If you purchase a disney gift card at target or walmart...do you have to activate it?

eric8

Mouseketeer
I checked the balance online and it is correct. But I can't find where you activate it on the Disney gift card website. Is it already activated once it's purchased from a store?

I'm not sure about Walmart, but Disney gift cards from Target do not need to be activated.

I checked the balance online and it is correct. But I can't find where you activate it on the Disney gift card website. Is it already activated once it's purchased from a store?
Yes. If it has a balance, it's activated. You don't even need a physical card - just the number on the card. We buy electronic Disney gift cards from the Target website to pay for everything Disney related and almost never buy those from the store.

No, you don’t need to activate elsewhere. Disney gift cards are activated at the time you purchase them. It will be recorded on your receipt. (I always check my receipt before leaving the store.) no need to ‘activate’ them anywhere.

I got two physical Disney GCs as gifts and I’ve been keeping one on me and one in a safe place just in case it gets lost. I can buy more digital cards online at Target and transfer the balances between cards online. So far it’s worked really well and every bit of savings counts!

I got two physical Disney GCs as gifts and I’ve been keeping one on me and one in a safe place just in case it gets lost. I can buy more digital cards online at Target and transfer the balances between cards online. So far it’s worked really well and every bit of savings counts!
This is what we do as well. Just make sure to hang never get rid of the physical cards if you use them to book DCL or rooms. Disney will credit them if you have to cancel and refund you in currency for any amount over $1000.00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter