• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you have your own office at work.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never take my shoes off while in my office. Bare feet are a safety violation that you can be fired for. You never know what is on the floor that you can step on. I believe it is very unprofessional. Wear shoes that are comfortable instead of fashionable and you never think about it.

During the summer I had my own office and I would frequently take my shoes off so I could sit indian style on my chair.
Perhaps it's because I'm still young and I have not yet developed the 'sitting properly in a chair' ability LOL.
I had a desk that covered my legs though so if someone happened to walk by they wouldn't notice my shoes on the ground. But of course I'd slip them back on if I had to leave my office/get out of my chair.

I'd also listen to various different talk radio shows on CBC radio because I was an admin/HR assistant so I was frequently just doing really mundane tasks that no one else wanted to do, so I could listen to the radio and do them at the same time.

(I would also paint my nails in there sometimes)

I do, and I have no problem with my employees doing it also, unless there's a client visiting the office, of course. It's not like we walk around barefoot. We work long hours, specially when meeting a dateline for a campaign, as long as they're confortable and decent, I really don't care what they wear.

I take my shoes off! I also sit cross legged in my chair, listen to music all day on my headphones, and wear jeans and a t-shirt most days of the week. How's that for trashy. :thumbsup2 My office is also across the hall from our call center, and I'm there from 3:30-midnight .. so it's not the most traditional office job. But when I step away from my desk, or someone walks in my office, I put my shoes on and untangle my legs. :goodvibes I'm there for 1/3 of my day - I'm gonna be comfortable while I'm there, and it's never been a problem.

I don't take my shoes off, I wear spandex. God give it a rest.:mad:

Ok. Is there a problem? If there is, simply don't open the thread. If you feel you must open the thread, simply don't post. Isn't that an easy solution?? :confused3

I have my own office and yes, I'm barefoot right now. I only wear backless shoes because I prefer slipping them off all the time! :thumbsup2

I do take shoes off because I hate wearing shoes...but I would never walk around in my bare feet. BUT if I worked in a more professional type office I would not. I will read the DIS on break or lunch but don't post...I'm off today that's why I'm posting mid day.

Isn't this sort of just a continuation of the thread that got closed though...thought that wasn't allowed? :confused3

I meant "dressy"-type jeans. Banana Republic has some awesome trouser cut jeans that I love and they don't look too casual to wear to work or out to dinner.

I've always wanted to get jeans like that, but whenever I see them, I always pass. Maybe next time I'm out, but BR is so expencive.

I do take shoes off because I hate wearing shoes...but I would never walk around in my bare feet. BUT if I worked in a more professional type office I would not. I will read the DIS on break or lunch but don't post...I'm off today that's why I'm posting mid day.

Isn't this sort of just a continuation of the thread that got closed though...thought that wasn't allowed? :confused3

Actually, I started this thread BEFORE the one that got closed. No one had posted on it however, in a while, and all of the sudden someone did. Wasn't me, I just started chatting when they did. I think I'll go now, however, because the dis has become a very nasty place to be :goodvibes

ETA - If a mod wants to close it, please do so.

Well then :snooty:

Guess I'm unprofessional. I'm sitting at work, typing on The Dis, eating a can of soup out of tupperware - no shoes, sitting Indian Style on my office chair.
Take me away "professional police" !!!!! :lmao::lmao:

At least I'm not wearing jeans today. :snooty:

No, I don't think that slipping your shoes off for a minute in the privacy of your office, with the door shut, is unprofessional.

But, sorry, what you just described in the above quote - uh...yes, I find that extremely unprofessional.

I don't know you, but I have to ask, is your employer okay with all the time you spend on personal computer usage? I know my husband's office blocks most of those types of websites so that employees can't use them during work hours. Just curious.:surfweb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter