If you were on the waitlist to change dining seating

hcox31

DIS Veteran
When did you notice it got changed (if it did) to your requested alternative? How many days out from your sail date?

When did you notice it got changed (if it did) to your requested alternative? How many days out from your sail date?
We've been waitlisted for early seating for about half of our cruises. We've been moved on all of them, but one. We generally found out by checking our online reservation anywhere from 3 months out to 5 days prior to the cruise.

We have been waitlisted once. I found out we'd got it by checking our reservation online. It was 2-3 months before our cruise.

We just got back from the dream oct 17 cruise. I found out 1 day before we boarded by checking my online reservation. I had been checking daily and i was very surprised and happy to see it change on that day!

We were on the wait list for early seating for 8 months and never got it, but when we got on board we went and asked to be switched and they did it for us, no problem, and we were a party of 9.

Our travel agent requested early dinning for our cruise in January when we changed dates a few weeks ago. We got the confirmation a few hours later that we were changed.

How do you get on the waiting list?

If you are using a TA they will make the request on your behalf if you ask them.

Not sure how if you've booked the cruise yourself but I'm sure others have the answer for you.

When I booked over the phone, we asked the CM to add us to the wait list. Since it hadn't changed by the time we were onboard, we asked upon boarding.

We sail in February with 4 other families. Of the group, one family had been waitlisted and we found out about 2 months ago that they were bumped into ours.

this was probably a coincidence but the two times we were "wait listed", I called to check that I was still on the list (approx 4-5 months from sail date). Lo and behold both times, less than a week later, we were granted our request.
Could be a coincidence but can't hurt to call!

Twice been on wait list and neither time did we get changed. I'd assumed it was rare to get it changed.

this was probably a coincidence but the two times we were "wait listed", I called to check that I was still on the list (approx 4-5 months from sail date). Lo and behold both times, less than a week later, we were granted our request.
Could be a coincidence but can't hurt to call!
My usual suggestion for those wanting to switch dining times is to call periodically (upping the frequency as the cruise gets closer) to "confirm" that you are on the wait list. Something like the "squeaky wheel" getting oiled.

Most waitlist requests do come through. But not all.

Am I weird in the fact that I actually got early seating when I booked? Late April for a March '17 trip.

We are taking our first cruise this March. We were just assigned Second Seating and I didn't worry much about it since my kids are not little (9 and 11), so they don't need to eat at 5:45pm anymore. What are the advantages to the different times? Thank you!

My usual suggestion for those wanting to switch dining times is to call periodically (upping the frequency as the cruise gets closer) to "confirm" that you are on the wait list. Something like the "squeaky wheel" getting oiled.

Most waitlist requests do come through. But not all.
I'll have to do that. Thanks for the suggestion. I booked everything myself and called Disney to get put on the wait list. I'll be calling weekly now. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter