will love the cruise. It was so nice and relaxing to watch the show from the boat. the captain of the boat was great taking us for a ride and talking about the various attractions. Good luck.

Keep what you have. Unless you're staying at BW/YC/BC in conceirge this is proably as good as it gets - you'll love it! :)

There are three boats that leave from the YC marina and one that leaves from the BW. If you reserved the one at the BW, that's where you need to go.

not exactly true. Certain conceirge managers have other boats available for bookings, even when wdw-play says nothing availbe, I know from personal experience and one on ones with concerige mgrs.

I have done the Illuminations Cruise twice and both times we left from the YC Marina. The first time I thought it was the BW Marina, but fortunately we checked it out the night before and were told it was really the YC Marina.

Also, how do you plan on getting there from the WL? If you are taking WDW you will have to take a bus to TTC and then hop the YC bus, so allow yourself some time.

dizneycc said:
I have done the Illuminations Cruise twice and both times we left from the YC Marina. The first time I thought it was the BW Marina, but fortunately we checked it out the night before and were told it was really the YC Marina.

Also, how do you plan on getting there from the WL? If you are taking WDW you will have to take a bus to TTC and then hop the YC bus, so allow yourself some time.

Last year from Boma (AKL) we took a bus from there to MGM And then the boat to the YC. We did allow a bit of time so we wouldn't be late. I think we ate at 5:00 to make sure we had enough time.

I'm jealous. I tried like heck to get a cruise for our May trip but couldn't get one :sad2: . Have fun.

I am not sure there is a difference really. Both hotels are next door to each other and the docks are about a 5 minute walk apart. I would be careful to allow enough time to get there though. Eating at 5:45 may be cutting it a bit close but I hate rushing so that may be just me! Maybe taking a cab would be the fastest way.

dizneycc said:

The WL bus doesn't go to the TTC anymore, it goes to the MK (just like all the other resort busses). There is no YC bus at the TTC.

Ed

DVCconvert said:
...not exactly true. Certain conceirge managers have other boats available for bookings, even when wdw-play says nothing availbe, I know from personal experience and one on ones with concerige mgrs.

Here is information from the main Illuminations Cruise thread posted on Feb 3 2005by Crazy Hakim.

There are a total of 6 boats.
ONE Pontoon Boat is dispatched from the BoardWalk Marina.
Breathless is dispatched from Bayside Marina (Yacht Club Resort).
THREE Pontoon Boats are dispatched from Bayside Marina (Yacht Club Resort)
This leaves ONE more pontoon boat, it too is dispatched from Bayside Marina, but it is set aside for Platinum Plan guests. When a guest is on the Platinum Plan, they are entitled to one Fireworks Cruise (Wishes or IllumiNations). The guests are booked until the limit of 10 ppl is reached. Some nights there are 10, some nights as few as two. IF there are no guests booked on this boat it is released as a regular cruise.

Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter