If you have to wait in line...which is most entertaining?

Surgie

Mouseketeer
We will have FP and a plan for an early May 2018 trip. But with four kids in our group, all under 6 at the time of the trip, which lines provide some entertainment as we wait to at least make the time go a little faster to the kids (and parents and grandparents!)?

Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye.
(Great queue. But, it does require a rather lengthy trip to the other side of the continent.)

;)

We will have FP and a plan for an early May 2018 trip. But with four kids in our group, all under 6 at the time of the trip, which lines provide some entertainment as we wait to at least make the time go a little faster to the kids (and parents and grandparents!)?

As the PP mentioned, Pan and Dumbo have great queues. We actually don't mind waiting for PP now as we enjoy the new queue. SDMT, Pooh, HM, and Under The Sea have interactive queues. Test Track has cars to look at. Dinosaur and EE are neat to look at, same with TSMM and Star Tours.

I think the best for kids are Dumbo, PP, Pooh, and HM-all have something interactive. I would still FP PP just because of how much time it can eat up waiting.

Our favorites: Dumbo, Pooh, Haunted Mansion

Get FP+ for 7DMT & Peter Pan despite the fun queues.

Everest & Space Mountain (if the lines aren't ridiculously long) are great for older kids... and parents, and grandparents. :)

At Epcot, the character spot plays older Disney cartoons and the Pixar short film festival has a video running.

While it's not highly entertaining (they do have a huge interactive screen that many people participate in), Soarin is our favorite line to wait in. Between being inside, how you can lean against the walls (we even see a lot of kids sitting on the carpeted ground), and a very close bathroom to take turns if needed; we never mind the standby wait (bc we usually FP Test Track instead). If the adults have a couple of games on your phones, it'd be a line the kids could sorta relax a bit in and take a break from the heat (or cold) outside.

Download Ellen's Heads Up Game onto a cellphone. Even little kids can plan. We don't hold it up like the instructions but one kid will hold it and try to get the others to guess... USE the animal or Disney category (You will have to buy Disney but its only a few dollars). You can also find kid verses but I haven't found one I really like yet.

We had so much fun and waiting went by fast playing. We did it on the the bus, in line for rides, waiting for our food (at a quick service)... any time we were stopped they would ask to play. It keep them entertained the whole week. Because in the end its still a line and no matter how entertaining the decor is... kids don't always find it fun and you only have a small section of the line you are in front of the fun items.

Even though the PP queue is really cool and entertaining, the line is still typically way too long for us with litttle ones so we always FP it :)

Even though the PP queue is really cool and entertaining, the line is still typically way too long for us with litttle ones so we always FP it :)
Agree, and its really only interactive for the last 25' or so. I'm not getting in claustrophobic line if the posted wait is more than 30 minutes, and that's a stretch.

I was going to suggest grabbing a cocktail before getting in line in all but Magic Kingdom when I saw your post title...but that and a spirited game of "Ticket to Ride" is probably not recommended for the under 6 crowd, but I bet they'd fall asleep in the stroller!

Look up stuff you can do on your phone as a group! I would have recommended "Heads Up" basically a charades game, but you need to be able to read for that! Maybe do some bingo games- (e.g. People in matching shirts, goofy walking around, etc). It'll make them keep their eyes out during lines!

We love what they've done with the queue for Peter Pan and I'm sure the little ones in your party will as well :-)

We bring bubbles (small one like wedding favors) this keeps our 3yr happy and other kiddos in the line too. Also use the I spy game, and head ups game too. I have also used the Melissa and Doug Water Wow books that are like $4-8 off Amazon. Kiddos can color them using only water so it dries quick and they can color again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter