If you have a moment, help my friend and I choose a deluxe!

With a friend I would choose Beach Club, you can walk to Epcot or the Boardwalk at night, or chat while floating in a lazy river. You can also sit poolside and Guillermo will bring you tasty tropical drinks

I love Guillermo!

I vote for BC

ETA I see you choose YC - excellent choice!

I would do the BC. They have some great lounges, walking distance to Epcot for F&W, great restaurants, the pool is amazing and the vibe of the Boardwalk is really cool.

For me I would do either Boardwalk or Beach Club. These are resorts that you can walk to either Epcot or HS. Also these resort are fun for adults at night with Jellyrolls and other adult themed entertainment.

I would say AKL (my FAV resort) for any other time except for Food and Wine, for which I would do Beach Club, hands down.....especially since you are going to just be "enjoying" the atmosphere and not doing parks as a priority, you have the walks from Epcot to HS, and the the possibility to explore the other resorts nearby......it has been my DREAM to stay at YC/BC for the pool and especially for F&W, but I don't have that much money for my disney trips (my F&W yearly trip is at AS Sports! hahaha)....but one day!

and regarding your AP.....if your trip this year is "after" your trip next year, then you can get the use out of it in an overlapping AP! that's what I am doing this and next year :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this! Honestly, I've wanted to stay at either Yacht or Beach Club for years, and I definitely understand the price tag being a struggle. I've only ever stayed at POFQ before, and next week I'll be at POP, so I don't find anything wrong at all with All Star Sports! In my opinion, you can have an awesome vacation from any Disney resort, though I'll admit to being excited about the prospect of walking to Epcot during F&W. Everyone's wants and needs are different (and it can even vary trip to trip!), and I know I have a lot of saving ahead of me this year. Even still, I hope that you get to stay at your dream resort some day, if budgeting ever allows! :-)

Oh, and as far as the AP stuff goes -- my trip this year will be later in September than the one next year, so I am thinking that it might end up being a better deal. I have five park hoppers for this trip, and my friend was looking at five for next time - so price wise, I think I'd come out a little ahead. (Not to mention the chance for discounts!)

Last edited:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this! Honestly, I've wanted to stay at either Yacht or Beach Club for years, and I definitely understand the price tag being a struggle. I've only ever stayed at POFQ before, and next week I'll be at POP, so I don't find anything wrong at all with All Star Sports! In my opinion, you can have an awesome vacation from any Disney resort, though I'll admit to being excited about the prospect of walking to Epcot during F&W. Everyone's wants and needs are different (and it can even vary trip to trip!), and I know I have a lot of saving ahead of me this year. Even still, I hope that you get to stay at your dream resort some day, if budgeting ever allows! :-)

Oh, and as far as the AP stuff goes -- my trip this year will be later in September than the one next year, so I am thinking that it might end up being a better deal. I have five park hoppers for this trip, and my friend was looking at five for next time - so price wise, I think I'd come out a little ahead. (Not to mention the chance for discounts!)

yes, one day!

POFQ is my favorite mod!

I priced it out for my 2 trips, and the 2 sets of park hoppers would be $100 more than the AP, and not including our discounts! YAY!

I like Poly very much, but for two friends, I would recommend BWI. ime (staying at both BC and BWI several times) I think that BC is one of the resorts that is a kid magnet. BWI has a more relaxed vibe (to me) and still has proximity to Epcot for eating and drinking at WS. Also, ime, BWI usually has better discounts available. I can usually get a std room closer to $300 per night vs $400 per night.

Also send out some emails to Disney specific TAs to see if they have any group rates for the times you are going.

I would do beach club. You can easily spend the day at the pool and its an easy walk to epcot and a not horrible walk to hollywood studios.

My home away from home is the Beach Club. The proximity to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is fantastic, and if you're going next September you'll probably be there right in the middle of Food and Wine!

We stayed in the 3 bedroom villa at AKL. Everything was fantastic. The restaurants, the pool, the gift shop, etc. My only legitimate gripe was the 20 minute bus ride to MK. If I decide to stay there again I'll definitely drive my own car to MK to cut down on the time. My other complaint was me being picky about Victoria Falls Lounge. We're staying at Saratoga this year which i'm excited about due to it being right next to Disney Springs. BC looks super nice as well, might give that a try next year. Good luck with your decision!

We stayed in the 3 bedroom villa at AKL. Everything was fantastic. The restaurants, the pool, the gift shop, etc. My only legitimate gripe was the 20 minute bus ride to MK. If I decide to stay there again I'll definitely drive my own car to MK to cut down on the time. My other complaint was me being picky about Victoria Falls Lounge. We're staying at Saratoga this year which i'm excited about due to it being right next to Disney Springs. BC looks super nice as well, might give that a try next year. Good luck with your decision!

People make such a big deal about this but the difference is negligible to MK especially when coming back from MK. BC is 19 minutes or so, the difference is a couple of minutes. At wilderness lodge if they stop at Fort Wilderness before magic kingdom, the ride isn't that much shorter either.

Our family loves to do a split stay of Beach Club and Poly. Beach Club for easy access to Epcot for World Showcase fun and HS. Poly for resort amenities and MK.

People make such a big deal about this but the difference is negligible to MK especially when coming back from MK. BC is 19 minutes or so, the difference is a couple of minutes. At wilderness lodge if they stop at Fort Wilderness before magic kingdom, the ride isn't that much shorter either.

Trust me, 20 minutes is a long time after 10PM with a full day at MK packed in to a bus full of people while holding a sleeping child. Every minute counts. I've never stayed at BC but are you sure about that time? It's 5 miles closer to MK.

I think you should consider BC since you will likely be there during the food and wine festival. It's a short walk in the back door of EC.

Trust me, 20 minutes is a long time after 10PM with a full day at MK packed in to a bus full of people while holding a sleeping child. Every minute counts. I've never stayed at BC but are you sure about that time? It's 5 miles closer to MK.

Been there for 10pm close, for 12am close, for 1am close with child sleeping on me, with child standing next to me pretty much asleep. Its about the same amount of time by the time they stop at YC and then move to BC. Under 5 minutes tops in difference. Pretty much every resort is the same unless you are staying at Contemporary where you can walk back, they either have buses that stop at other places, or monorail thats jammed and still takes 20 minutes to get back or more.

Last trip at BC they had the bus go to all the epcot resorts, was longer than it takes to AKL so really the difference is negligible regardless of where you stay even though people seem to think the monorail resorts are quicker to the magic kingdom.

As an all adult trip I'd chose Beach Club. I loved the location and being able to pop over to Epcot or HS without getting on a bus. I also liked having so many other resorts within walking distance which made dining extra special and fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter