• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If your child was an American Girl Fan.... When Did it end?

One daughter was 11 and the other 12. Honestly, I think they would have longer if they didn’t feel the pressure of other kids. They have kept everyone though and I think between the two of them they have 8-9 dolls. They started young and that is all they wanted every birthday, Christmas, etc... They would save all their money and buy accessories. My oldest daughter took hers and put them back in the original boxes with all of the outfits arranged neatly. She is now 21 and says that they will hopefully be played with by her daughters if she has them!

Edited to add: The big draw for my oldest was the books and the period dolls, different cultures, etc...She loves history, reading and clothing so they appealed to her in so many ways!

One daughter was 11 and the other 12. Honestly, I think they would have longer if they didn’t feel the pressure of other kids. They have kept everyone though and I think between the two of them they have 8-9 dolls. They started young and that is all they wanted every birthday, Christmas, etc... They would save all their money and buy accessories. My oldest daughter took hers and put them back in the original boxes with all of the outfits arranged neatly. She is now 21 and says that they will hopefully be played with by her daughters if she has them!

Edited to add: The big draw for my oldest was the books and the period dolls, different cultures, etc...She loves history, reading and clothing so they appealed to her in so many ways!
That was me too. My mom bought me the book "Meet Samantha", and I have been hooked ever since.

I didn't get mine until I was 12 too. I wish I had the space to display my doll. I probably played with her the first year I had her. then I stopped around 13. I did continue to dress her up for seasons until I was about 15.

My childhood collection was from ages 12-16. I played with her some the first couple years. Then I mostly changed her clothes and did her hair.

My girls LOVED their American Girls dolls, and they probably played with them until 11-12. However, they both have them carefully packed up (with their clothes and accessories) in little wooden boxes. They would not get rid of their dolls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter