• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Illuminations cruise - food?

alien

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ordered food or drink for the Illuminations Cruise? Any information would be great such as what did you order, how did they present it, and if it worked out okay. Thanks!

We ordered Hot Chocolate from Yacht Club Private dinning in December. It was freezing that night, I think the temp was about 30. It was nice, they included marshmallows. It is pretty expensive. We did a birthday cruise last year and they had a cake, chips and sodas and water. I would call the Yacht Club private dinning and check out your options.

I was wondering the same thing. We have a cruise booked for next week and I was trying to decide if we needed food/drinks. What kind of options do you have and how soon do you need to call and reserve?

To be honest, I wouldn't have anything, unless you really really want it. We did several cruises last year, and while the cake was very yummy (well it was very amazing!) I don't know if having food would be worth the cost.

For 8 of us to get Hot Chocolate it was $30. I asked about getting a cake again. (did I mention that the cake was incredible?) the base price was $40, if I wanted the same cake we got on the birthday cruise it would have been close to $80. I called about 4 days before we went on the cruise. If you are going to order something I would call now. I don't have the number, but it is Yacht Club private dinning. IF you just wanted dessert, you may my to look into the birthday option which is $100 more, then you would get snacks, drinks and a cake.

Mysunshine, make sure you dress warm that evening, the boats have blankets, but when we went last May, it was cold and most of us had shorts on. And if you have room, share with someone. The family that we shared with in May, was wonderful. We even meet up with them at Christmas and shared another cruise with them! It was great. We still keep in touch.

Have a great time, we will be arriving next week also, we will be there Thursday morning! Can't wait! :Pinkbounc

Okay, ValerieK, how AMAZING was that cake!!!! It sounds VERY good! Please tell me all about it.
I'm still waiting to hear from concierge about getting the cruise. If we get it on the first choice, it will be the night we check into Disney. We're going to be at Universal for the first 3 nights and then transfer over to Disney. That transfer day, we'll be at Sea World. Since we don't know how long we'll be at Sea World and then settling into the Polynesian, I thought that if we didn't have time for dinner, we could eat something on the cruise - six of us. I know you have to plan this in advance, so wanted to see what our options might be.
Thanks for all of the info so far.
Cindy

We jsut bring our own food and drinks.. alot cheaper..

alien said:
Has anyone ordered food or drink for the Illuminations Cruise? Any information would be great such as what did you order, how did they present it, and if it worked out okay. Thanks!
We had an assortment of fruit, little desserts and appetizers. The people on the bridge above kept asking for us to throw them a pastry. The second time that we did the cruise, we passed on the food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter