If you have the chance to stay at Bungalows.. will you?

Absolutely, yes, and have done so. We loved it. The only con was that I was a little nervous about my then toddler and being by the water, which was probably irrational on my end since he's the type of kid that we can't take our eyes off of no matter where we are.

edited to add:
Pros (versus studios):
an actual living room
full size fridge (we don't cook on vacation but we like to have a fridge fully stocked with cold beverages)
full dining table for eating at if you have meals delivered/room service (or if you do cook)
washer and dryer
huge deck with speakers for viewing MK fireworks
private plunge pool :)

Last edited:
Absolutely, yes, and have done so. We loved it. The only con was that I was a little nervous about my then toddler and being by the water, which was probably irrational on my end since he's the type of kid that we can't take our eyes off of no matter where we are.
how so? i am traveling with a 5yr old.. the veranda is too open?
also read something about the noise and the water supply?

how so? i am traveling with a 5yr old.. the veranda is too open?
also read something about the noise and the water supply?
I edited my post to add more information after you quoted it.
No, it's not open. There are closely set railings all around the veranda/deck. There is also railing and a rope-like mesh along the walkway to the entry. Like I said, my concern about the water was just me being a worrier. My youngest child is fearless, very bold, and requires close watching at all times.
You can hear the boat horns but it isn't any worse than at the Wilderness Lodge cabins, and not much worse than what you hear from the boats in any room that faces the docks at YC, BWI, GF, CR, WL, or Poly. You can also hear the water pageant, and it is very loud, but you'll hear that at any of the resorts on the lagoon in a water facing unit.
I didn't notice an issue with the water supply. We always drink bottled water when we are in Florida. I order several cases delivered from Garden Grocer when we stay at WDW.

edited to add additional comments, clarify details, and to fix typos

Last edited:
I would choose the Bungalows.

Pros: Sitting in the living room watching the boats drive by. watching the electrical water pageant.

Cons: bugs on the veranda. We tried to have dinner outside one night and watch the fireworks. The bugs were flying all around us and trying to get in our food. This was a few years ago so many dvc fixed this issue?

Heck yes! The Bungalows are once in a lifetime types of rentals(for most). We were lucky enough to get one VERY cheap(around $800 a night) back in 2018 and we stayed in one for 6 nights. Definitely the most magical room we've ever had at WDW.

We were never bothered by the bugs, they were there though. Our youngest was a almost 2 and slept through the toilet flushing and boat noises, and even the water parade without issue. The units are sound proofed very well.

You have fewer beds in the bungalow than two studios. One king bed, one queen bed, one queen sleeper sofa, two bunk sized murphy beds in the bungalow (eight sleeping places). Two queens, two queen sleepers, two bunk sized murphy beds in two studios (ten sleeping places).

If you are in a bungalow, DO NOT FEED THE WILDLIFE.

if they charged the same a s a 1 BR at OKW, since you get about the same square footage, I would try it.
No way I would waste 160 points a night to stay in a PV bungalow. You could get a VGF grand villa for those same 160 points. Or 2.5 nights in an OKW GV for those 160 points.

if they charged the same a s a 1 BR at OKW, since you get about the same square footage, I would try it.
No way I would waste 160 points a night to stay in a PV bungalow. You could get a VGF grand villa for those same 160 points. Or 2.5 nights in an OKW GV for those 160 points.

Its definitely more about the experience not the size of the room.

I would love to some day, and I own at Poly, but I'll never be able to justify spending over 150 points a night, when I only have a 100 point contract. I wouldn't think it would be a good use of my points to bank, use, and borrow for a 2 night stay. Maybe I'll add on some day and do it, but I have heard that for the points, the CCV cabins and VGF grand villas are actually nicer.

I would never spend that may points on a bungalow. I have always thought the bungalow point charts were toooooooooo high! But, some people love the ....so I like that DVC gives us options :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter