• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you lived 2 hours away...

We live about an hour (60-75 minutes depending on traffic and if we get a speeding ticket-lol) and we go for the day at least 304 times a month. We also use our Sun Pass and it saves even more time. :)

Glad you decided to go! We live in St. Aug (World Golf Village) and do it, but I like to stay over better, I get 2 days at Disney that way!! Have fun tomorrow!:cool1::cool1:

Julia

I live in SW Florida and it's about a three hour drive and we too have done day trips. WE even did the craziest thing once for MNSSHP, we left at about 3p.m got there about six did the party til close left at midnight and we got home at about 3 a.m :sad2:

Why would you not have APs and go every chance you got?:scared1: Of course we would go to the happiest place on Earth!

I think you will find that most people who live here in Florida or at least within a couple hours of Disney(I do also) will not buy AP. Most of refuse to go in the heat and at the peak times.

I would go. Gosh we drove double that for Storyland and that is not anywhere near as fun as Disney!

DH & I live about 1 1/2hrs (an hour if I drive-taking beachline & greenway) from WDW. We've done alot of day trips when we had our seasonal AP's but we found that we really didn't enjoy the trip half as much as we did if we stayed over. We decided just to plan trips during the week and stay 3-4 days instead. Last year I took 3 girlfriends with me in April and we left here at 7am & were in the MK by ropedrop, but we were so absolutely whipped when we left the park that it was all we could do to keep me awake to drive back home. The next time we decided to go we got a room for the 4 of us onsite. We were much happier and much more pleasant to each other after that........:lmao:

One downside about day trips that I found was when our DD was younger (about 10) we had the AP's and I felt that we needed to go at least 2x per month to get our monies worth out of the AP's. The end result of that is that my DD (who is now 22) absolutely refuses to go to WDW. Has no desire......she said I totally burnt her out on WDW in that year.............:laughing:

Have fun...........:cutie:

I'm 3.5-4 hours away and I used to do it pretty often and yes it is crazy to wake up at 4 or 5am do the drive to get to the parks at 8 or 9am,spend the day at the parks walking around all day and then drive back at 9-10pm to get home at 1 or 2 am.Many times we did the one day thing because of some group we wanted to see at the EPCOT concerts or a special event and we could only make it one day.When gas prices jumped to $4 a gallon we went from doing it pretty often to just every now and then.It is very tiring, you don't get tired of visiting Disney,but you do get tired of the drive.If I was two hours away I would be at the parks at least weekly,two hours each way in one day is nothing compared to 4 each way.I've realized I need to move closer to the parks,I put over 300,000 miles on my last car and my current one is at 95,000,all highway miles.

I live about 3 hours away and have never done a day trip to the parks. I know that it would be to hard to get my kids out before closing and I don't think I would want to drive that far after walking all day. I did however meet my daughter at DTD for the day tho. I have never bought AP either. Never really thought about it. I may do that next year, I will see.

ABSOLUTELY! We live about 2 hours from Nashville and used to go to Opryland (now defunct amusement park) all the time for day trips. Now we go just to shop or whatever. If I lived up to four hours away I would do it. St. Louis is about 4 hours from me and we occasionally do day trips to Six Flags as well.

Just my 2 cents! :thumbsup2

Mi2ladybugs, I'm sure you are asleep now, but we might see you there. Want to see the SWW parade again and also Hyperspace Hoopla, but trying to decide what to do between the two.

We live a little south of Tampa and it is a little over an hour to get there. I go as much as possible.

If I was spending at least 4 hours at WDW, then of course I would go. If the driving time is more than the park time then I would skip it.

When I lived near St. Petersburg, it was about a two hour drive. We would go for day trips occasionally, but we always left for home by at least 7pm, regardless of how late the parks were open. I wouldn't have been able to do the drive after being in the parks until 10 or 11pm (and that's back when I was young:laughing:).

We got to the point where we would only do a weekend instead of a day trip, and we would book Friday and Saturday, and drive over after work - spend all day Saturday - and come back home Sunday morning.

If it was the only way I could go, I'd do it. I have to admit though, living 20 minutes away, I still prefer an overnight stay if I'm going to be there late instead of driving home.

Maybe its just me or different attitudes from uk, but a 2 hour drive seems like .. next to NOTHING!

i know people whose commute to work is longer!!

if i lived 2 hours from disney and had APs id go every weekend! :rotfl:

Just curious...how is it you live in Atlanta and have AP's? I thought they were for Fl Res only? Am I wrong? :confused3

As others have said anyone can get an AP but you do get a better price if you are DVC or FL Res. We have been trying to figure out how to become FL Res w/o having to change jobs/home. The DVC is the better option but we can't make it work just yet!:confused3

My folks live on one end of the state about 3 hours away, and my wife's folks live on the other about 4 hours away, so long drives are nothing to us. In fact, my daily commute is 55 minutes, one way. My guess is we'd only stay onsite if we took vacation there. Otherwise, we'd take several day trips annually. It would be awesome to live that close to WDW.

Glad to hear you had a nice time and are thinking about a day trip with your children. If I lived two hours away from Disney, I would be there every chance I got! :banana:

I would. I have been known to stay in the Magic Kingdom until closing, then drive five hours home. If I get too sleepy, I pull into one of the rest areas that almost always has an FHP cruiser around and take a nap. I always try to get home before the sun comes up! :thumbsup2

SSB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter