If your budget was...where would you stay?

Sorry didn't read all the posts....for me would have to be Poly Bungalow

As long as you didn't book a Royal Room at POR, you would not have to deal with any of that. Check out pictures of the standard rooms.

Yeah, like I said, for our first trip I just wanted to go with a resort that I knew for sure the hubby could handle. If (let's be real....WHEN) we go back, we will consider POR. We did really enjoy CSR tho. Housekeeping was really great....even when my son got sick at 12:30am and we needed them to bring new bedding for us. They even offered to re-make the bed for us. We thanked them and said we could do that ourselves. Everyone there was just phenomenal.

I think the availability of choices rooms/resorts also depends on your situation and how many nights you will be staying and thus could greatly impact the responses you may get. The information below is accounting for NO discounts (as they are not necessarily guaranteed and for budgeting reasons I did not want to count on getting discounts) and not even looking at renting DVC points.

We have 5 adults going on our next trip...last time I checked for Sep 16-25th 2016 (to get a base rate since our trip won't be until Sep 2017) two separate rooms (even paying the upcharge for the 3rd adult in one of the rooms) at All-Star Movies was less than getting a suite at All-Star Music (by about $30 per night). Just a note we are well aware of what All-Star Movies gets and doesn't get us.

Even though I'm going with my in-laws I'm not going to have lesser accomodations just because they are my elders (and we usually do let them have the better accommodations but this trip since we are splitting everything completely even it doesn't make sense).

In this I mean a suite would mean my husband and I sharing a double bed-which we don't really have a huge issue with;it's not ideal but we would deal with it (we've shared an extra long twin before..while not the most comfortable it's doable) in a pull out bed in the living room with my sister-in-law in a pull-out twin bed also in the living room but my in-laws in a queen in a room with a door..yeah that is just not fair for any of us. Any two bed-room suites would leave the sister-in-law still out in the open.

We also cannot all share one room due to the in-laws snoring like crazy lol..literally tried it one vacation and couldn't get any sort of rest the entire time even with ear plugs and it would also leave the sister-in-law on a pull out bed rather than the queen sized-beds if we were going to try and do a moderate. Even though it still is slightly unfair for us 3 adults to share the one room it's the best solution with what's available in room types.

Currently just for the resort rooms including tax is a total of $2560.58 which comes out to $512.12 per person total for the entire stay (this is around $120/night in the 2 person room and $130/night in the 3 person room and ends up at $250/per night and is actually over the budget of the OP due to our situation). Now that $512.12 per person to us is quite a decent chunk of money. If I plug in numbers for PORFQ as an example it ends up being $367.27 MORE per person..yipes that's $879.39 per person for just the resort stay.

Now I may be able to get a good enough discount when the time comes that may allow me to "upgrade" from a All-Star movies to a moderate but with the rising costs of the resort rooms it's doubtful that we would really be able to afford it.

I've seen pictures of their rooms and see that they have pictures from movies on the walls above the beds. We were going on our first trip and I knew my hubby would tolerate Disney, but I wanted to make sure that the resort we stayed at didn't have Disney everywhere we looked. I realize to alot of people, POR is not Disney in your face, and compared to other resorts, it's not. But to be in a room with a large movie scene on the headboard or pictures on the wall was not going to work. That is why we chose CSR. It would give my hubby a much needed break from all things Disney if he needed it. Now that we've done Disney once and I know hubby enjoyed it, we would try POR and I think it would be just fine. We are just a family that likes to give our senses a break.
Oh! That must be the Royal Rooms! It's only 2 buildings out of the entire resort. 2 of the moderates, POR & CBR have a couple of buildings with themed rooms. They are an up charge, and have to be booked as such.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter