Illuminations Cruise Central--SEPTEMBER

Our family is going to Disney Sept 22 - 27. If anyone can accomodate 2 adults and 2 small children (almost 3 and 1.5) please let me know date and cost. We're clean-cut non-smokers too! and also quite friendly

Thanks.

Nevermind...I have no idea what I was thinking. Sorry about that last post. I cancelled the cruise for September 30, not September 23.

Our family is going to Disney Sept 22 - 27. If anyone can accommodate 2 adults and 2 small children (almost 3 and 1.5) please let me know date and cost. We're clean-cut non-smokers too! and also quite friendly. Thanks.

FYI, there was 1 pontoon boat available last night. All you would have to do is pass by Bayside Marina during the day and ask. Last minute boats will not appear in the CRO system, and 407-WDW-PLAY will not be able to book them. You must stop by the marina for day of availability.

Looking for an Illuminations Cruise for Sept 2 - 13 for my sister and her husband.
Would be nice if someone wants to share BREATHLESS with them.
Im hoping its going to work because on my last visit we shared Illuminations and Wishes Cruise and we had a great time.

Staying at Villas at Wilderness Lodge on these dates.

We will be at least 2 adults, possibly 4 adults depending on the day. (we are there for 9 days and the other couple only 5 of the nine)

Looking for an Illuminations Cruise for Sept 2 - 13 for my sister and her husband.
Would be nice if someone wants to share BREATHLESS with them.
Im hoping its going to work because on my last visit we shared Illuminations and Wishes Cruise and we had a great time.
Staying at Villas at Wilderness Lodge on these dates.

FYI, Breathless is still down for extended rehab. As of today, there is not yet a return date available.

We are looking to join a cruise, two adults here. Let me know if you have any availablity during this time. We would be glad to join you.

Michael and Allison

If there is anyone interested on an 9/11 illuminations please PM me. I am staying at the Beach Club.

We were told by CRO to arrive at the dock at 8:15 PM which I thought was pretty late. I double checked that time just in case and they repeated the 8:15 PM arrival time. Since it was already dark out near 8:00 PM, we arrived at the dock at 8:00pm to hopefully leave early. Due to passing thunderstorms, we were told that we would have to wait until at least 8:30 PM before we know if we could get permission to board the ship.

Disney offered us to chance to cancel without penalty due to the storms and we quickly accepted. For the amount of money Disney is charging for this cruise is not worth it IMO compared to previous trips.

It was only a few years ago my family and I booked the same exact Illuminations cruise and thought it was great. The biggest difference from this year to then was the time that the ship left. It previously left with plenty of daylight to allowing us to visit the waterways around the Studios and the entire Boardwalk area before heading over to Epcot.

Even without this year's weather delay, Disney had us meeting at 8:15 PM, probably leaving around 8:25 PM, probably allowing for a 15 minutes cruise in the total dark before anchoring under the foot bridge in Epcot.

To drift a bit in the dark for a few minutes before parking to watch Illuminations is a rip off compared to the length of the cruise a few years ago. Save your $325.

CRO should be telling guests to arrive at 8PM (until 11/26 thru 12/30) when IllumiNations moves to 9:30pm. At 8PM the window opens for payment, all parties must check in and make the payment on site. Yes, a Credit Card Number is taken when the Cruise is reserved, but this is just to hold the boat and used in case of a no-show party. This credit card number is not available to the marina, so all guests must pay the night of the cruise (room charge, credit card, cash).
Once payment is made, all children 12 and under get life jackets and the cruise driver can depart whenever everybody is ready.
A leisurely cruise down to Hollywood Studios and around BoardWalk is the norm with an arrival at the viewing position by 8:50pm.
"Waste of Money"? - this is really a matter of opinion. You get an unobstructed view of IllumiNations, you do not need to use an entrance ticket to Epcot, you can fit up to 10 people on the boat, you do not have to stake out a place to watch the show, and upon completion, you are whisked away back to the dock.
I am sure many here who have done a cruise can also add some more Pro or Con on its value.

I just viewed 2006 photos of my first Illuminations cruise, and in one of the photos of Tower of Terror, there was still some light in the sky. If CRO wanted us to arrive and make our payment at 8:15, we would not leave until at least 8:30PM. Just my opinion, but it seems to be less of a value.

Our family was very pumped on going on the cruise this year, but when we saw that we only had a 20 minute (if that) window available to cruise before being in position for the 9:00 PM Illuminations fireworks, it just was not worth it.

Like I said, the window opens at 8pm. If you pay at 8pm, you will be all the way to Hollywood Studios by 8:30pm. Most guests who arrive at 8pm, depart shortly thereafter and have almost 70+ minutes on the cruise.

Again, Disney informed on two separate occasions to Arrive by 8:15, in which I presume the mean we would not leave any earlier then 8:15.

When I did arrive at 8:00 i was told on this evening I would have to wait to 8:30 before we could leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter