If you stay onsite, do you need to buy a park pass too ?

alexandra uk

DIS Veteran
Am I right in thinking that if I were to stay onsite for 7 nights of my holiday, I wouldn't need to buy hopper passes ?
I don't want to stay onsite for the whole holiday, because there are so many other things offsite that I want to do.

You are asolutely right. The first time we stayed at Disney World CBR for a week with our DD and DS who were very young we only went to MK and Epcott and bought separate entry passes to the parks for 3 of us (DS was a baby so he was free). We really enjoyed hanging out at CBR . You can save a lot of money and do Disney inexpensively by only buying passes for one or a few days to one park per day. There is a slight discount for the second and third park you visit. We have been to Disney several times after that visit and always buy passes for one park per day. We spend the entire day at each park with days off inbetween. We may purchase hoppers when the kids are older.:bounce: :bounce:

If you are planning on visiting the WDW parks while staying onsite, I would suggest going ahead and buying park passes. If you are only planning on sleeping onsite then there is no need for passes.

Staying "onsite" only means you stay at a Disney owned resort (or the Swan/Dolpin) which is within the property limits of the Disney World grounds. You would still need some type of park admission passes/tickets to enter Epcot, Magic Kingdom (MK), Animal Kingdom (AK) or MGM Sudios.

Staying onsite tends to cost more than off site resorts. But I have always prefered to stay at the Disney owned resorts as I like the themes, the closeness to the parks and now they have brought back early admission for onsite guests.

Hope this helps.:D

So the ultimate park hopper is only included if you book the whole package through Disney ? (i think virgin do it too)

You can buy several tickets when you arrive at WDW-at the Resort or at the parks....4,5,or 6 day tickets with various options. That way you can visit Universal or Sea world on other days.

Virgin and some other UK Travel Companies include the UPH in the total cost and is therefore a compulsory purchase, but if you are booking room only then you are free to get which ever ticket (or even none at all) you like.

Therefore, if you want a 'normal' hopper, you can buy it, or you still buy the UPH if you like, direct from Disney. What a lot of people like to do is buy the UPH when they check in and knock off the first day and last days (when they are checking in and out and therefore usually only 'half days') to avoid paying for something they won't get the full benefit of :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter