• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you were to skip 1 park with a 38" toddler which would it be

Brittney Cornwell

Mouseketeer
We are planning 4 park days. It is our first time as DL regulars and I am trying to learn as much as I can prior to visiting. We are taking our 38" toddler. I am debating doing 3 of the parks and 2 days at MK or doing 1 park each day and do all 4. We like thrill rides too that our toddler might not be able to go on and wouldn't mind doing rider swap sometimes although I would say should be mostly toddler centric. Would you skip a park for two MK days and which one? Thanks for all the help! I have learned so much from you all already!

I would skip Epcot. There is less a toddler might be interested in there versus the other 3 parks. I would plan 2 days at MK. For our December trip, we’ve planned 3 MK days for our granddaughter age 4.

Much as it pains me to say this, without being able to park hop, and with a preschooler/toddler, I would probably skip Epcot and go for 2 days at MK and a day each at the other 2. I have always loved Epcot, but it's a bit of a mess right now and I think the other parks have a better variety of things for the young one to enjoy.

Another vote to skip Epcot. We just got back with our kids (4 & 6) and they were pretty bored at Epcot, so I'd think it'd be even more so with a toddler. We did two days at MK and there is so much more to do there for little ones.

I agree with everyone above. The height thing doesn't come into play all that much. A couple rides at DHS that your little one can't do but it's still can't-miss!

If you could park-hop (and depending on where you're staying) splitting that second MK day with Epcot would be perfect. But since that isn't an option, I'd opt for a second MK day.

I would say skip Hollywood Studios. As a DL regular, you should have already experienced Galaxy’s Edge, star tours, tower of terror, toy story mania, alien swirling saucers (same as Maters jamboree). This leaves slinky dog, rocking roller coaster, and runaway railway. For toddlers, there is only Alien swirling saucers, runaway railway, and muppets. Most of the under 5yo attractions are gone from that park.

Epcot is great for kids and great for you if you’ve never been. One thing people don’t realize with kids is that at the exit of a lot of rides in Epcot, there are lots of games and interactive activities that young kids enjoy more than the rides. Test track, spaceship earth, Nemo, Figment. My kids absolutely love them. There is so much more for toddlers in Epcot than in HW studios.

If your trip is for you, the adults, then yes HW studios. If you want your young child to enjoy themself as much as you, then Epcot.

I would say skip Hollywood Studios. As a DL regular, you should have already experienced Galaxy’s Edge, star tours, tower of terror, toy story mania, alien swirling saucers (same as Maters jamboree). This leaves slinky dog, rocking roller coaster, and runaway railway. For toddlers, there is only Alien swirling saucers, runaway railway, and muppets. Most of the under 5yo attractions are gone from that park.

Epcot is great for kids and great for you if you’ve never been. One thing people don’t realize with kids is that at the exit of a lot of rides in Epcot, there are lots of games and interactive activities that young kids enjoy more than the rides. Test track, spaceship earth, Nemo, Figment. My kids absolutely love them. There is so much more for toddlers in Epcot than in HW studios.

If your trip is for you, the adults, then yes HW studios. If you want your young child to enjoy themself as much as you, then Epcot.
I agree with all this. Skip HS. It is really limited amount of attractions in general, but especially for under 5 crowd so it just feels like a wasted day (unless you have a HUGE toy story fan I guess).

If you’ve never been to EPCOT, then I’d hate for y’all to miss out (even with all the construction and lack of international cast members). Our kids LOVE Nemo, Frozen, Living with the Land, watching the trains in Germany, the waterfall in Canada, Soarin(but I think that is 40”) and shopping in the big Japan store. Test track and Mission Space pavilions are good to explore even if not tall enough to ride. And we always end up spending like an hour in The Seas pavilion too. If your kiddo will take a stroller nap, then it’s nice to push them through World Showcase and stop to enjoy food/drink once they’ve fallen asleep

If you're a DL regular, I'd skip HS as there's a lot of overlap between HS/DL. Doubly so if your trip dates concides with an Epcot festival.

Another thought is to book a day at each park, with MK being on the first day. That way, if you don't see everything you want at MK, you can change one of the other park days to MK. Or, if you do see everything at MK, you can then go to the 4th park.

Epcot has so much for little kids- Figment, Frozen, Nemo (with an amazing aquarium), The Caballeros boat ride, Living With The Land, Spaceship Earth, and a scavenger hunt around world showcase. HS has so much overlap like other have said, you need to go and experience Epcot!

Depends what they like.
I would skip either EPCOT or HS.
If the shows remain closed, there isn't much for a child that age to do in HS.
EPCOT has slightly more with the Living Seas, Journey into Imagination.

I would skip HS too. At Epcot there is the aquarium for him to see the fish, there is the kidcot stations where he can color, there are more rides he can do there

Thank you everyone for your answers!! I am so stuck whether to only do 1 day of MK, or skip either HS or Epcot. I think we will go to MK and have the other 3 parks scheduled and then see if we want to skip one for another day of MK. We could also do all 4 and then a few more hours of MK before we fly out. Decisions, decisions. I am sure we will enjoy whatever we end up doing.

Don't know when your trip is, but when we went in late October most of the interactive stuff (at Epcot ride exits, also Winnie the Pooh queue and Dumbo) was covered up or roped off so they didn't have zillions of people touching it. At AK there were lots of cast members at tables along the walkways talking about animal stuff (with minimal or no touching).

Just got back and my toddler is over '38 and below '40.

She obviously had tons to do at MK.

At AK (the rapids were her favorite) and enjoyed the animals a ton & the dino ride a bunch. She also loved the safari. Plus we did everything (some multiple times) and were walking out of the park by 2. We went home and napped and then had a blast at the pool.

At Epcot she basically rode Frozen, rode Mexico ride 3 times in a row, and rode Nemo multiple times. She loved the aquarium part and Living with the Land kept her attention for the most part.

At HS she rode Slinky Dog (was okay with it), loved TS Mania and AlienSS.

It would either be HS or Epcot if we had to skip one.

I agree with the posters saying how fun Epcot can be for young kids. Watching the trains in Germany, the Seas, the Land, 3 Cabelleros boat ride, Spaceship Earth (if they aren't afraid of the dark...both my kids went through a stage where they hated that ride). We started taking my kids to Epcot around age 1, but my oldest didn't go to HS until his 4th birthday (39.5 in tall at the time). 38 in can also ride Slinky Dog and Smuggler's Run. My 4 year old liked Slinky and Alien Swirling Saucers, but got scared on Smugglers Run. Meanwhile, I felt like there wasn't much for my 1 year old to do there, and preferred Epcot for 1 year olds. So I guess it depends on age as well as height.

My soon to be six year old son’s favorite park is Epcot. The first time he went he was like 32”. We’ve been twice since. However this was back when they had character meet and greets and we were able to do a good mix of a few rides, characters, and a sit down meal or two. He likes Germany with the dancing but there’s no dancing now, just music. We also make this a half day park to sleep in and go to bed early too. We are going Again soon and He begged for us to do two park days at Epcot and I had to say no, just one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter