If you've stayed at both BWV and BCV....

4luv2cdisney

DIS Veteran
Does the walk to HS from BCV feel a lot longer than from BWV?

Anybody know the exact difference in distance / approximate time difference?

Any BWV lovers have anything significant they don't like about BCV?

TIA from a BWV owner with a BCV trip planned!!

The walk does seem longer; I’m no sure if it’s actually much longer. We stayed there a few years ago since my DDIL wanted to try it. She liked the pool from when we were able to pool hop there. It’s much quieter there; I missed the hustle and bustle of our BWV.

If you are walking, I think it is quite bit longer, (15 - 20 minutes longer) especially if you stay in the BWV standard view or Community Hall areas. Here's one of Robo's maps that will give yu a better idea:

Last edited:

Exit BCV, head towards IG at EPCOT, jump on the Skyway and your at HS in less than 10 minutes total.

It takes longer than 10 minutes to get from EPCOT IG to DHS on the skyliner - more like 15 to 20, depending on how long it takes to transfer at CB. But it's a nice ride and I would go that way from BCV as long as there wasn't any threatening weather in the area. :)

We've gone to DHS from BWV on the Skyliner, even though it's faster to walk.

Last edited:
I have done both and it is definitely a lot longer. It’s one of the reasons my DH prefers BWV because it’s about half way between the two parks in terms of walking.

When we stayed at BCV, in the heat of summer, it was a horrible walk back to BCV from HS. He didn’t do the park again because of it.

Ugh.

I just switched from BWV P/G to BCV because it was something "new". (I had it waitlisted but stalking won.)

Now, deciding what to do is kind of killing me. lol

I had also set up a waitlist for BWV Standard. If it comes through, I'd prefer that for the point savings.

NEW QUESTION: I set the waitlist up to replace the BWV P/G (along with the BCV waitlist), but now it's a BCV reservation (I already deactivated the waitlist). Will they understand and replace the BCV with the BWV standard reservation if there's a match?

It's all so confusing.

Ugh.

I just switched from BWV P/G to BCV because it was something "new". (I had it waitlisted but stalking won.)

Now, deciding what to do is kind of killing me. lol

I had also set up a waitlist for BWV Standard. If it comes through, I'd prefer that for the point savings.

NEW QUESTION: I set the waitlist up to replace the BWV P/G (along with the BCV waitlist), but now it's a BCV reservation (I already deactivated the waitlist). Will they understand and replace the BCV with the BWV standard reservation if there's a match?

It's all so confusing.

As long as the BCV reservation was a modification of the original one, it will for sure. I’ve done it several times,

Stayed both - yes, BC is longer to HS but shorter to EP - however, to me, both resorts are walkable to both parks...If you’ve never stayed at BC, you might consider keeping that reservation as they can be difficult to book normally and this may be your best chance to experience the resort....and Storm Along Bay pool

Stayed both - yes, BC is longer to HS but shorter to EP - however, to me, both resorts are walkable to both parks...If you’ve never stayed at BC, you might consider keeping that reservation as they can be difficult to book normally and this may be your best chance to experience the resort....and Storm Along Bay pool

I know!

We have snagged a split stay @ BCV and CCV studios just a few months out and with very little effort during this crazy crazy time. Neither was our original plan, but I feel like it's a rare opportunity!

It’s longer, but honestly unless health is an issue it’s really no big deal. At worst it’s maybe 10 mins longer, but it’s also closer to Epcot. There are pros and cons between the resorts. BCV has storm along bay, and the rooms are nicer IMO after their remodel than BWV. BWV is slightly closer to DHS, but the rooms seem a little dated to us (we love BWV overall, but the rooms need a refresh IMO. I wouldn’t get super stressed about what choice you make, you will be fine at either resort.

Does the walk to HS from BCV feel a lot longer than from BWV?

Anybody know the exact difference in distance / approximate time difference?

Any BWV lovers have anything significant they don't like about BCV?

TIA from a BWV owner with a BCV trip planned!!
The walk to DHS from BCV seems longer cause it is. You have to pass BWV on the way, so it’s probably double the walk. With that said, I timed it to be an 18 minutes walk at a nice pace. Probably around a mile or just under.

It was!

Perfect! Thanks!

My family has just told me not to even bother telling them where we are staying until I'm sure I'm done changing things!! :rotfl:

Haha, this is so me! My husband said I make his head spin with how many times I change things up. It takes about 10 minutes to walk from the lobby area of the BCV to the lobby area of the BWV, at a normal pace, so that's how much longer it will take you to walk to HS. Not bad, in my opinion.

Exit BCV, head towards IG at EPCOT, jump on the Skyway and your at HS in less than 10 minutes total.
10 minutes! LOL nope.

we rode it in July with no wait anywhere. Total time was 17 minutes. It’s a great ride, we love The Skyliner, but it’s 17 minutes with no waiting. The switch at Caribbean Beach can get you too because there can’t be a huge line there. We went before they had reopened

I am a BWV owner who is also staying at BCV the next trip (Nov 28). When I saw it on the RAT, I snagged it up because we have had a tough time getting BCV. Stayed one Jan for 5 nights and then one F&W we managed to get it for 2 nights. We do like it a tad more than BWV but bought BWV for the point saving standard view. It is a longer walk to HS but super quick to Epcot. It has better parking and is a bit more quiet than BWV.

I am a BWV owner who is also staying at BCV the next trip (Nov 28). When I saw it on the RAT, I snagged it up because we have had a tough time getting BCV. Stayed one Jan for 5 nights and then one F&W we managed to get it for 2 nights. We do like it a tad more than BWV but bought BWV for the point saving standard view. It is a longer walk to HS but super quick to Epcot. It has better parking and is a bit more quiet than BWV.

Honestly, the Beach Club decor has always appealed to me more, but we aren't pool people (though we may float down the lazy river or sit beside the pool with a drink) and that seems the biggest draw. So, BWV being more evenly spaced between the 2 parks and saving about 5 points per night made BWV an easy choice, but I'm getting excited to try BCV!

To me, it looks like availability is crazy open across the board for so many dates and resorts. Everyone travelling should probably take advantage, because I have to believe it's going to be the exact opposite sometime soon. There has to be a ton of points built up in the system and we're all going to be lucky to get the room we want at our home resorts.

Honestly, the Beach Club decor has always appealed to me more, but we aren't pool people (though we may float down the lazy river or sit beside the pool with a drink) and that seems the biggest draw. So, BWV being more evenly spaced between the 2 parks and saving about 5 points per night made BWV an easy choice, but I'm getting excited to try BCV!

To me, it looks like availability is crazy open across the board for so many dates and resorts. Everyone travelling should probably take advantage, because I have to believe it's going to be the exact opposite sometime soon. There has to be a ton of points built up in the system and we're all going to be lucky to get the room we want at our home resorts.
We aren't pool people either. But might enjoy sitting at Hurricane Hannas. Love Beaches and Cream too. Enjoy doing late breakfast at Ale and Compass as well, even like dinner there too. Extended family loves Cape May. There are times I wish we had bought at BCV. It just is more us than BWV. But we can easily walk over that way from BWV and we can save points with the standard view. Just have to suck up the crappy parking there and deal with noisy rooms sometimes (and snippy front desk people sometimes). The walk to HS is nicer but we're Epcot people and being at BCV with that quick hop into Epcot is more appealing. Though...they removed my beloved jetted tubs from BCV in the last renos. They are still at BWV. But probably will be removed next reno there anyway.

I agree...book the tough places now while you can. I suspect that when a vaccine for Covid comes available then folks will begin travelling again and will have a TON of stored up DVC points to use. So ALL availability will be tough. Maybe starting around the holidays next year (2021). We want to go for F&W next year. It will be our 25th anniversary and we had planned a big fancy cruise but we are holding off on cruising until Feb 2022. So I am going to book a CCV cabin for our anniversary night with my small CCV contract. Then add the rest of the week at BWV. Going to get it locked up right at 11 months out. Would like more nights in a cabin so if at 7 months out it is available for the night before our anniversary, I will book it. But I suspect things will start to become booked up fast around then. I agree, if folks are willing and able to go the next few months...grab up those tough to book rooms now while you can. We even added 1 night coming up (to the 3 BCV nights) at VGF. Have never stayed there and have always wanted to try it (me not DH, he hates MK area).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter