if you were still driving your first ever car now what car would you have?

1st car purchased was a Green Herbie that I had painted Red. 1963 VW Beetle

I hope you still have it. I paid many times that for my 1965 8 years ago.
Nope! Sold it a year later. I hated that car. Stalled all of the time. Had to have someone try to start it while I made some connection with a screwdriver under the hood. Not the safest situation for a 17 year old girl!

Nope! Sold it a year later. I hated that car. Stalled all of the time. Had to have someone try to start it while I made some connection with a screwdriver under the hood. Not the safest situation for a 17 year old girl!
Sadly, that was a simple, cheap repair. I contacted the lady who owned my car form 1978 to 1980 and when she owned it it overheated, the air conditioner didn't work, and it had an awful Earl Scheib paint job in a color different from what it had when it left the factory. I bought it fully restored, for a lot more than it sold for new in 1965, but less than the cheapest current model Mustang. And it doesn't overheat, the ac blows out 39 degree air and it has been returned to its original factory paint color, with a paint job far better than it left the factory with.

Red 1986 Mazda rx7, 2 seater with a sunroof, manual transmission (I didn’t know how to drive it when I bought it).

1967 Ford Mustang without A/C

I think I spent more time in the garage with my dad working on it that I did driving it. He paid $1,500 for it in 1987. It had been stored in a barn for several years and had to be drug out with a tractor. It did not even have rims. We got it running before leaving the farmers pasture, the engine was so simple you could see to the ground with the hood open.

A 1960 Plymouth Station Wagon with three on the tree and a slant six power house. A real chick magnet. Cost me $500 and used more oil than gasoline. but it made me very popular in High School because in those days not many High Schoolers had a car.

Last edited:
Now let’s all post our mothers maiden names for fun 👍🤣
Seriously, if anyone can trace back 60 years and find out who's name was on the registration and somehow trace it back to me, well, that person would be someone I would like to meet because that would be damned impressive.

A 1963 Lincoln Continental with suicide doors - my grandparents gave me theirs when I turned 15 back in 1974. It was great. We'd have like 10 people in the car and not be smashed. My Lincoln got 8 miles to the gallon! We nicknamed it The Tank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter