If you were to choose, WHICH view is worth the points? BLT theme park or Boardwalk?

3kidz4dis

DIS Veteran
We have some extra points to upgrade from standard...which resort is worth the points?

I think it depends on your favorite park. MK go BLT or EP go BWV. I just stayed at both last month and had no issues at either. I enjoy sliding into EP for a Guinness at the Rose and Crown and wander WS so it would be BWV for me in this scenario. But, if watching HEA from your balcony is on your bucket list, I could go that direction too. For me every time you go to an elevator at BLT you get a TPV, so I don't see a need to spend points that way for my room. Lake View all the way for our family at BLT.

I think it depends on your favorite park. MK go BLT or EP go BWV. I just stayed at both last month and had no issues at either. I enjoy sliding into EP for a Guinness at the Rose and Crown and wander WS so it would be BWV for me in this scenario. But, if watching HEA from your balcony is on your bucket list, I could go that direction too. For me every time you go to an elevator at BLT you get a TPV, so I don't see a need to spend points that way for my room. Lake View all the way for our family at BLT.
Yeh but you can’t sit in your pyjamas with a glass of wine in the elevator…

In general I'd say the view is better from BLT. But if you can get a Boardwalk view room that is down towards the end (near Swan) you can get a nice view of the fireworks at night.

I should have mentioned that we would be doing a split stay...so 4 nights at BVW in a 2 bedroom and 4 nights at BLT in a 1 bedroom. I don't have enough points to do Boardview View and Theme Park view. One of the stays would have to be standard.

I should have mentioned that we would be doing a split stay...so 4 nights at BVW in a 2 bedroom and 4 nights at BLT in a 1 bedroom. I don't have enough points to do Boardview View and Theme Park view. One of the stays would have to be standard.

I assume you are going to try and change at 7 months? I think both might be tough but I think BLT would be the easier one since it’s a 1 bedroom.

I prefer thr BLT one anyway!

I assume you are going to try and change at 7 months? I think both might be tough but I think BLT would be the easier one since it’s a 1 bedroom.

I prefer thr BLT one anyway!
Yes...we are at 7 months today and was only successful at a waitlist

In that case, I'd go with TPV at BLT. I just did a Boardwalk view and found it pretty overrated. We were right over the preview room and the Jellyrolls traffic at close was a little much. Otherwise, the view was cool, but not worth the stress of trying to get the BW view room . I like the Pool/Garden views better at BWV and it is the same point cost for BW and Pool/Garden view anyway.

For me, definitely Boardwalk. I like the views from BLT but I don't consider the TPV great since you do get views of the parking area so I would take points away for that. Boardwalk view is not just a great view but it seems more intimate and I get to indulge in a lot of people watching, not to mention bird watching. It's particularly serene early in the morning and also rather lovely later in the evening.

Last edited:
Personal View is that BWV boardwalk view rooms provide the best view of all resorts at WDW, looking out over the lake at YC/BC, Spaceship Earth in the distance, watching the activity on the boardwalk and lake, seeing the upper level Epcot fireworks at night, and from a balcony, the upper level MK fireworks in the distance.

BLT theme park is also very good ... maybe. The problem is that you need a higher floor (7 or above) to have the good views, and theme park view rooms are as low as the fifth floor (and some have mentioned being stuck on the fourth floor), and from those lower floors the main view, for which you paid all those extra points for, is of a large parking lot and the monorail track. Thus, if you get theme park view, make a request for higher floor.

Unless you managed to snag it right at 7 months, I think either Standard view or BoardWalk View at BW is going to be very difficult to get off the waitlist. BoardWalk view costs the same number of points as the Garden / Pool view. Often there are owners forced to take the G/P view when booking nearly 11 months out, and they'll waitlist the BW View.

And the standard view is arguably even more popular because it's just so few points for a great location.

^Adding to the above: for November time, standard view and boardwalk view studios (and 2BRs since all are lock-offs and thus disappear due to studio reservations) usually book full within moments after 8 a.m. eastern at 11-months out for any arrival date in November.

^Adding to the above: for November time, standard view and boardwalk view studios (and 2BRs since all are lock-offs and thus disappear due to studio reservations) usually book full within moments after 8 a.m. eastern at 11-months out for any arrival date in November.
Thanks! I really need to have a plan "B"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter