Illuminations Cruise Central--DECEMBER

SnackyStacky

DIS Veteran
Hi there

Anyone looking to share an Illuminations Cruise during DECEMBER? If you have reserved an Illuminations Cruise and are willing to share, please post your date here. Perhaps we can coordinate this and help each other out.

When you post your reply, use the subject box to tell whether you need space (and how many you need) on a cruise or if you have space available and include the dates. I think that might make it a little easier to coordinate a match.

Even with the new changes, you can still get an Illuminations Cruise

There have been some changes made in the Illuminations Cruises. First, they are no longer called Illuminations Cruises, all of the fireworks cruises at WDW are known as "Specialty Cruises" because they cannot guarantee that you will see Illuminations.

There are also daytime "Specialty" cruises. They are booked at two hour intervals beginning at 12 noon. In order to have a chance to see Illuminations, you will need to call 407-WDW-PLAY 90 days in advance and request the 8:00 PM cruise, telling them that you hope to see Illuminations (or the Magic Kingdom fireworks). They will then schedule your cruise for 1/2 hour prior to the beginning of Illuminations.

Why can't they guarantee that you will see Illuminations? These cruises last 45 minutes, only. If, for some reason, Illuminations is delayed, your boat will still return to the marina when 45 minutes have passed, whether or not Illuminations has finished.

So, who has a cruise to share in DECEMBER?

I'm doing my first solo trip between Dec.12 thru the 16th.

I would love to join a group. Please let me know if you have room. TIA

Hi there

Anyone looking to share an Illuminations Cruise during DECEMBER? If you have reserved an Illuminations Cruise and are willing to share, please post your date here. Perhaps we can coordinate this and help each other out.

When you post your reply, use the subject box to tell whether you need space (and how many you need) on a cruise or if you have space available and include the dates. I think that might make it a little easier to coordinate a match.

Even with the new changes, you can still get an Illuminations Cruise

There have been some changes made in the Illuminations Cruises. First, they are no longer called Illuminations Cruises, all of the fireworks cruises at WDW are known as "Specialty Cruises" because they cannot guarantee that you will see Illuminations.

There are also daytime "Specialty" cruises. They are booked at two hour intervals beginning at 12 noon. In order to have a chance to see Illuminations, you will need to call 407-WDW-PLAY 90 days in advance and request the 8:00 PM cruise, telling them that you hope to see Illuminations (or the Magic Kingdom fireworks). They will then schedule your cruise for 1/2 hour prior to the beginning of Illuminations.

Why can't they guarantee that you will see Illuminations? These cruises last 45 minutes, only. If, for some reason, Illuminations is delayed, your boat will still return to the marina when 45 minutes have passed, whether or not Illuminations has finished.

So, who has a cruise to share in DECEMBER?

OK.. I'm confused. If you can't book until 90 days in advance and its still over 200 days until December... wouldn't NO ONE have cruise reservations yet?

OK.. I'm confused. If you can't book until 90 days in advance and its still over 200 days until December... wouldn't NO ONE have cruise reservations yet?

You are right and it's too early to put ressies in for F/W cruise. I'm just getting a head start, here. Being alone, it would be awkward to get my own cruise; so, I'm just trying to share with fellow disboard members.

The boat can hold about 10 regular sized people. The cheapest rental is $250 per boat. A tip is expected to the captain. I would say the normal tip is about $40 per boat. You pay the full price whether you have a full capacity boat or not. This is why some people share. If you can't fill up your own boat and you don't mind sharing, you can cut costs down by sharing a boat with others.

These cruises are hard to come because there are only about 4 to 5 boats available for each night. The price has gone up for these cruises substantially over the last 5 years; so, it's been a little easier securing one, but it's still very popular.

I really enjoy the firework cruises. It beats standing around Epcot for the show.

You are right and it's too early to put ressies in for F/W cruise. I'm just getting a head start, here. Being alone, it would be awkward to get my own cruise; so, I'm just trying to share with fellow disboard members.

Thanks for the clarification.

Single rider here - I'd love to share with someone! My dates are December 11-17, and am wide open for scheduling.

princess:

Single rider here - I'd love to share with someone! My dates are December 11-17, and am wide open for scheduling.

princess:

Our dates are pretty close. Hopefully, we will get a kind individual that will be able to take us both.

My Wife and I will be at Disney from Dec 12 (arriving late at night) to Dec 21 (leaving that morning). We would love to be involved in sharing a cruise with a group or several groups of people.

If anyone is interested please let me know. It sounds like a fantastic time.

The boat can hold about 10 regular sized people. The cheapest rental is $250 per boat. A tip is expected to the captain. I would say the normal tip is about $40 per boat. You pay the full price whether you have a full capacity boat or not. This is why some people share. If you can't fill up your own boat and you don't mind sharing, you can cut costs down by sharing a boat with others.

These cruises are hard to come because there are only about 4 to 5 boats available for each night. The price has gone up for these cruises substantially over the last 5 years; so, it's been a little easier securing one, but it's still very popular.

I really enjoy the firework cruises. It beats standing around Epcot for the show.

The BEST Spot was on top of the roofs of some of the buildings. On my Advanced Internship with Disney, I got the chance to do that. It was AMAZING.

BTW, If people want to pre-pay I'll be happy to try and book the cruise when it comes down. COnversely, I'll pre-pay if someone wants to organize. Figure 8 people would be about $40 pp and 10 would be $30 pp which would include the tip.

We missed Illuminations on our Disney trip and I swore to myself that I would not miss them this time. LOL.
We are a family of 4. I would be interested in sharing a reservation with someone. I would like to do a boat of ten to keep the cost low. I would either join someone elses or reserve one and take people on if they are willing to prepay. I would think I would get a confirnation number that I could give to each guest who is coming on.

Myself, my husband and our two daughters will be down from December 6th thru the 13th and would love to share if someone has a reservation.

Please let me know if you find anything!!!

Thanks!:goodvibes

We will be on our Disneymoon Dec. 6 - 14 and really want to get a cruise.

I'll be there Nov 30-Dec 7 with DBF and would love some extra magic if someone can spare 2 spots on their cruise. One thing I am confused about is doesn't Illuminations for Dec start at 9:30? If so, when would you need to make the ressie time for?

I'll be in WDW Dec 1 - Dec 7 and would love to do this! It would be myself, husband and DD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter