• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

if you won the Disney Flip Side Contest

Deluxe would be GF TPV or Poly
Mod Cabins at FW or Royal room at PO
Value would be a family suite cars or lion king room.

Just FYI... we won the Family Time Resolution sweepstakes last year and they gave us a list of all of the deluxe resorts and had us number our preferences from 1-7 (GF, Contemp., Poly, WL, BC, YC, & Boardwalk). We ended up getting our first choice (GF)!

That's what I'm talking about!! :cool1:

Just FYI... we won the Family Time Resolution sweepstakes last year and they gave us a list of all of the deluxe resorts and had us number our preferences from 1-7 (GF, Contemp., Poly, WL, BC, YC, & Boardwalk). We ended up getting our first choice (GF)!

What all did you win?

This is fun to think about :)
1. BC, maybe? The pool looks awesome.
2. POR or CBR
3. AOA

Hmmm.

Since you get the night at Cinderella's Castle, I don't think I'd pick one of the MK resorts. We've stayed at AKV twice in the past year, so I think I'd go with YC/BC. My DDs and I did two nights there in September and loved it so much. SAB was amazing. I'd love to do three more nights there. I'd also be interested in trying BW.

Do you think the castle stay will be at the beginning or the end of the trip? I don't know what I'd prefer.

If it were at the beginning, it would kind of be a let-down to go to a "regular" hotel. But if it were at the end, I'd worry that I would hurry through the trip because I'd be so excited to get to the castle. I guess I'd vote for the end. Build anticipation. What a great problem to have!

My top three choices would be:

1) Poly
2) Contemporary
3) Grand Floridian

#2 and #3 are based on my other family members' desires to stay in those resorts. I would love to stay at the Poly one time. We've never stayed anywhere but value so anything above that would be awesome, though.

Snowy day obsessive Disney thinking.

Deluxe - GF or CR (Poly would be #3 only because we have hopes to go there in a few years and I don't know I would ever stay a week at the other two because of the expense.)

Mod - POR, YC (I did a solo trip at POR and loved it but would like to check out Boardwalk area)

Value - Open to any cause I've only stayed at POP

I think the harder decision for me is the time of year I would go.
I don't want a storm to mess up my leaving for vacation.

My first choice would definitely be the Poly, and I'd try to do our trip after all the construction was done :goodvibes . We've stayed at the BW a couple times so, while we love the EPCOT resorts, a monorail resort would be new to us. The Contemporary really doesn't do it for me; so my 2nd choice would be the GF :thumbsup2

My top 3choices would be GF, Poly, and Fort Wilderness. If we had to choose a moderate I would pick POR.

My first choice would be GF because we'd never get to stay there otherwise. BUT we would have to buy an additional room for each "free" night due to the size of our party (including the night in the castle since it only sleeps 6...I figure hubby and the youngest would be left out). This is on top of extra park tickets, food and paying for any extra days (because four is just not enough). For these reasons, we would probably have to do someplace cheaper like CR or WL (but I'm not complaining, both would still be great) for the "free" portion and then move to a value for the extra nights (hopefully with a discount).

If I had my choice it would be the Contemporary, Animal View room at AK or the GF. All are out my financial reach, but I love to dream....

I like this! My choices would be Beach Club or GF. Only way I'd probably get to stay in a Deluxe :)

I would love to stay in either Yacht or Beach Club, after the BC return is finished, so that would also be during Food & Wine Festival! I also really want to stay in the Poly. IF, and that's a big if, I won, I would really like to pick one and extend the stay with the 40-50% discount they give to the winners to stay in the other! A girl can dream!

I haven't even let myself consider the Deluxe Resorts, since I can't afford them, lol. I love Port Orleans for a moderate, and definately AoA for a value!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter