If you were traveling with a group who has only been to WDW a couple of times, where would you take them?

Going on a girl’s trip soon (all late 20s, no kids). I have been on many Disney trips and have gone to so many restaurants, so I have my favorites. But I’m curious where you would take (basically) a newbie?

Looking for suggestions at Disney Springs, all 4 parks, and resorts.

At DS went to The Edison with a couple people. We only had pre-dinner drinks at the bar which was a cool atmosphere. We had so much fun we went 2 nights in a row lol

If I was planning a girls trip with WDW newbies, I would try to get ADRs for California Grill to eat dinner and later watch fireworks, Yak and Yeti in AK for lunch (or, depending on time and budget, I would do Savor the Savannah in AK for early dinner), San Angel Inn in EPCOT for dinner and then watch Fireworks from front of the house (best views), and lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby in HS. If you want to eat at MK, then I’d choose Skipper Canteen for fun and more interesting food than most of MK.

We’re we’re there over Labor Day for a week - 5 adults.

Wine Bar George - everything there is phenomenal- food, drinks, staff. We tried many food offerings, all fantastic and would especially recommend the skirt steak (chimichurri sauce on the side), the hummus, and burrata. They are in the running for best wine bar in the country.

Steakhouse 71- dinner. Last minute decision and did not disappoint. Vegetable Wellington is by far the TOP non-meat dish on property. Holy cow!!! Everyone else got the filet and all sat it blows away the filet at CA Grill. Not even close.

Via Napoli is always a favorite and we never miss a chance to dine there. Margarita pizza, house salad, and a pitcher of sangria makes for a perfect evening in Epcot.

Early entry into EPCOT, head to Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie for breakfast. Line might appear long but moves very quickly. Everything is fantastic- can’t go wrong. Head down to the water and it’s a beautiful quiet morning!!!

We stayed at the Poly and frequented Tambu Lounge, Tiki Terrace and Trader Sams. Always fun! (Ohana noodles, wings, potstickers, and bread pudding can all be ordered from Tambu lounge beginning 4 PM)

When we return these are the only restaurants we will repeat.

Have fun!!!!☺️ 🍹 🌺

Topolinos, Wine Bar George, Hanger Bar and Jellyrolls.

Enchanted Rose (and do some shopping at Basin, maybe pop by the spa). Space 220 for the theming and awesome gimmickiness of it all. Trattoria al Forno to soak in the Boardwalk and check out the entertainment. Plus love me some Italian carbs.

If I was planning a girls trip with WDW newbies, I would try to get ADRs for California Grill to eat dinner and later watch fireworks, Yak and Yeti in AK for lunch (or, depending on time and budget, I would do Savor the Savannah in AK for early dinner), San Angel Inn in EPCOT for dinner and then watch Fireworks from front of the house (best views), and lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby in HS. If you want to eat at MK, then I’d choose Skipper Canteen for fun and more interesting food than most of MK.
what do you mean front of the house best views for San Angel? Isnt that inside Mex pavillion?

“Front of the house” at EPCOT means the outdoor area from the edge of Mexico to the edge of Canada. Easy walk from San Angel to get a spot in that area. Sorry for any confusion.

“Front of the house” at EPCOT means the outdoor area from the edge of Mexico to the edge of Canada. Easy walk from San Angel to get a spot in that area. Sorry for any confusion.
Got it! The reason I questioned is because I seem to remember a lonnng time ago that San Angel had a private patio something or other that could be accessed with dinner. ;)

I was wondering too, only because I've never been so I wanted to know. We have a reservation at San Angel at 7pm, would that be good timing to watch Harmonious after?

I was wondering too, only because I've never been so I wanted to know. We have a reservation at San Angel at 7pm, would that be good timing to watch Harmonious after?
There is also La Hacienda San Angel that is on the water with a view from inside if your seating is right

There is also La Hacienda San Angel that is on the water with a view from inside if your seating is right
I like the looks of San Angel better, and especially that it's touted as being the only restaurant in WDW that even comes a little close in comparison with my favorite, the Blue Bayou in Disneyland. So i'd keep San Angel but can maybe adjust the dinner time so as we end dinner we can step outside and find a spot for Harmonious.

Harmonious is at 9:00 currently. My guess is you’ll be finished with dinner by 8:00, so that gives a lot of time to scout out a location. I think the area between the shop (can’t remember the name) and the edge of Canada offers some of the best views of the projections on the “tacos”. Have a wonderful time!

GF Cafe! It's cozy with a light-bright decor that's cheery.

Service is good, food really tasty. The heirloom apple salad is deeeelish.

And there are shops-plural in the GF rather than one measly gift shop as in other resorts. I actually prefer the Basin White shop to Basin in DS, though mostly because it carries the GF-exclusive scents I like.

That'd be a wonderful choice for Dis-ladies who lunch, IMO. :)

I love a dinner at Ohana but that could be for more sentimental reasons but I just love kicking off my vacation there and then seeing the fireworks at MK.

Another vote for Via Napoli - we went in May and the A/C was so nice but the pizza is fantastic.

For a group of adults?

An hour or two having drinks and appetizers at Baseline Taphouse...

Followed by dinner at either SciFi or Mama Melrose.

After 2 or 3 drinks at Baseline, both restaurants are a hoot!

And after 3 or 4 drinks, the food at both tastes great!

SciFi is a tough ADR to get but MM is one of the easiest. Both are a short walk from Baseline Taphouse, and there's plenty of bathrooms nearby so you can make room for more drinks! ;)

1663969573303.png

1663969602337.png

1663969617341.png

1663969662630.png

1663970015022.png

1663970153383.png

1663970424418.png

1663970343062.png

For a group of adults?

An hour or two having drinks and appetizers at Baseline Taphouse...

Followed by dinner at either SciFi or Mama Melrose.

After 2 or 3 drinks at Baseline, both restaurants are a hoot!

And after 3 or 4 drinks, the food at both tastes great!

SciFi is a tough ADR to get but MM is one of the easiest. Both are a short walk from Baseline Taphouse, and there's plenty of bathrooms nearby so you can make room for more drinks! ;)

View attachment 704584

View attachment 704586

View attachment 704587

View attachment 704588

View attachment 704595

View attachment 704596

View attachment 704600

View attachment 704599
I absolutely love Sci-Fi, but sadly they took away my favorite thing on the menu. :sad:

Unlike a PP, I do not think you will get out until at least 8:30. We rarely fine that a TS meal takes less than 90 minutes, unless you already know what you want, do not get an appetizer, ask for the bill early and eat fast, and none of that sounds enjoyable. JMO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter