Ignore button

I’m pretty sure that when you get the Oops, this users name is not available, it’s not because you were blocked, it’s because they’ve been banned.
Interesting! That actually makes sense now. Thank you!

Reactions: GAN
I've noticed that there's a poster that asks questions that the answers could be useful for identity theft, if put together.
Definitely suspicious.

So many questions about childhood, what’s around outside your house, parents, siblings, pets, school, age related, etc. It does seem like data gathering to confirm name to real person at actual location and stuff that may help gather security question info. Bad actors get/buy leak lists. Topics feel geared to take that to the next level. This community is unfortunately a good target between income levels and personal conversation.

^^ I agree and part of the reason I NEVER answer any of those questions. Even when a few of us have posted warnings on those threads that someone fishing for identity theft information could misuse their replies, they kept right on posting. So it also seems like there are some clueless participants here as well. Even if the OP has no ill intent and/or is naive about what can go wrong, someone else intending to misuse such data can certainly gain a lot of insight gathering up those replies.

I also wonder why someone would start so many daily nonsense threads and then never return to engage in any sort of conversation. Why start threads when you don't even seem to care what others reply regardless of how useless the original question seems to be?

^^ I agree and part of the reason I NEVER answer any of those questions. Even when a few of us have posted warnings on those threads that someone fishing for identity theft information could misuse their replies, they kept right on posting. So it also seems like there are some clueless participants here as well. Even if the OP has no ill intent and/or is naive about what can go wrong, someone else intending to misuse such data can certainly gain a lot of insight gathering up those replies.

I also wonder why someone would start so many daily nonsense threads and then never return to engage in any sort of conversation. Why start threads when you don't even seem to care what others reply regardless of how useless the original question seems to be?
Honestly, there should be a limit of how many threads one starts within a forum. Like two or three Max a day?

I think they do show if someone that you haven't blocked posts a Quote from that person you blocked. If they have been completely blocked from the entire forum, then they wouldn't be able to be quoted.

I think this thread has made me rethink posting on you-know-who's threads. It just never occurred to me to be suspicious. I just thought it was possibly a UK-based bot, or just a real person who was asking questions and not engaging...I can see now that this was a a naive way of thinking. I was enjoying seeing everyone's answers with really seeing the pattern. I remember when this person was posting under a different name, too. I think it's time to block this user, although it makes me sad because I enjoy the chit-chat.

New threads and others posts someone has made disappear if you put them on 'ignore'. However, there is a button on the bottom of the screen where you can temporarily unignore if you want to see what else is missing from a specific conversation.

The only people that I have on ignore are people who (in my opinion) spam the board with threads/comments in which I have no interest. Makes it quicker to read the boards.
I would love to ignore some of the spam (Dubai C@ll Girls, anyone). Unfortunately, I don’t know how to do it. I use an iPad so maybe it’s left off?

I would love to ignore some of the spam (Dubai C@ll Girls, anyone). Unfortunately, I don’t know how to do it. I use an iPad so maybe it’s left off?
The mods ban those posts as soon as they note them. The spammers choose a new login and come back, repeat. At this point I just scroll by.

I think they do show if someone that you haven't blocked posts a Quote from that person you blocked. If they have been completely blocked from the entire forum, then they wouldn't be able to be quoted.
No. You don't see the quoted text (you just see the reply) unless you click on "show ignored posters". In can make things a bit weird, actually.

I personally have never blocked anyone, even the most annoying. I will stop replying or just ignore it on my own without officially doing anything. I always felt that by using it, I was going to miss something important and it is just easier because I have no problem with just going on by even if at the moment I might get angered or bored with the attitude I might read it. Who knows, I might learn something.

Last edited:
I personally have never blocked anyone, even the most annoying. I will stop replying or just ignore it on my own without officially doing anything. I always felt that by using it, I was going to miss something important and it is just easier because I have no problem with just going on by even if at the moment I might get angered or board with the attitude I might read it. Who knows, I might learn something.
::yes:: Agree. I'm quite capable of ignoring something (or someone) the old-fashioned way, without a function to do it for me. There are posters currently active that I haven't engaged with for literally years and probably never will. Just because somebody quotes you, or heck, even sends a PM, doesn't mean you have to reply.

::yes:: Agree. I'm quite capable of ignoring something (or someone) the old-fashioned way, without a function to do it for me. There are posters currently active that I haven't engaged with for literally years and probably never will. Just because somebody quotes you, or heck, even sends a PM, doesn't mean you have to reply.
I just used it for the first time to avoid seeing post like “what was your first pet’s name?” I want real conversation to engage in.

You have to ignore by user so if it's the same one it's worth your time. Otherwise it's too many, so I just scroll past until the mods clean it up.
I reported a few one morning. It was more to notify the mods that the spammers had discovered the DisBoard. I noticed them for a couple days. Now not so much. So, good job, mods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter