If you love DCL and have found an all-inclusive that meets expectations

Gentry2004

DIS Veteran
Would you mind sharing it? DH would like to try an all-inclusive land resort in the Caribbean to get more beach time but I'm worried it won't be as nice of an experience as DCL. Does anyone have one that they can recommend? We'd be traveling with two teen daughters.

TIA.

(PS - I hope its okay for me to post this!)

We have been to all inclusives all over Mexico and the Caribbean. There are 2 all inclusives that I would rate as comparable to DCL - Beaches, Turks and Caicos and Xcaret in Mexico. Although, I personally, would not travel to Mexico now.

We have been to all inclusives all over Mexico and the Caribbean. There are 2 all inclusives that I would rate as comparable to DCL - Beaches, Turks and Caicos and Xcaret in Mexico. Although, I personally, would not travel to Mexico now.
Why not?

Beaches Turks & Caicos is one of the few family all-inclusive resorts that compares to DCL.

Would you mind sharing it? DH would like to try an all-inclusive land resort in the Caribbean to get more beach time but I'm worried it won't be as nice of an experience as DCL. Does anyone have one that they can recommend? We'd be traveling with two teen daughters.

TIA.

(PS - I hope its okay for me to post this!)

I just want to chime in that I love this question! We've been wondering the same thing.

Drug cartel violence. It has made it to Playa Del Carmen.

I will also add that we went to an all inclusive resort every year for probably 15 years. Then we started cruising with DCL. I much prefer DCL to any all inclusive we have been to :)

Last edited:

We love AMResorts (Dreams, Secrets etc) and they are great for kids. Some have water parks, there are always lots of pools and the kids clubs are great esp for the 3-10 set. They don't do wrist bands, they have several different restaurants and all have a coffee cafe that we always get mixed up with Cove lol (kids are allowed, they are called Coco Cafe at these resorts).

We went to the Westin Reserva Conchal in Costa Rica. It’s an all inclusive inside a private nature reserve with direct access to Playa Conchal which is one of the most amazing beaches I’ve ever been to. It beats Castaway Cay for me in terms of straight beach beauty. It’s not Mexico or the Caribbean (it’s on the Pacific side of the country not too far from the Liberia airport). It was incredible though! Their breakfast buffet put Cabanas to shame and then some. Actually the buffet consistently did at all meals and their quick service pizza was really good and unique. The sit down restaurants (all included) were a bit more hit and miss and lacked Disney theming but we generally enjoyed them, had some incredible sushi. The variety of food is definitely broader than what you find on DCL. While we missed some things from Disney we experienced awesome service, overall loved the food and the property is incredible.

We had a pack of howler monkeys living in the tree outside our room, saw giant iguanas all the time and while their entertainment was no where near DCL the Michael Jackson tribute show made for an entertaining evening.

We did a couple “excursions” just day trips one to go zip lining and the other a real life jungle cruise with crocodiles, monkeys and more. I’d go back in a heartbeat if we could. Unfortunately the deal we got on airfare is not likely to be repeated so while we paid a little less for the hotel stay than a DCL cruise for our family the airfare now tends to make it unlikely for us at the moment.

I have a friend who is currently staying at the Maya Riviera Barcelo. She says it is the nicest vacation they have ever had. The pictures she posts are beautiful. Never been myself but it's on the list.

Careful with Beaches at T&C and carefully comb through recent reviews. We considered going there in 2022, and had a trip booked that we cancelled due to reviews being poor re: service, food, cleanliness etc.

Last edited:
Careful with Beachea at T&C and carefully comb through recent reviews. We considered going there in 2022, and had a trip booked that we cancelled due to reviews being poor re: service, food, cleanliness etc.
Yeah the price is also more like concierge on DCL than than standard DCL. For our family of 5 we checked multiple dates this year and the prices for one week started at $20,000. That’s twice what DCL costs for a weeklong cruise the same week.

To answer OP, we have stayed at several nicer resorts and really enjoyed Azul Beach in Riviera Maya near Cancun. Food quality was on par with DCL (not the case at the other all inclusives we did) and they spacious rooms for 5 and incredible pools and landscaping. We would be happy to go there again and price was about the same as DCL. However like the pp who posted earlier, we are avoiding mexico this year given the uptick in cartel violence near the resort areas.

Loved Beaches Turks and Caicos last summer. DCL food is better though. Also, their childcare seemed to be mostly outdoors in the heat. Not like the kids club in DCL. We had a spectacular time though doing water activities at the beach, trying different restaurants and pools. Definitely read reviews to see which sections are better to stay in. Fave activity was an excursion jet skiing to a sandbar.

We went last summer to Hotel Xcaret Mexico in Riviera Maya. It was an amazing experience that exceeded our expectations and was very safe. We stayed at the resort, on resort transportation, and at the nature theme parks. We did not travel on our own outside of the resort areas.

In addition to being all inclusive, all of the nature theme parks are included. We ziplined, visited Cenotes, snorkeled, cliff jumped, rode in ATV’s, white water rafted, and more, and all we paid for was a photo package and a couple hundred in tips. It was exciting and relaxing all at the same time. The food was great, loved having adult drinks available, and the service was incredible.

My kids (8 and 13 at the time) said it was literally the best vacation ever, and we are booked to go again this summer over going to Disney or a cruise.

Love Club Med La Caravelle in Guadeloupe. Great clubs for the kids, best beach of GuIMG_0979 - copie.jpgadeloupe. Lots of activities for all ages. Great food.

I second hotel Xcaret. It is a unique experience at a unique looking resort
. We plan to go back right before flying to our DCL cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter