If you were a first timer, would this itinerary seem overwhelming?

Nobody is saying you should go to the hospital, that's ridiculous. You should bring a bar you can eat or order the parfait or whatever. Dragging everyone to that much table service isn't a good use of park time when you have so little, and it's the only chance they get. If you have to separate, then do that.
I don’t think anyone is saying that at all! I’m just saying that’s what happens. If other people don’t want to do table service, they don’t have to. I’ve said that a few times in this thread. Lol. This itinerary is just what I have personally planned. If they don’t wanna do some aspects on it, that’s totally cool with me.

Personally, I would MUCH rather take a midday break with a sit-down meal, watching one of the shows or parades in-park, etc than LEAVING the park and coming back. I've always been disappointed with evenings in the parks because personally I don't really find it to be less busy/have shorter lines. If the weather gets cruddy, then I would leave/come back but otherwise, once I'm in a park I stay there until i'm done for the day. That's how we've toured with young kids, and with relatives that are first-timers (who also have young kids.) Especially if you're using the disney busses, that could be a 30min wait for the bus (each direction) plus commute time, plus the Pop busses are usually nearly the furthest ones out. If your plan is based on getting the most out of your ticket cost/ time you have, you're spending a lot of it going back and forth on your midday breaks.

I don’t think anyone is saying that at all! I’m just saying that’s what happens. If other people don’t want to do table service, they don’t have to. I’ve said that a few times in this thread. Lol. This itinerary is just what I have personally planned. If they don’t wanna do some aspects on it, that’s totally cool with me.
Table service is booked months out, it's not a casual thing. So, you kinda do have to know who is going and least mostly.

YOU asked, "does this itinerary seem overwhelming?"

People answered the question you asked, "yes, trying to cram that much TS dining into such a short trip is overwhelming."

You reacted "yeah well screw you guys, it's my itinerary and I can do whatever I want."

There’s two reasons we can’t get park hoppers or an extra day: money and time off. We are all single people who don’t make *that* much, and we don’t get that much time off.

We’re staying at Pop this time around. If people don’t want to do all the things listed, they don’t have to. It’s not mandatory. We can all see and eat whatever we want to. But my group seems to want me to plan everything so I did.
That's great that you're staying at Pop. Makes many of your plans very doable and also, it'll be easy for your friends to return to the resort if they want to.

I don't think I ever really answered your main question, and, no, I don't think it's overwhelming at all. I wouldn't be overwhelmed--I'd be thrilled! And I hope your friends will be too.

I get the money part. But you should be fine with your plan. And let's hope this coming February is more like 3 or 4 years ago than like it's been lately, since you and your group could definitely benefit from lower crowds. And maybe, just maybe, February resort discounts will appear. Fingers crossed for you for that.

YOU asked, "does this itinerary seem overwhelming?"

People answered the question you asked, "yes, trying to cram that much TS dining into such a short trip is overwhelming."

You reacted "yeah well screw you guys, it's my itinerary and I can do whatever I want."
I don’t think OP is saying that at all. You offered suggestions, OP can take them or leave them, but it seems like they are just giving reasons why they’re doing what they’re doing?

We all do Disney differently. I’m not sure why OP’s responses are making you this upset, but maybe it’s time for an internet break. :rolleyes1

First week of February!

Pop might get invaded with dance team members, it looks like they're a dance tournament scheduled for Feb 3-5.

Also I don't think the pace of your trip is necessarily bad for first timers, but losing the valuable park time for first timers might be a buzzkill.

I would just use a TS lunch as a break and not incorporate a separate break. If there's an AH you can swing into the budget, I'd look into those....Take advantage of your youth and maximize that time!

I will definitely be getting Genie+ for MK. The only reason I have two that day is because I haven’t been to either and I really want to go!

DHS is also a great park for G+. It would also allow you a more leisurely pace in the morning of Day 3 when all-rope-drop-all-the-time is starting to wear you down a little. It's perfect for afternoon/night time stacking because the Slinky Dog return time gallops into the afternoon in seconds. Let people sleep in (while you get up at 7:00 to book LLs) and plan to get to DHS mid-morning.

I was there on September 20th and had:

2:05 - 3:05 pm Millennium Falcon
3:55 - 4:55 Toy Story Mania
4:05 - 5:05 Slinky Dog
4:35 - 5:35 M&MRR

I started with Slinky Dog at 7:00am, set an alarm for 2 hours after DHS opening made the next LL and so on. We were in Epcot for the morning, so we park hopped.

My other piece of DHS advise is to book Oga's for after park closing so you can take advantage of a shorter line for something at park closing.

DHS is also a great park for G+. It would also allow you a more leisurely pace in the morning of Day 3 when all-rope-drop-all-the-time is starting to wear you down a little. It's perfect for afternoon/night time stacking because the Slinky Dog return time gallops into the afternoon in seconds. Let people sleep in (while you get up at 7:00 to book LLs) and plan to get to DHS mid-morning.

I was there on September 20th and had:

2:05 - 3:05 pm Millennium Falcon
3:55 - 4:55 Toy Story Mania
4:05 - 5:05 Slinky Dog
4:35 - 5:35 M&MRR

I started with Slinky Dog at 7:00am, set an alarm for 2 hours after DHS opening made the next LL and so on. We were in Epcot for the morning, so we park hopped.

My other piece of DHS advise is to book Oga's for after park closing so you can take advantage of a shorter line for something at park closing.
I have seen that DHS is really good for stacking Genie+, so I think that would definitely be a good option. Also agree about Oga’s after close, I’ve done it twice and it’s always really fun to see the park empty when leaving.

I don’t think OP is saying that at all. You offered suggestions, OP can take them or leave them, but it seems like they are just giving reasons why they’re doing what they’re doing?
Apparently OP will "starve" or "go to the hospital" if they can't go to Steakhouse 71. I would never go to Steakhouse 71, even if it weren't a park day. I have better stuff in my hometown. And I'm certainly not spending expensive, limited park time on it. For a first time guest's park time, I would prioritize their park time.

I'm not sure why he posted for input, if this is the only way he can possibly do this trip without hospitalization.

We all do Disney differently. I’m not sure why OP’s responses are making you this upset, but maybe it’s time for an internet break. :rolleyes1
If you have your own way that's set in stone, don't come on the Internet asking for feedback and then snapping at anyone who actually gives you feedback.

Person A: "I'm thinking of wearing cheap flip flops to Animal Kingdom, what do you think?"
Person B: "I think it would be better to wear sneakers or strong sandals with arch support."
Person A: "Nah, I'm going to wear flip flops no matter what anyone says."
Person B: "Well then why did you ask!?"

Apparently OP will "starve" or "go to the hospital" if they can't go to Steakhouse 71. I would never go to Steakhouse 71, even if it weren't a park day. I have better stuff in my hometown. And I'm certainly not spending expensive, limited park time on it. For a first time guest's park time, I would prioritize their park time.

I'm not sure why he posted for input, if this is the only way he can possibly do this trip without hospitalization.

I have gone to Steakhouse 71 for lunch on a MK day. The food was just okay but I felt that going there and back to the MK was a big waste of time and the meal was 2-3 times more than a QS at the MK. We had the option of eating there 2 weeks ago and passed in favor of eating in the MK. One advantage of Steakhouse 71 is that first timers might enjoy eating in the Contemporary which is the iconic WDW resort and riding the monorail to get there.

You really have no idea what kind of medical issues or dietary restrictions this person has. Some people like doing lots of dining. I myself do as well! You may like the food in your hometown, but I personally don’t have a lot of good options where I’m from, so Disney allows me to have better food.

Either way, there’s no reason to be nasty. I feel like OP was perfectly pleasant until y’all started being rude.

You really have no idea what kind of medical issues or dietary restrictions this person has. Some people like doing lots of dining. I myself do as well! You may like the food in your hometown, but I personally don’t have a lot of good options where I’m from, so Disney allows me to have better food.

Either way, there’s no reason to be nasty. I feel like OP was perfectly pleasant until y’all started being rude.
Those are the OP's words, not mine. I truly hope OP can stave off starvation and hospitalization on their trip.

Going with some first timers, I’m the only seasoned veteran in the group so I’m planning. Lol. This is my itinerary so far.
Day 1: Arrival Day, Disney Springs Mid-day, Dinner at the Boathouse.
Day 2: Rope Drop Magic Kingdom, Breakfast at Sleepy Hollow, Lunch at Steakhouse 71, Mid-day Break, Dinner at Kona Cafe/Trader Sam’s, MK till Park Close.
(I don’t love MK quick service, so I usually visit the monorail hotels.)
Day 3: Rope Drop Hollywood Studios, Breakfast at Woody’s, Lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby, Dinner at Backlot/Oga’s Cantina, DHS till Park Close.
Day 4: Resort Breakfast, Rope Drop Epcot, Mid-day Break at Port Orleans, Epcot till Park Close.
Day 5: Departure Day, Rope Drop Animal Kingdom, Lunch at Satuli, Leave for Airport.
I tend to pack a lot into days, so I can get my money’s worth, and always do park open to close, with mid-day breaks/naps. I also try to do a few table service and quick service mixed in. Would this itinerary scare a first timer?
So here's my take. You say they are first timers and in another post said you thought they would like to all stick together with you. I would say it's not an overwhelming schedule for the age group you're taking. However, once the trip is over, I fear the first timers will look back and say all those TS meals were fun but drove up the budget and they may feel they didn't see as much as they could have. There's not much time in the schedule to soak in the park environments which I think is an important part of the first timer experience. Even going rope drop to park close, you're only going to be able to hit the highlights of each park with this schedule. As long as everybody understands that, there's no problem.

If this is your first timers’s only chance at Disney then I would encourage them to eat in the park or only do 1 or 2 table meals with you. Spending so much time traveling/outside the park would be disappointing, imo, from a value standpoint. It’s all about the rides and atmosphere at Disney! also, MK could be your least favorite park, but it could be one of your friends’s favorites… ie for my first and only cruise I went with a cruise fiend friend and because she’s done all the excursions before she didn’t want to do any with me. So I missed out on a lot and I did resent her a bit… regretted that trip. Just a thought to consider.

If this is your first timers’s only chance at Disney then I would encourage them to eat in the park or only do 1 or 2 table meals with you. Spending so much time traveling/outside the park would be disappointing, imo, from a value standpoint. It’s all about the rides and atmosphere at Disney! also, MK could be your least favorite park, but it could be one of your friends’s favorites… ie for my first and only cruise I went with a cruise fiend friend and because she’s done all the excursions before she didn’t want to do any with me. So I missed out on a lot and I did resent her a bit… regretted that trip. Just a thought to consider.
I would guess that none of them have a favorite since they’ve never been? But maybe they do. I plan to ask what they’re main priorities are! So this plan isn’t firm or anything.

I would guess that none of them have a favorite since they’ve never been? But maybe they do. I plan to ask what they’re main priorities are! So this plan isn’t firm or anything.

I would hazard a guess that to MOST people the iconic Disney rides are in MK. I personally have a love/hate relationship with the MK and in my 20s would only go at night because I found stroller alley in fantasyland overwhelming but on my first trip, my mom and I did 1.5 days in MK (late arrival after our plane landed, hotel check in, cab to TTC and then open to close) and one day in what was MGM and we barely scratched the surface.
But now I am one of those stroller people, I have become what overwhelms me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter